Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭rogber

This is an official Isis publication? Then it seems noone has also told them that Muslims hold up the other hand when on their religious rants, because they're reproducing the "fake" photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭amandstu

Could this be double bluff?

I have no knowledge of this "left hand" thing (and so would qualify) but who would be stupid or iggorant enough to post this picture?

The Russians if they were caught on the hop?

It seems amateurish unless it was designed to be spotted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,320 ✭✭✭jmreire

I don't know if it's genuine or not. With the internet and AI, it is hard to know what's genuine and what's fake but this I do know for sure; Muslims consider the left hand the dirty hand because it's used in the toilet in a land where they don't have toilet paper only a jug of water. And also, for sure they would not be using it to point up to a flag that say's " There's no God but Allah, and Mohammad is his prophet" Which brings me back to my original point, just who are these guys? And who is their boss?

And from an employee of the Crokus theatre complex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,125 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Is balding Molly another way of saying balding paedophile?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭zv2

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

I guess so….just wait now for the grovelling apology !!! LOL (or transfer to Donbas)

I'd say it's gradually sinking in on people about Putin.

In a few years time the whole world that's not the FSB will be wondering how they were taken in by Kremlin propaganda showing Putin trying hard topless on a pony or where he hunted a pike bare shirted in the water for hours.

Looks like russians just don't care anymore for the paedophile dwarf. (Also why Putin killed Litvineko).

I'd say that it has sank into quite a lot of Russians the sort of leader that they now have, and while the population are definitely less "adoring" as they may once have been, he keeps an iron grip on them, and now more than ever, because he dares not show weakness. Like they say in Africa about the Cape Buffalo, hè's a dangerous animal at any time, but when he's wounded, he's at his most dangerous. And that's where Putin is now, at his most dangerous.

• Advertisement

Till all the buffalo killing lions attack en mass and bring the buffalo down..

He's only strong till the fsb decide to get rid. And fsb take note of the people.

Buffalo is too strong an image for putin. An ostrich surrounded by hyenas would be more apt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Before his death, Litvinenko said: "You may succeed in silencing one man but the howl of protest from around the world, Mr. Putin, will reverberate in your ears for the rest of your life."

Seems no one has learned anything about Putin. Still free to wreak mayhem wherever he wants.

Lions will attack and bring down a single buffalo, but not one still with the herd. Presently, Putin is surrounded by his herd, and until that changes, he's safe, and at his most dangerous, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

I used to have time for Elon Musk. Not any more. He clearly has some kind of dependency on Russia, either money or raw materials for his electric cars. It just makes no sense for him to keep talking Russia up when Putin is clearly on his way down. Europe has pledged too much to Ukraine to give up now.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

you touch on an interesting point, below is Scott Adams commenting on a David Sacks Tweet commenting on a Musk tweet (bear with me) , the gist of it is that we have been sold on emotional narratives of who should win over the difficult analysis of who is going to "win" (based on your definition I guess) and that the decisions, policies etc should be framed in reality not on what you want reality to be. Its not being pro Putin /Putinbot (insert insult of choice) to point out the reality as one sees it.

The high point for Ukraine was the end of 2022, questions have to be asked, was it incompetence in forecasting or were the yanks huffing their own supply or the yanks didnt care one way or another and hurting Russia was the main goal, that they didnt push for peace negotiations then as they should have known that Russian economy/military wouldnt collapse as predicted or that Putin wouldnt be taken out. The opposite has happened

It looks like European and some American politicians are suffering from a gambling sunk cost fallacy and arent capable of coming to rational decisions with the present circumstances sort of obvious.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

You’re way off.

America warned Ukraine the counter offensive would fail.

This was leaked in papers by that America soldier online.

Ukraine pushed ahead regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭macraignil

"that they didnt push for peace negotiations then"

Why would anyone push for negotiations with putin when he has proved he does not believe in peace or with sticking to agreements or being in anyway honest or trustworthy?

You have tried to repeat this negotiated peace nonsense before and there is still no sign putin has any interest in peace.

the Yanks talked up the offensive, there might have been different/competing camps but as far as the public view of reality was set, the Russians were going to scarper when the NATO behemoths took to the field, which comes back to the theme of overstating Ukraine abilities and understating Russian ones.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

you wouldnt know if you didnt try, I believe General Milley thought they should have to, as it was when Ukraine had the better momentum. In the context that NATO got involved more than Russia probably thought they would, it would have been quite a sobering situation

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2023/apr/11/us-ukraine-counter-offensive-pentagon-leaks-reveal

US intelligence reportedly warned in February that Ukraine might fail to amass sufficient troops and weaponry for its planned spring counter-offensive, and might fall “well short” of Kyiv’s goals for recapturing territory seized by Russia, according to one of a trove of leaked defence documents.

Stop talking nonsense. The US knew and warned Ukraine it would fail. Your blame game talk is pure nonsense, just like Musk. Do a bit of research instead of Kremlin propaganda.

• Advertisement

Are you sure you arent misremembering the past to back up whatever is your position is today? if it was going to be a failed offensive then Musk was right and Ukraine should have focused on building its own defensive lines and keep its powder dry. The obvious best way to drain the Russians was to have them attacking Ukraine lines. The Americans ultimately had a veto as they were supplying the help. All I remember was "everyone" media etc. being totally up for the offensive and anyone that disagreed was a putin bot and this site was no different. I think I called it out here in late july/early Aug and anyone that quoted my post disagreeing was guaranteed 10 or 20 likes ;-)

Im sure you could start a seperate thread on all the hot takes, but there is an example below

You are just spouting nonsense again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minsk_agreements

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest_Memorandum

putin has proved he does not believe in peace and the death tole in Ukraine is proof he should never be trusted in future. Here are the most up to date figures on just the losses on the moskovyte side and I have seen evidence provided that the number of people in putin's empire recognised as disabled has increased by half a million last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭ToweringPerformance

That's a really good analysis. Thanks for posting.

Have to remember too the Kremlin had leaks in the german military who shared the plans for the offensive to Russia. Gradually these are being stopped and removed. The situation is getting more controlled on intelligence but it's not helpful if there's leaks sympathetic or just plain bought by the Kremlin operating supposedly in the ally forces.

I dont really trust any casulty figures, are you saying Russia loses then or what are the numbers trying to tell me?

possibly they had but it was well telegraphed in the media, remember those silly propaganda adverts with the shush finger? given the landscape there was no possibility of hiding concentrations of armor and men.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I don't think the sunk cost fallacy is exactly right. That involves throwing good after bad in a vain hope of a reversal of fortune. In this case, though, the outcome could be changed, except it's a lack of will in western counties to do the job right. This is not being perceived as an existential threat, I'll guarantee that if the fighting was on the European borders, greater efforts would be made to increase defense production faster. Plants are being expanded, some more slowly than others, but if this was WW2, entire new factories would have been built by now.

https://www.defenseone.com/business/2023/11/race-make-artillery-shells-us-eu-see-different-results/392288/

I don't understand your question. I don't care what numbers you trust but the fact you are ignoring the links to agreements putin has broken just proves you are not interested in reality and just want to spout more pro putin nonsense. If you love putin so much then the numbers he has caused to die will very likely mean very little to you. The numbers from a variety of sources show he has lots of blood on his hands and this is after his empire had negotiated peace with Ukraine.

thats the point though, its not existential for Europe, it would have been "nice" if Russia folded, Putin got kicked out of office and a magical West friendly leader came to power where Russia's energy reserves would get divvied up, it was expected to be a free punt. On the other hand, it is the reason though why Putin wouldnt attack NATO.

At this stage there is a sunk cost especially for the careers of the Western and Ukrainian politicians involved, a lot of reputations on the line.

• Advertisement

"love Putin" what are you on about? why was there no diplomacy form the US once it started? As far as I can see it, the US thought Russia had fallen into a trap at no cost to the US, the Ukraines were doing the fighting as US politicians were telling us.

Anyway the point of my posts were to highlight the bad information circulating as fact and the decisons based off it

Advertisement