Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Husband is no help with baby

13»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

You need childcare that's obvious. Especially with a second kid on the way.

Are you happy otherwise? It just seems you don't spend much time together?

In the old days, men like the OP's husband would regularly get the girl sent to help out "in trouble", at least they did in my part of Ireland. I'd caution against any live-in help in a relationship where communication is so ineffective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭qwerty13

Ah Harvey, while I agree that the OP’s husband has incredibly old fashioned views, and that he is treating their family unit as second best, it’s a bit of a leap to suggest that he’d just hop on a young female employed to help out. I don’t think that’s a fair comment, or helpful to the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭ElizaBennett

I do agree with HarveyHunt that having a stranger in the home where the relationship is alreaday severely challenged would not be a good move. Most people would struggle with a third adult living with them, unless the house was a mansion with a completely separate space for the live-in worker. Anyway, I'm fairly sure that the concept of au pair no longer exists now that child care workers have to be paid the minimum wage at least and they're no longer an option as skivvies to be used and abused by unscrupulous people who don't want to pay a fair salary to someone minding their children.

But I do think there is a strong case here for throwing some money at the problem. If you have your own job and wages, OP, presumably going into your own account, why not pay for a cleaner and some creche or minder hours to help keep you sane. It woudl be a start at least and a bit of a wake-up call for himself.

• Administrators Posts: 14,384 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

It's 2 months since the thread was started. The OP hasn't been back fr quite a while. To save the thread turning into a discussion that the OP is no longer part of I'll lock the thread.

OP, if at any time you would like to reopen it for further advice please contact me or any of the PI Moderators.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement