Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Day 2021 - Monday 21st & Tuesday 22nd June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Warehouse discount is 30%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales + DualSense Controller (PS5)

88.15 Delivered

Controller alone is 70 here.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0964LLTNP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_i_55TTTKBE3PC7XGDXWF68

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Prime day has officially begun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

6 or so Warehouse items spread across 2 accounts.. not a single one on offer! :(

Ended up buying them anyways with the 2 X £10 vouchers from that Small Business lark.

Back to bed, and hopefully better luck tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Well it's been sh!t so far

• Advertisement

Picked up this laptop for £300, I'm happy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 donegalnet

Is it just me or is everything actually more expensive that offer states?!

Picked up this laptop for £300, I'm happy out!

Came up as €466 for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Came up as €466 for me?

I got it in acceptable condition. Said there was a scratch on the lid and the manual was missing. That's fine with me! If there's anything else, I'll return it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Got a nice used item tho as expected the 30% came off the non VAT price with a full price VAT/duty addon. I wonder when it's processed, will they refund the excess? Also got the tenner credit used without any intervention.,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

TheDriver wrote: »
    Got a nice used item tho as expected the 30% came off the non VAT price with a full price VAT/duty addon. I wonder when it's processed, will they refund the excess? Also got the tenner credit used without any intervention.,

Just wondering what the tenner credit was ?

Also if i give a uk address will i get the firestick cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 23,428 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I buy nothing. Nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Akula

The warehouse selection was very very poor.

And when I try to buy any other item it won't give me the deal price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

Yes i notice it says 70% claimed then you hit it and says currently unavailable

• Registered Users Posts: 29 randomlad1337

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07QKC4WWD/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

G502 Lightspeed

UK price on Prime day supposed to be GBP 60.99

Deliver to Irish Address is GBP 76.97 Pound

Order Summary
    Items: GBP 69.49
    Postage & Packing: GBP 0.00
    Import Fees Deposit: GBP 15.98
    Total: GBP 85.47
    Promotion Applied: -GBP 8.50

Order Total: GBP 76.97

???

I don't understand, I think I have been double taxed on this, can someone please explain on this?

I think they have a bug where the deal price is not being made available to irish customers. Complain to their customer service and ask to speak to a supervisor if necessary. Eventually they will realise.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chrismcc409

That is a huge loss in the discount, the bigger the discount the bigger the lack of discount is for the Irish customer. If you don't have family or friends in the UK it makes prime days poor Offerings even poorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Anyone else being charged import fees on virtually everything? I have tried different items under 10GBP and each time I get through im constantly charged import fees. Despite my cart total not coming over 10GBP. Makes no sense!!!

That is a huge loss in the discount, the bigger the discount the bigger the lack of discount is for the Irish customer. If you don't have family or friends in the UK it makes prime days poor Offerings even poorer.
    Just to. Clarify the higher price for ireland is because in the UK tthe discount applies to the full price. In Ireland it only applies to the amount that is not vat. So you are getting roughly 75 percent of the discount they offer off the full price.

Reminds me of the days I used to send orderse via post to my cousins and aunts. Living in the UK!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Their glitch has made prime day useless for Irish customers.

The prices are coming in much more expensive than the actual non sale price.

Absolute waste of time unless they fix it.

Major f**k up on their part, or maybe it's deliberate, who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭jos22

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07QKC4WWD/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

G502 Lightspeed

UK price on Prime day supposed to be GBP 60.99

Deliver to Irish Address is GBP 76.97 Pound

Order Summary
    Items: GBP 69.49
    Postage & Packing: GBP 0.00
    Import Fees Deposit: GBP 15.98
    Total: GBP 85.47
    Promotion Applied: -GBP 8.50

Order Total: GBP 76.97

???

I don't understand, I think I have been double taxed on this, can someone please explain on this?
    glad you pointed this out seems to be on all items I checked. they add the import deposit to the UK price

I'm having a back and forth with a supervisor who keeps trying to tell me that a> it's my issue and b> if I just give it time it will fix itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Akula wrote: »
    I'm having a back and forth with a supervisor who keeps trying to tell me that a> it's my issue and b> if I just give it time it will fix itself.

Their customer service is useless when it comes to complex situations like this. They're only good for returns, refunds, issues with promos, replacements etc. Anything complicated like this and you might as well be talking to them in Russian as they can't understand the problem or just don't know what to do, so the easiest option for them is to just blame the customer and say the issue is at your end :rolleyes:

It's crazy that a company that is worth over $1 trillion dollars still chooses to get cheap customer service outsourced to India or the likes.
    It's not as if they can't afford local teams in western based countries. It's a big downfall of theirs when it comes to customer service.

shocksy wrote: »
    Their customer service is useless when it comes to complex situations like this. They're only good for returns, refunds, issues with promos, replacements etc. Anything complicated like this and you might as well be talking to them in Russian as they can't understand the problem or just don't know what to do, so the easiest option for them is to just blame the customer and say the issue is at your end :rolleyes:

I had an issue months ago with this, a promo where I was charged import fees on the full non promo price and got nowhere, essentially paid UK VAT And Irish VAT. Their customer service people arent equipped to deal with this sort of thing. :rolleyes::mad:

I 100% guarantee Prime Day will be totally useless to us in Ireland. Absolute disgrace given the UK amazon is the only one where we can get any decent prime benefits. If we got free delivery from Amazon.de id glady shop there but we dont.

I'm also on chat. I want about 5 items though for gifts etc so can't go through this for each one.

If people get anywhere on the chat with having their import fees refunded ye might post on here and let us know.

I can update you on how it feels to. Bang your head against a wall. Maybe ��

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭jos22

this also be discussed on reddit
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/o4iybb/prime_day_flaw/

so keep track on 2 place to see if someone gets a solution, guessing the don't care as lot of people just click 1 click check out and prob not notice they got ripped off

• Advertisement

I haven't actually checked out. All my discussions are pre. Purchase. Like a typical bargain alert. Follower. I don't really need a new. Fire tablet. At all. Am just future proofing for. When the kids decide. To smash up the current one!

Advertisement