Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Day 2021 - Monday 21st & Tuesday 22nd June

Options

Comments

Hogzy wrote: »
    Postage and Packaging?

Amazon.de charge shipping

so.... no actual deals

giphy.webp

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Yes, but its not 69 on the UK site, nor likely to be

???

It’s literally 59gbp at the moment which is €69 inc delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

Trying to get the Fire 10HD plus .... uk vat not removed when irish import fee's added, as others have noted here - but when I goto try to buy from .de, it says it won't ship to my address! Is there any other amazon site I can try for it.... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Wanted Samsung EVO microSD Cards but from the UK but the import tax that is added at the end negates the savings from the Prime deal.

Tried Amazon Germany, but the trial banner for Prime says "Important: Please keep in mind that the Prime benefits are only available to customers in Germany and Austria."

Pretty disappointing, really wanted those microSDs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    ???

Can you post a link to where you can see it for that price please as it's showing at £89 for me ?? (Wireless version)

Edit - sorry, I see now you are referring to the Ring camera not the doorbell - my bad !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,688 ✭✭✭ablelocks

CyberGhost wrote: »
    Wanted Samsung EVO microSD Cards but from the UK but the import tax that is added at the end negates the savings from the Prime deal.

Tried Amazon Germany, but the trial banner for Prime says "Important: Please keep in mind that the Prime benefits are only available to customers in Germany and Austria."

Pretty disappointing, really wanted those microSDs.

having german prime will still mean you get the prime day sale price, but you will have to pay shipping fee

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    ???

And no import fees?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

And without answering my questions the chat screen shut down grrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Looking at galaxy earbuds plus (€53) and the galaxy watch active 2 (€120) on the German site. About €7 for postage. I could live without them but does anyone recommend, seems a pretty good orice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 randomlad1337

jarrieta wrote: »
    That is disappointing, I contacted them and was told that is correct and not going to do anything

Also the promotion is not fully applied

With an Irish address

Items:         £108.32
                 Postage & Packing:          £0.00
                 [URL="https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200549170&pop-up=1"]Import Fees Deposit:[/URL]          £24.91
                 Total:          £133.23             
                 Promotion Applied:         -£28.33   

With UK address

Items:     £129.99
    Postage & Packing:     £0.00
    Total:     £129.99
    Promotion Applied:     -£50.00
    Order Total:     £79.99 

So the promotion is lower too!

Don't give up. Get on the phone and ask to speak to a supervisor and repeat until you get the refund. As a Prime customer we are entitled to the discount and paying correct tax. Don't let them get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

Sorry if I'm a bit thick here but what should I be paying for a Kindle delivered to Ireland? It's £49.99 at the moment. Totals £63.40 when trying to check out. Shows a discount of only £8.33.
    It should be about £51 something shouldn't it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

barneyrub wrote: »
    Sorry if I'm a bit thick here but what should I be paying for a Kindle delivered to Ireland? It's £49.99 at the moment. Totals £63.40 when trying to check out. Shows a discount of only £8.33.

Well the way I am working it out is the following:

Galaxy buds are 59 pounds, with all import fees etc is roughly 78pounds.
    If I get a ps5 pad priced at 59.99 the total price minus vat and with import fees works out 61 pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

jaysis lads this sounds like a right cock up by Amazon.

My sister wanted a Philips Airfryer and it is reduced by 40% but there is not much point in me linking her to it if the VAT is applied to the full sale price and not the discounted one. It must be very frustrating for people who have wated a couple of months to buy items today and then they cant get the proper discounts. What a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭plhealy2000

barneyrub wrote: »

I just spent the bones of an hour on with Customer Service on the Kindle Paperwhite. They told me to order it at its current price which is £103 and they will refund the difference of £20 after I receive it.

They also said this would only apply to this and not happen if I order more items.

I think the VAT being charged on the originally price is technically correct as it is not a general discount but they are reducing the discount amounts by the amount of the UK VAT taken off.

I just spent the bones of an hour on with Customer Service on the Kindle Paperwhite. They told me to order it at its current price which is £103 and they will refund the difference of £20 after I receive it.

They also said this would only apply to this and not happen if I order more items.

I think the VAT being charged on the originally price is technically correct as it is not a general discount but they are reducing the discount amounts by the amount of the UK VAT taken off.

They are completely wrong with how they are doing it. If the price for an item is 59 pounds then vat is included. Vat has to be removed from that price before import fees are added etc but thats not how they are operating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 speelunker22

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Coming to 81 euro for me with the Amazon issues

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭plhealy2000

Kimbot wrote: »
    They are completely wrong with how they are doing it. If the price for an item is 59 pounds then vat is included. Vat has to be removed from that price before import fees are added etc but thats not how they are operating it.

In the case of the Kindle paperwhite, the normal price is 120 inclusive of UK VAT or 100 net. Irish VAT is charged on this bringing it to 123 and then the prime day discount should bring it down to 83 but showing as 103 as the disocunt applied is only 40 instead of 20.

I have noticed other examples where the discount decreased also and it decreased by the exact amount of the UK VAT amount.

Some other examples posted seem to be operating differently though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,280 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It’s not technically correct , VAT is a fixed percentage on the price you pay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Ro-76

Don't give up. Get on the phone and ask to speak to a supervisor and repeat until you get the refund. As a Prime customer we are entitled to the discount and paying correct tax. Don't let them get away with it.

Theres a twitter thread on this also, so worthwhile piling in the pressure there also

In the case of the Kindle paperwhite, the normal price is 120 inclusive of UK VAT or 100 net. Irish VAT is charged on this bringing it to 123 and then the prime day discount should bring it down to 83 but showing as 103 as the disocunt applied is only 40 instead of 20.

I have noticed other examples where the discount decreased also and it decreased by the exact amount of the UK VAT amount.

Some other examples posted seem to be operating differently though.

Well like for like I picked a set of jabra earbuds with a price of 69.99 and the total at checkout there is only 71 pounds after taxes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

What a cluster****! Looks like ill be saving a lot of money today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Trying to buy a kindle and it's just ridiculous. Have a voucher for Amazon UK too so can't do Amazon .de. trying to explain to the poor customer service rep and he's trying his best but is limited in what he can do unfortunately:( ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭hopgirl

Trying to buy a kindle and it's just ridiculous. Have a voucher for Amazon UK too so can't do Amazon .de. trying to explain to the poor customer service rep and he's trying his best but is limited in what he can do unfortunately:( ugh

I am looking for a kindle for my daughter who is 10. Any recommendations on one? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭danois

I'm so confused with the pricing. Can someone tell me if this is right or should I be trying to contact amazon too!

I bought galaxy ear buds.
    RRP:£179.00Deal Price:£79.00You Save:£100.00 (56%)

Items:£132.50
    Postage & Packing:£0.00
    Total before VAT:£132.50
    Total:£132.50
    Promotion Applied:-£63.50
    Import Fees Deposit£30.48
    Order Total:£99.48

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭event

glasso wrote: »
    so.... no actual deals

Their own ecosystem stuff and things from AliExpress

To be fair, thats what 90% of Amazon has become

So their support team are still adamant they are correct with charging what they are charging. I give up, they can get bent now. If I was in the UK and bought the item for 59 pound then a vat receipt would have 59 pound total.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,688 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Ro-76 wrote: »
    Theres a twitter thread on this also, so worthwhile piling in the pressure there also

have you a link for that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

danois wrote: »
    I'm so confused with the pricing. Can someone tell me if this is right or should I be trying to contact amazon too!

I bought galaxy ear buds.
    RRP:£179.00Deal Price:£79.00You Save:£100.00 (56%)

Items:£132.50
    Postage & Packing:£0.00
    Total before VAT:£132.50
    Total:£132.50
    Promotion Applied:-£63.50
    Import Fees Deposit£30.48
    Order Total:£99.48

Thanks

I reckon you paid about 17/18 pounds more than you should have if the deal was correct

Advertisement