Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID passport

Options

Comments

I do not agree.
    We are asked to put faith in vaccine yet the very people who ask do not trust the PCR result. So we get tested 5 days later.
    Tell me what makes sense here....

It’s still early days. Taking a PCR test before travel is sensible and considerate. A follow up test 5 days later is just confirming your right to mix freely. If you’ve got a problem with that, tough. Don’t travel and risk spreading disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bonjurkes

The problem is not 5 days later follow up case, you need to lock yourself inside your house for 5 days after your arrival, have the test, only then you are free to go out. It kind of defeats the purpose of being fully vaccinated to be able to travel freely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

It’s still early days. Taking a PCR test before travel is sensible and considerate. A follow up test 5 days later is just confirming your right to mix freely. If you’ve got a problem with that, tough. Don’t travel and risk spreading disease.

Its all down to trust.

Each person is responsible not to carry the virus, the Government do not trust us it is plain to see.

So we're accepting that the vaccine is not effective if we fallow your advise...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

The Covid IT system was not hacked, it's Salesforce and thus cloud based. The IT system that would interface it to the EU's digital green cert or whatever it's called was affected by the hack.

I doubt that you know what you're talking about. The vaccination system is Salesforce based. It doesn't require linking to what you refer to as the EU digital cert. There's no massive Central EU database. Instead the system relies on the QR code being digitally signed by the appropriate country authority and being able to verify that.

Basically it's the same as going on your browser to any HTTPS website and then inspecting the certificate in the browser bar to see if that site is genuine by the certificate it uses.

Incorporating private test results is a different kettle of fish though.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭mickuhaha

The vaccine is aimed at protecting the individual who takes it. It doesn't stop them from catching or carrying the virus and passing it onto others. The vaccine passport is a con job for this reason. I remember six months ago when young people started to ignore restrictions and going out to meet up and socialize. People gave out stink, putting themselves first and risking spreading covid just because they were low risk. Now the people who have vaccines who were the high risk are saying they want to go out and socialize, and let the young stay at home. What a joke. Where is the " we're all in this together" attitude now! We all need to hide at home together until everyone is offered a vaccine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

mickuhaha wrote: »
    The vaccine is aimed at protecting the individual who takes it. It doesn't stop them from catching or carrying the virus and passing it onto others. The vaccine passport is a con job for this reason. I remember six months ago when young people started to ignore restrictions and going out to meet up and socialize. People gave out stink, putting themselves first and risking spreading covid just because they were low risk. Now the people who have vaccines who were the high risk are saying they want to go out and socialize, and let the young stay at home. What a joke. Where is the " we're all in this together" attitude now! We all need to hide at home together until everyone is offered a vaccine.

Unless this has changed in the last week, I've read nothing definitive that this is the case. The latest that I'd read, at worst it significantly reduces the changes of spreading it. Still inconclusive.

givyjoe wrote: »
    Unless this has changed in the last week, I've read nothing definitive that this is the case. The latest that I'd read, at worst it significantly reduces the changes of spreading it. Still inconclusive.
    Well it's not too hard to figure out. There was an article about nurses who caught covid and tested positive after previously having had it and received a vaccine. They had to isolate like everyone else who had covid.

Well it's not too hard to figure out. There was an article about nurses who caught covid and tested positive after previously having had it and received a vaccine. They had to isolate like everyone else who had covid.

I think that's just a precaution, rather than concrete science behind it, particularly if their medical professionals. Not the kind of experiment/chance you want to be taking in a medical environment, if they do indeed establish a sizable number of vaccinated actually pass it on.

I think that's just a precaution, rather than concrete science behind it, particularly if their medical professionals. Not the kind of experiment/chance you want to be taking in a medical environment, if they do indeed establish a sizable number of vaccinated actually pass it on.

I decided to look up your position with the WHO. The below is taken from their website.

"But while vaccinated people are less likely to be hospitalized because of the disease, this doesn’t mean they should drop their guard: they can still get ill from the virus and can still spread it to others."

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭PureBred

Anyone know if the the cardboard vaccine proof is acceptable for Spain. I know you can't enter the details on the SpTH Spain Travel Health site until after 48 hours before your flight time to get the QR code

• Advertisement

I decided to look up your position with the WHO. The below is taken from their website.

"But while vaccinated people are less likely to be hospitalized because of the disease, this doesn’t mean they should drop their guard: they can still get ill from the virus and can still spread it to others."

Found the link via copying and pasting the above, but there's nothing quoted to back that up, i.e. no studies. It's a pretty big assumption either way without evidence, hence the caution so far.

Found the link via copying and pasting the above, but there's nothing quoted to back that up, i.e. no studies. It's a pretty big assumption either way without evidence, hence the caution so far.

You have to be kidding.

You have to be kidding.

Are you?!?! Not like the WHO to be wrong on anything is it? Seriously, any actual studies one way or the other?? We know vaccinated folks can get sick, even hospitalised and die.. there's actual evidence of it, significant, I've yet to see any asserting that vaccinated people are passing on significant numbers..have you?

Hello. Actually Covid Certificat being issued here (Switzerland) for last 3 weeks so information not accurate. Went to nightclub with one last 2 weekends.

Unfortunately Maryanne84 is giving everyone wrong informations. If you are vaccinated you do not need PCR test also. Quality of information on this talking point leaves to be desired.

Maybe don’t type and risk spreading totally wrong informations also ? Maybe you would like to try ? Unfortunately no vaccines for this disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ito

Hi there,

Do you know how long it takes to get the passport after you get the second dosis of the vaccine?

I really want to go home and visit the family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

A friend got their second dose Monday and got their certificate yesterday (Saturday). I'd imagine that time will come down as the weeks go by as the backlog has been dealt with. I got my second dose Friday so I'm anxiously watching my email.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

Same here, 2nd dose Pzizer on Monday and cert emailed Saturday.

Have read on Twitter that some people have got it a couple of days after their 2nd vaccine but also some people saying it’s dependant on the ‘fully vaccinated time’ after your 2nd dose, so 7 days for Pzizer, 14 for AZ and I ‘think’ 15 days for J&J

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ito

Thank you so much for the information, I will see if they clarify over the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

I know you'll have the cert after 7 days for Pfizer as that's when the HSE deems you fully vaccinated, but everything in relation to travel outside Ireland indicates 2 weeks post 2nd jab (or 2 weeks after Jansen singel jab), so would you still need a rapid flow or PCR if travelling less than 14 days after the Pfizer 2nd dose even if you have the DCC?

I know people who got their 2nd Pfizer last week who got their certs at the weekend. Also someone who got 2nd Moderna last Monday got theirs Saturday (Moderna is 2 weeks to fully vaccinated, Pfizer is 7 days) so what you're saying isn't what's happening

Right , I thought certs were coming earlier for Pfizer as that's the shortest to be "fully" vaccinated at 7 days post jab, so you can have the cert but it still won't be any good to you for travel purposes until 14 days post your 2nd jab?

I think they are making it up as they go as i expect they did not think they be ready and the delay was a safety net. Once we have the QR code it will be ok i am pretty sure.

I was told 2 different stories about the DCC cert, that it was valid for 6 Months and that it valid for 1 year.

Anyone here know....

Re open EU website, when travelling to spain your DCC/ vax card is only valid 14 days after 2nd dose

• Advertisement

I clicked on a selection of other countries which say 7 days. Spain has their rules, they're not EU wide, it varies. France is 7 days after Pfizer, Cyprus and Croatia are day of second dose. There is no blanket rule and it's up to travelers to do their own research

Advertisement