Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Derkaiser93

I'm heading to New york in a couple of weeks. I've seen that instead of needing a test , if you have had covid in the last 90 days (which I did) you don't have to get tested once you have proof of your positive test and also proof of recovery from a healthcare provider. Has anyone done this recently and do they know do I need to get this off my gp or would the HSE recovery cert work for that?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭DSN

Does anyone think they'll drop the antigen test requirement to get into the US soon? Going in a few weeks with the family feel like I can't look forward to it knowing if any of us goes positive the day before the holiday is off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭VG31

Switzerland is dropping almost all restrictions from tomorrow so you won't need a cert.

https://www.thelocal.ch/20220216/breaking-switzerland-to-scrap-covid-certificate-most-mask-rules/

There isn't any talk of it right now. I'd say there's no chance of it happening within a few weeks.

Make sure you have travel insurance that covers a positive test before departure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,846 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Austria also announced today that they are relaxing rules with nearly all gone by start of March.

Germany is likely to follow and theres a meeting today between national and the 16 regional governments to agree a schedule of withdrawl of measures but it seems "Freedom day" wont be till March 20th.

The timing of the announcement by the Austrians might spur them on to agree on a more ambitious schedule as theres a strange synergy between what happens in Germany and Austria - they both watch what each other is doing and sometimes theres inspiration taken from the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

From the Norway tourism page ...

No testing, no quarantining, no registration! As of February 12, 2022, all COVID-19 entry requirements have been lifted for all travellers to Norway.

So nice to see!

Switzerland are also dropping entry restrictions.

Health-related measures for persons entering the country are to be lifted on 17 February 2022. It will no longer be necessary to provide proof of vaccination, recovery or a negative test or complete an entry form.

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html

• Registered Users Posts: 35 onefish

Do you still need to fill in a PLF, to arrive in Ireland from UK?

Do you also still need to have vaccination proof?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭acequion

Apologies if this has been asked recently, haven't been following the thread much since we more or less got our lives back. Am flying with Aer lingus Dublin to Brussels this week. It's just a brief two day trip. Aer Lingus have been pestering me to download this app, Verifly. But I have print outs of my PLF form plus most recent Covid cert. I was hoping to just check in online as you do with Ryanair and print out my boarding pass. I always prefer physical print outs. Does anyone know if that will be enough or if I really should download this app? It's a very early morning flight and it's my first time flying Aer Lingus post Covid. The last thing I want is hassles at the airport so thanks anyone who may have recent experience of this and can advise.

• Advertisement

You can't check-in online without Verifly so if you want to avoid going to a desk in the airport Verifly is the only way around it.

Thanks VG31. But here's the thing. I was able to check in online without Verifly so I did and printed my boarding pass. So now I have a print version of everything. But then I downloaded Verifly and all it asked me to upload was the Covid cert and then I got the green tick. Is that ok so? I had hoped to also upload my PLF [it's Belgium] plus the boarding pass but could see no way to do that. Is there a way to upload the boarding pass or am I good to go? Thanks again.

If you have the boarding pass you should be fine. I thought you usually needed to do Verifly first but it must not be the case on that route.

Just have your documents with you in case they are checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭fm

Recovery certs can now be given after a positive antigen test,but tests cannot be self administered.

Thanks again VG31. I'll ring Aer Lingus CC tomorrow to be certain. I just don't want hassle that early in the morning and it's only a flying visit so worth being certain in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭bikeman1

I flew with EI at the weekend and didn’t use VeriFLY. It’s not a requirement, just a way to speed up the process.

Once you have all the relevant documents (boarding pass, vaccine / recovery cert / test and PLF) then you are good to go. I saw plenty of people with paper versions all nice and organised in a folder, so you will be fine.

The other thing to watch with EI nowadays is that your carry on case is no more, just a small bag. You now have to check in your 10kg wheelie case before security.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

Flying out on Sunday Aug 14th! Can't wait.

I was planning to get some fast track tickets, but wondering is it worth it? We're flying out at 10am.

Also, when I checked Fast Track, why is the earlier option nearly twice the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭Allinall

It's supply and demand for Fastrack.

There's only a certain amount they can take at any given time, otherwise it defeats the purpose.

Early morning flights are obviously more popular.

For a 10 am flight I would just get out to the airport early - say 7.30 and chill out with breakfast of a coffee once through security.

Thanks a million bikeman1. That's the very reassurance I needed. 👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Hi,

I know it has probably been asked already, whats required to enter the UK?

I checked the UK websites but can't seem to find anything. My status is double jabbed and recovered from Covid. Have both certs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Absolutely nothing going from Ireland to UK apart from a mask at the airport and on the plane. Same as pre-Covid.

Coming back, EU Covid Cert and Ireland passenger locator form though in my experience, they just ask "have you your cert & form" but never actually look at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

With masks no longer law in Ireland or England. I wonder when airlines will remove requirements? Probably confusing as not all counties are the same and they unlikely to want different rules for certain flights

The CAA in the UK still mandate mask on flights.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Masks on flights is an EU directive so it needs to be agreed by the EU first.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 onefish

It's odd that with the way that loads of rules, guidelines etc have changed over the last few weeks and months, but that one hasn't changed at all

When you can’t scare people from travelling abroad with covid anymore, you use other methods instead. This is unbelievable crap 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Quags

😂 Thats a mad thing to be whacking up. Surely most people know what to look out for when abroad and those who don't definitely don't read the Mirror

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Can anyone advise on this one. Australian (have covid vax), can they travel from Ireland to Spain same as us, just with cert and plf? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Obi_Wan_Kenobi

Whats the story with the EU and the boosters ? is the 3rd one enough? or do they want us to get one every 9 months to travel ?

Post edited by Obi_Wan_Kenobi on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

It's the Mirror so not really news in fairness.

Advertisement