Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

well there's a growing list of countries looking to make vaccines mandatory for the normal day to day things in life.

will they round up everyone who doesn't want one, for the jabbing squad or what..

no matter what you do, the bar will be raised, pretty soon it will be so far up, you'll never see the ground again.

even the staunchest of posters here are no admitting they dismissed this sort of stuff in the beginning as fodder for the dullards.

not so much now is it. The attorney general was involved t his morning along with bord Failte...does that sound like temporary measures

for August, Sept to October?? 12 weeks or so??? does it f..k!!

Watched this and thought that the only thing missing was Holohan, Glynn, and Nolan's face superimposed in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭bloopy

Is this for indoor dining or does it apply to outdoors as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,539 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I'm vaccinated myself but this is just utter madness,

People like to go out for a drink or a meal to relax not for all theses rules & checks & what not just feels like to much hassle for everyone ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,141 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

The hard left is against what's being implemented this week, for a wide variety of reasons. They are not to blame for this government's authoritarianism.

They did propose stricter lockdown measures earlier this year as well as opposing the fast-tracking of reopening ahead of the government's own schedule last summer, and in both cases they were right. Had we done a proper lockdown in January as opposed to the bullsh!t watered down version in which companies were given complete discretion in packing office blocks again, we probably wouldn't have needed to be in level five for so long, and last summer we had a real opportunity to go for zero covid for a brief period, before the government decided to move everything forward by one month.

Nonetheless, the discriminatory system being put in place this week is 100% something that is opposed by the hard left. As they have repeatedly stated in and out of the Oireachtas ever since the two-tier system was proposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭alentejo

Is there a requirement now to have a phone number to dine out. Would an email address be sufficient. Could I honestly prove that i don't have a phone?

Tbh, i could tolerate the id and covid pass, however the individual phone number is a step to far.

I shall remain outside for the time being

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭alentejo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,413 ✭✭✭brickster69

All roads lead to Rome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Honestly this is f*cking chilling.

Too many people have too little cynicism when it comes to government mission creep. Time and time and time again, it has been proven that "it's just X", or "first they came for Y" is an exceptionally dangerous position to hold - not just in Ireland, but throughout the entire history of humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Ah good timing ! Just in time for the next wave of restrictions.

Make no mistake RTE will be praying and hoping for a new variant that will shut everything down for the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

• Registered Users Posts: 37,815 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Not one person employed in the government /NPHET and other agencies has lost out financially and socially (they were able to attend work in person etc) during all this

• Registered Users Posts: 18,072 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Oh and forgot to mention that you have to be vaccinated and divulge this medical info to get in. BTW I'm not at all antivax in case that one is thrown out, which it is all too often.

I have an underlying condition and got jabbed in April and May and glad to do so (I posted about that on this forum over the last few months) but these impositions on civil liberties are frankly dystopian and the type of stuff that was laughed at as a mad conspiracy theory over the last year. Yes they are intended to be temporary but they should never be considered in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭prunudo

Was listening to Adrian Cummins on the last word about half hour ago. Does he have a position on nphet, talk about a useless representive for the hospitality sector. Now I appreciate he's only the messenger but god, did he just bow down to everything obstacle the government put in front of him.

Of course Matt Cooper, didn't challenge or bat an eyelid to the hoops we have to jump through to dine indoors.

I'm really starting to question the point in vaccines if they don't afford us any sight of getting back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

There is no denying vaccines have reduced Covid deaths, hospitalisation and ICU numbers. So how long do you believe people should wait before availing of a vaccine and how many Covid deaths over that period would we have if everybody choose to do that ?

I have sympathy for those that will for a short period due to not being fully vaccinated being unable to avail of a Covid passports. For those that choose not to avail of a vaccine while they sit it out long term to see what if any adverse effects there are from those that have (and who are in effect creating a shield to protect them from infection), very little I`m afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

@hatrickpatrick Mod please use Conspiracy Theories forum to discuss the possibility of Government doing nefarious things.

Post deleted

https://boards.ie/categories/conspiracy-theories

• Registered Users Posts: 5,413 ✭✭✭brickster69

All roads lead to Rome.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

I am fully vaccinated, but I am not in favour in any way for people to be compelled into geting vaccinated. Our young people sacrificied a lot to protect the eldery at the beginning of all this. School children missed out on a lot of school, sports, and mixing with their friends, in case they killed Granny! I'm a granny, and also vunerable healthwise, and I hope a have a few years left in me yet, but I have had my life, some good, some not so much, but I want to see my children and grandchildren being able to enjoy life, isin't that what we all work for, to make life a little better for those that come behind us?

All of my friends are vaccinated, apart from one, who is not ready yet to get it, I have to respect her choice, as she respected mine to get it.I will not be dining indoors when they open, I'll be damned if I have to show a cert and photo ID to go in and have a coffee or a bite of lunch and watch my friend sitting outside! When the weather is bad, we'll just take turns in doing lunches and coffes in our houses.

I am most sad for my grandchildren. We used to take them for Pizza and Ice cream every second week. It looks like Restaurants and Cafes can decide if they want to allow unvaccinated children in now, it would have been the only occasion that I would have complied with the indoor restrictions, as a treat for them. It's up to their parents if they will get them vaccinated or not, but if it was up to me, regarding children getting the vaccine at the moment, I would be in the wait for a while group. Are we now so lacking in compassion that we treat the unvaccinated (for whatever reason, their choice should be respected) as outcasts? There is also a lot of people that can't get vaccinated, are they to be excluded too! I was offered the flu jab every year, but refused it... should I have been forced to take it to go for a coffee ?

I'm done with all this, I intend to enjoy what life I have left, but I don't want any more sacrifices on my behalf. Let them put all the money into the hospitals, that's what this is all about, and there is so many services already suffering because of it. Enough is enough.

I have no doubt in my mind this indoor dining requirment will not be just a temporary thing, once it's in it's here to stay, next will be the same requirments to go shopping, visit the doctor, go and have your hair done, go to the gym, where does it all end!!

The less said the better on our Government taking their summer break in the middle of this "dangerous" Pandemic! I am both sad and angry today! Hospitality could have opened with the same restrictions they had last year, it worked fine then!

Sorry for rambling😊

Post edited by Whocanibe on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

The vaccines are not mandatory. People can freely choose to avail of them or not.

You would probably need to brush up on your understanding of recreational drugs and their risks over the ages. Comparing the standards, marketing practices and accountability of those suppling recreational drugs to companies who have carried out large scale tests, continue to monitor on an on-going basis and have been approved by such agencies as the FDA, EMA, etc do your arguement no favours

• Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I came down with Covid earlier in the week. It was rough. I've never been as ill in my life. I'm in my mid-40s and was intending on getting vaccinated but just never seemed to get round to it. Anyway, I'm now inadvertently eligible to eat and drink indoors...but how do I prove that I've had it? Will the text from the HSE suffice?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

11 days after your positive result you can apply for a cert

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

Probably the best post I have seen in here since a long time, thank you for taking the time to write it and for reminding all of us why and what we are in here for. Respect, choice, freedom, enjoy life, compassion all concepts we seem to have lost in favor of "I'm allright Jack"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭323

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Just make up any old shite for the contact details, that what I do when I don't want to hand over my personal info.

I would agree that it's a bit sh*t to set up a two-tier society, but if you have a look at what's going on in the UK, it's probably the least worst approach to take. Either that, or just don't open any indoor stuff for another month or so. A few weeks ago, it looked like the UK model was going to work. Not so much now.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭francogarbanzo

Couldn’t have said it any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭bloopy

What is happening in the UK? I thought their cases had started to drop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,007 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Who is thanking this absolute bollox, nobody asked me for id last year to go into fucken supermacs, what deluded planet are you living on.

Advertisement