Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 month old baby killed by dog

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭fits

Strumms wrote: »
    Look. The dog should never have had access to the sleeping child. That’s the failure...

You are aware that you have a dog and a child on the premises. All you have to do is close the door of the bedroom where the child is. If you want as you should to monitor your baby, you can have... a baby monitor... simple.

But close the fûcking door of the bedroom...it’s not difficult...

I’m not commenting on this particular situation but usually a baby sleeps in same room as their parents. It’s recommended up to 6 months.

None of us have any idea what happened here so I’m finding all the judgemental attacks on the parents a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

When a dog bites a human it’s not a breed issue. It’s not even a dog issue. 100% it’s an owner issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭Deeec

From what I’ve read this morning, the dog wasn’t even theirs and it was downstairs, came up at 2am to the kids room and attacked. Jesus Christ that is horrific. RIP.

Where did you read this - from what I read the dog belonged to the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

Antares35 wrote: »
    There are many elements of parenting that are tiring, we still have to do it.

Yes im aware of that as a parent. However adding in the constant fear/threat/situation of having a dog and an infant in close proximity that makes the job of parenting even more stressful, doesn't make sense. If the dog was already in the family prior to the addition of the child then it's even more difficult for the parent but a child's safety is paramount

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

wes wrote: »
    Apparently Pitbull type dogs are wayyyyy more likely to attack than any other breed:

https://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-fatalities-2020.php

2020-dog-bite-fatality-chart@2x.jpg

Yes, any dog can be viscous, but its clear based on statistics that some breeds are far more dangerous than others.

I imagine that's skewed a bit due to Pitbull type dogs being used a lot as fighting dogs/owned by scrotes to look hard and don't bother training them.
    Was a similar thing years back with Rottweilers/Dobermans, they were seen as the hard man dog to own.
    Strumms wrote: »
    But close the fûcking door of the bedroom...it’s not difficult...
    Just to comment on this, dogs can open doors. The two Springers we used to have did it constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Dog was a terrier cross.

Crossed with what though?

Like, 3-month old babies sleep in cots with enclosed sides. This dog had to be big enough to get into the cot so it wasn't a little Yorkie.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,705 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Like, 3-month old babies sleep in cots with enclosed sides. This dog had to be big enough to get into the cot so it wasn't a little Yorkie.

Nobody knows what way/how the baby was sleeping..

Why the dog was free to roam and get to her...

An absolute horrific incident..

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Somepeople

That's an amazing skill you have there. Read an article and know exactly what the furniture in the room looks like. I'm impressed.

So there definitely was a chair or anything the dog could have jumped on first to get into the cot?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,592 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thus thread seems to be dominated/perpetuated by speculation

It will not be re-opened

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement