Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Day 2021 - Monday 21st & Tuesday 22nd June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Im on to a fella here on chat and he said he has escalated it to the relevant technical teams, they probably wont see it until tomorrow at the earliest. Guarantee nothing will be done.

F*ck Brexit and F*ck Amazon!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 randomlad1337

Just had a 35 mins call with Amazon customer service, the agent on the phone asked me for the screenshot of the order summary, waited for good few minutes as he said he had to check with his supervisor - in the end he told me that he will be escalating the issue with Prime department and hopefully they can resolve this issue as he believe that this affected multiple countries too.

Because its Prime day I suspected most items wont last in stock very long and we wont know how long until the "Prime department" recognised the issue. So he advised me to take screenshot of the order summary before placing the order so that refund for the extra charges can be refunded after Prime day.

Everyone please get on the call with the customer service, get them to understand how serious this issue is as it effectively affecting an entire country.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chrismcc409

Usually you get a better response to constantly badgering then. They must be up the walls tonight in fairness. Jeff too busy in space to bother with the likes of us

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Just had a 35 mins call with Amazon customer service, the agent on the phone asked me for the screenshot of the order summary, waited for good few minutes as he said he had to check with his supervisor - in the end he told me that he will be escalating the issue with Prime department and hopefully they can resolve this issue as he believe that this affected multiple countries too.

Because its Prime day I suspected most items wont last in stock very long and we wont know how long until the "Prime department" recognised the issue. So he advised me to take screenshot of the order summary before placing the order so that refund for the extra charges can be refunded after Prime day.

Everyone please get on the call with the customer service, get them to understand how serious this issue is as it effectively affecting an entire country.

FYI a similar thing happened me a while ago (see this thread). Never received my refund. That was a January sale lightening deal on a shirt that was subsequently dispatched from Germany and never even saw the UK, Paid the deal price, import duty was calculated on the non deal price and I never noticed until it was too late. Never received a refund or a follow up from Amazon.

Hogzy wrote: »
    FYI a similar thing happened me a while ago (see this thread). Never received my refund. That was a January sale lightening deal on a shirt that was subsequently dispatched from Germany and never even saw the UK, Paid the deal price, import duty was calculated on the non deal price and I never noticed until it was too late. Never received a refund or a follow up from Amazon.

Who knows, maybe this Prime day is a lot more large scale and affecting way more customers and hopefully get them to recognise the problem.

• Advertisement

They have refunded me the difference. I'm not sure it was worth stayomg up the extra hour and there were a few more things I wanted but it feel like a victory. Hopefully they will resolve it as they have been on the ball re brexit compared to any other retailer in fairness

They told me they would add an annotation to. Keep this from happening again so I can probably order away and use the screen shot of that afyer the fact to get refunded but seems like an awful lot of effort for. Something that should be easy. If you are paying the prime sub you want easy online shopping!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭newincity

I am looking to buy :
    https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B08HHDJDV1

OnePlus 8T from amazon.fr. Will this be covered in 2 yrs warranty in Ireland? The product page has options of different countries which confused me about country-specific warranty or EU-wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I bought the 7 pro from Amazon Italy and had it repaired under warranty recently (phone was just under 2 years old). They have one warranty repair centre for all of Europe, the phone had to be sent to Poland to be fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Had bought Alexa buds for 50 down from 119 but hit cancel a while ago and bought Galaxy buds plus for 59 down from 159. Double the battery life too I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭wandererz

OP.

Did you mean AU$25K??

Even then, that's some asking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭interlocked

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08KQHC2QQ?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Digital version. Lowest price ever according to the camels

I've two, one manual, one digital, simply the best thing you'll ever get into your kitchen, bulletproof. I'm going to get this to replace the manual, it's served its time

Note though, this is too small for a family. perfect for a single person or a couple.

(It's going North though now, along with the booze offers, sorry, hadn't realised the ****up delivering to here, £26.74 in the difference, Amazon can bite my bollix.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Sono

Possibly been asked already but Amazon have just allowed me to order a firestick and echo dot to Parcel Motel Northern Ireland, will this be cancelled on me?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Sono wrote: »
    Possibly been asked already but Amazon have just allowed me to order a firestick and echo dot to Parcel Motel Northern Ireland, will this be cancelled on me?

I don't think parcel motel are operating that any more, so that may more of an issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

PM no longer accept deliveries in Northern Ireland. So you may want to cancel that yourself.

Thanks folks. It’s been a while! I remember getting that email from them too but forgot, there was me thinking I was onto a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Addresspal still going though

matchthis wrote: »

Is there not extra charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Is there not extra charges?

https://addresspal.anpost.ie/pricing-sizing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

matchthis wrote: »

You essentially pay double vat, once to her royal highness and once to revenue here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Will they sort out the import fees do you reckon or will you just have to contact customer service?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08KQHC2QQ?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Digital version. Lowest price ever according to the camels

I've two, one manual, one digital, simply the best thing you'll ever get into your kitchen, bulletproof. I'm going to get this to replace the manual, it's served its time

Note though, this is too small for a family. perfect for a single person or a couple.

(It's going North though now, along with the booze offers, sorry, hadn't realised the ****up delivering to here, £26.74 in the difference, Amazon can bite my bollix.)

Doesn't do anything an oven doesn't already do?

Bulky enough yokes to store too and way too small to cook anything decent in it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Th3B1tcH

I've just reported double VAT on chat who then got agent to call me,I explained what was happening and think I got a decent agent who actually understood and is now escalating to the team straight away (well hopefully not a fobbing off lol) but has promised to get back to me with update also understood its just with Prime Day normally it works right.
    Might help if more complain I did mention it affecting Irish orders for everyone and all over social media :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Th3B1tcH wrote: »
    I've just reported double VAT on chat who then got agent to call me,I explained what was happening and think I got a decent agent who actually understood and is now escalating to the team straight away (well hopefully not a fobbing off lol) but has promised to get back to me with update also understood its just with Prime Day normally it works right.
    Might help if more complain I did mention it affecting Irish orders for everyone and all over social media :cool:

It's not "double vat", it's just that vat/duty is being calculated from the list price of the item and not the lighting deal promotion price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭SteM

Doesn't do anything an oven doesn't already do?

Bulky enough yokes to store too and way too small to cook anything decent in it.

Our Philips one cooks a full 1.6kg chicken and doesn't get stored because it gets used so often. There are Boards threads on them already if you're looking for advice on them.

It's not "double vat", it's just that vat/duty is being calculated from the list price of the item and not the lighting deal promotion price.

Correct and wrong. The list price of the item that the vat/duty is being calculated has already included UK VAT. Amazon needs to remove UK VAT from the included list price, recalculate Irish VAT/Import from the list price to get the correct price.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

This.
    Instead of applying the discount to list price without VAT. Amazon adds VAT/Import charges and only then adds discount. Which makes it no deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Stupify

Amazon asking me to pay an import fees deposit on kids shoes, surely this will be refunded to me after it gets through customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Stupify wrote: »
    Amazon asking me to pay an import fees deposit on kids shoes, surely this will be refunded to me after it gets through customs?

Thats just the name fro irish VAT - so no refunds - its just applying the right tax rates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Anyone else try buying a Fire Stick - sending it to a mates gaff in the UK and it bumps to full price at checkout for me??

Wonder is it looking at where my account is registered

Advertisement