Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ireland dropped it to accommodate the taking in of refugees from Ukraine. With omicron being the dominant strain resulting in milder illness, coupled with the high vaccine uptake in Ireland, it was the right thing to do. Other EU countries should follow suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Except what you're stating is untrue. Boosters are being pushed on all ages of the population from 12 years and up - not vulnerable groups.

Studies produced in the Autumn stated waning 'antibodies' which actually naturally wane over time. Do you think people need to keep getting boosted as some people who received a third shot will have waning antibodies right now? This does not mean you don't have protection. T cell immunity is long lasting and has held up well in all vaccines. Natural immunity is also very effective as per Prof Luke O'Neill on radio Monday.

The fact is we were told it was a two shot vaccine, that is what was trialled and went through the approval process with the EMA and FDA - there were no double blind trials done for a booster dose across all ages of the population.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Nonsense. You are twisted the narrative blending facts with fiction to suit your view. I’m not debating this with you and it’s not relevant for this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

flying to the states in a few weeks, my flight is at 12:10pm, so if I get an antigen test at 12:30 will that be ok?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anytime the day before is OK for the US. It doesn't have to be within 24 hours of departure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Captain Barnacles

Well it is relevant as it's quite possible 3rd shot will have an expiry date too, they are already flying the flag of a 4th shot for everyone.

And everything the other poster said was true, so it's not surprising you don't want to "debate"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Whats the story with getting tests?

One of my kids tested positive with home kit. When I went to book a test it says not to unless they are over 55.

How else do you get official docs confirming they had it and recovered (for travel)?

Any update on France rules?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

You can still fill in their details and get one, just say you want them to have a recovery cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭bikeman1

I was in France again last week. Absolutely no checks and everything back to normal. No facemasks (and not like here, they have completely ditched them). The only thing that was different for the trip was wearing a mask on the plane. No mask required in the airport at either end, just on the plane. It was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Can you bring an antigen test with you on your flight, to test yourself before returning, we are going to Switzerland tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Just to to ensure your aware …. Flying to the states requires a full PCR negative result 1 calendar day before departure day. Antigen won’t cut it with US entry requirements.

Im heading to the states tomorrow morning. Got the PCR test today at the airport for €89. It gave me a result 2 hours after swab. Very professional/friendly service . Randox T2

my parents got an antigen test done when flying to the states and when I asked the pharmacist today, they said an antigen test will do. On the united website it says a PCR or antigen test will be accepted

Sorry but the pharmacist is wrong .Incidentally I spoke to 3 American citizens in the queue for PCR returning to the US tomorrow. They were angry that they NEEDED a pcr test to fly home. Everyone entering the US needs a negative PCR test. This has always been the case since July 2021 when the USA reopened their borders.

If travelling internally (non internationally) within the US borders then an antigen test will suffice.

Well, it work fine a few weeks ago for my parents and again the united website is saying antigen test is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭rameire

Link above gives details of requirements to enter usa.

Professional Antigen is acceptable.

Also acceptable is a self administered antigen with an online call doctor.

Source detail is the CDC linked within the website and matches.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Ok. I’ll concede my point. It appears that antigen tests are indeed accepted for US entry. We were all ill-advised last month when booking our flight. Appears we could have got away with antigen tests at the airport for €40 quid.

Apologises for asserting wrong info

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Thinking of going to Prague in May (things may have changed by then, but anyway), and want to fly from Cork to avoid many hours on the road to/from Dublin. That means a connecting flight.

Anyone got any tips on this? Through Czech entry requirements, to what countries they won't accept you have been in within Europe? I'm thinking of avoiding the UK, as non EU, possibly through Amsterdam or Zurich.

If transitting proves to be painful I'll go direct from Dublin but that is just generally hassle unless its absolutely required.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

'Also acceptable is a self administered antigen with an online call doctor'

Has anybody used one of these they could recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭bikeman1

What exactly are you concerned about? You can travel freely across Europe at the moment. Just watch out if there are any pesky Passenger Locator Forms (PLFs) required for where you are going / transiting. Eg. Spain requires a PLF if transiting.

From Cork you could fly KLM via Amsterdam. No forms or anything needed for that. All very normal and easy. Get going and you won't look back!

Thats what I mean - I've done UK loads of times now and thats all normal - its what countries do/don't have PLFs and all that nonsense now and Spain requires (or used to require?) their own healthcare app and all that.

That said, I think I'd still avoid the UK transitting incase there is stupidity about being outside the EU in the past x number of days.

Amsterdam might be a good bet - Zurich was my other option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭kittensmittens

For people who are unvaccinated......what's the travel situation now?

Is it only the USA that requires vacc certs still or are there many other countries still requiring a cert to enter? Are there many countries who have dropped the requirement for being fully vaccinated for entry? I was chatting with my sister about holidays this summer and she isn't vaccinated at all and I'm not sure about the worldwide situation now re travel! Would love to be able for us all to take a break together this summer

Quick update: Cork - Amsterdam - Prague and back again. Will fit in a visit to the Sedlec Ossuary as well, should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Yes you need to be jabbed for US travel, tests in Europe if not jabbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭VG31

There are European countries you can travel to without restrictions if unvaccinated, including the Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Hungary, Switzerland and the UK. Lufthansa have a handy tool for checking covid travel restrictions. There is a button for switching between vaccinated and unvaccinated rules.

https://www.lufthansa.com/ie/en/longed-for-destinations-at-a-glance

So no need for a vaccination cert just an antigen for most of Europe? Thats great news if I have that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Yes, as VG said above some European countries require nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭samo

On the EU DCC certificate, a person I am travelling with has an EU DCC cert for recovery (Feb 2022) and travelling to Croatia soon but not vaccinated. I’ve said I still think they need either antigen test or PCR but must admit confused reading the advisory as the link says once they have an EU DCC cert for recovery, vaccination or test. (E.g one of the 3)

anyone any ideas?

Is the recovery cert even still required for travel? What use is it now that you dont need to be vaccinated for travel?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,317 ✭✭✭jmreire

Travel time coming up again Anyone recently travel to Belgrade? if so, how did it go? Last year it was a bit of touch and go due to the valid PCR validity time...48 hrs. Outward flight, perfect. Arrive Zurich 14:30, Departure time BEL 17:35. Short walk from arrival to departure lounge. Perfect. But the return trip.... Arrive Munich 14:40, departure time 15:35. , PLane landed on time, but instead of stopping at the arrival building, drove on about a mile beyond it , so had to wait for a bus to ferry the passengers back to the terminal, then dropped us off about 40 gates away from the Dublin bound one. The notification board was flashing " Flight xxxy to Dublin now boarding , last call" so mad heart attack inducing gallop to make it in time. Only reason I made it was because there was an additional Covid check, so it was running behind schedule. Will be the last time I use the BEL-MUC-DUB routing though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,317 ✭✭✭jmreire

Advertisement