Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID passport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Do you know where this 'mystery online portal' is so I can register?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

My gut feeling is we will not be ready as HSE have all the data and they cannot pass this on to whoever setting up the app.
    I did get a hint a couple of weeks ago that travel may be based on the percentage of people who have had jab...
    July 1st and July 19th are both mentioned and i do not understand what the two dates mean.
    I do expect we will be able to travel but it could change in a week depending on what happens everywhere...

I have been advised here that if i google July 19th all be revealed...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

It will be launched closer to 19 July

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

It doesn’t exist in Ireland yet. The EU released a map today showing the counties which (1) have satisfied the technical requirements and are issuing digital covid certs (2) the countries which have satisfied the technical requirements but are not yet issuing and (3) the countries which satisfy neither.

Can you where Ireland which stated it “wants to be in the first wave” is, yes you guessed correctly category (3) along with Norway, Finland, Slovakia, Slovenia and Hungary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Marcusm wrote: »
    It doesn’t exist in Ireland yet. The EU released a map today showing the counties which (1) have satisfied the technical requirements and are issuing digital covid certs (2) the countries which have satisfied the technical requirements but are not yet issuing and (3) the countries which satisfy neither.

Can you where Ireland which stated it “wants to be in the first wave” is, yes you guessed correctly category (3) along with Norway, Finland, Slovakia, Slovenia and Hungary.

According to the map ireland is in the testing phase along with Norway, Finland, Slovakia, Slovenia and Hungary. But according to the table Ireland is "Technically ready to connect to the EUDCC gateway" along with most other countries apart from the seven who appear to be ready to rock.

No doubt our genius minister will clarify tomorrow where we sit exactly.

I wonder is it a realistic option to enter this travel arrangement without having confirmed vaccine data.
    All of our vaccine data is locked in HSE system and that could be weeks to sort out.
    We were certainly bounced into this on by the EU as our Government did not expect things to happen this quick.
    There is no travel app in this country that i am aware as the passenger form is just an email confirmation unless it changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I wonder is it a realistic option to enter this travel arrangement without having confirmed vaccine data.
    All of our vaccine data is locked in HSE system and that could be weeks to sort out.
    We were certainly bounced into this on by the EU as our Government did not expect things to happen this quick.
    There is no travel app in this country that i am aware as the passenger form is just an email confirmation unless it changed.

So what's your alternative? Everyone in the EU marks time until we get our sh1t together.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    So what's your alternative? Everyone in the EU marks time until we get our sh1t together.

The best option is we all stay at home as advised.
    I'm surprised O'Leary not on about it as it must be effecting sales in Ireland.
    Then Ryanair said a few weeks ago about shifting planes from here to elsewhere in Europe...

Marcusm wrote: »

Do you mind posting the link to the map you mention...

• Advertisement

All of our vaccine data is locked in HSE system

It's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,847 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

It's not.
    Due to the current disruption of HSE IT system, the updates to the GeoHive COVID-19 Hub are paused until further notice.

Due to the current disruption of HSE IT system, the updates to the GeoHive COVID-19 Hub are paused until further notice.

That's not the Vaccine data, that's only the number crunched version from BI. The raw data is in vaccine.hse.ie portal which is still up and running.

All of our vaccine data is locked in HSE system.............

Where did you read this, do you mind posting a link?
    When was that announced?
    Where was this announced?
    Who announced it?
    I'm confused

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

https://twitter.com/EU_Commission/status/1399670116640493571?s=20

Actually up and running a month early. So we can adopt it a month early

Augeo wrote: »
    Where did you read this, do you mind posting a link?
    When was that announced?
    Where was this announced?
    Who announced it?
    I'm confused

I be thinking CONFUSED your normal state...

200.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,084 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

The HSE were at pains to point out last week that the vaccination data system was not affected. Anyone who has been to a vaccination centre recently will tell you that their data systems are operational.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Vaccinated30

I really haven't laughed so much in ages
    Vaccine data is not Locked in the HSE attack.
    As for OP telling us to Stay Home, I did for 15 months. My next home will be Mountjoy if I have to stay here any longer.

• Advertisement

200.gif

I forgot to say earlier i re-named you the other day July 19....
    And you have a fan club... clique...

I really haven't laughed so much in ages
    Vaccine data is not Locked in the HSE attack.
    As for OP telling us to Stay Home, I did for 15 months. My next home will be Mountjoy if I have to stay here any longer.

I think its a bit of a laugh myself.
    I was not saying stay at home, just passing message on.

I forgot to say earlier i re-named you the other day July 19....
    And you have a fan club... clique...

I renamed you "hasn't heard the news"

I renamed you "hasn't heard the news"

Trouble is there is no news on this except July 19 as you keep saying...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Trouble is there is no news on this except July 19 as you keep saying...

On the second of June that is reasonable

Caranica wrote: »
    On the second of June that is reasonable

Considering most people buy flights well in advance i think it is reasonable to have confirmation of roll-out in advance which is the reason i asked .
    It will not effect me personally as i have a safety net.

From the links i seen here it seems we know more about what is going on around Europe than at home.
    I really am not too bothered either way but i like to know what happening in advance.
    It may be possible we are just being cautious which is fine but i think we should be told of options going forward....

Considering most people buy flights well in advance i think it is reasonable to have confirmation of roll-out in advance which is the reason i asked .
    It will not effect me personally as i have a safety net.

From the links i seen here it seems we know more about what is going on around Europe than at home.
    I really am not too bothered either way but i like to know what happening in advance.
    It may be possible we are just being cautious which is fine but i think we should be told of options going forward....

When we are told of the options, only one thing is certain - you will be the last to know.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

We're getting married in September (our 3rd date after postponing twice...) and had resigned myself to a honeymoon in Ireland. But with all the news about the Covid travel certs, I'm starting to consider a honeymoon within Europe.

It still feels risky though because:
    - The status of a country could change while you're there, so there's a risk of ending up in a quartenine hotel on the way back
    - There seems to be a high risk of fights being cancelled these days

As much as I'd LOVE to go abroad for our honeymoon after the wedding, I'm worried that all the uncertainty of foreign travel will be a lot of stress. And planning a wedding during a pandemic is stressful enough!! Not sure what to do though, as I love to travel and never would've imagined a honeymoon in Ireland ffs...

woodchuck wrote: »
    We're getting married in September (our 3rd date after postponing twice...) and had resigned myself to a honeymoon in Ireland. But with all the news about the Covid travel certs, I'm starting to consider a honeymoon within Europe.

- The status of a country could change while you're there, so there's a risk of ending up in a quartenine hotel on the way back

As much as I'd LOVE to go abroad for our honeymoon after the wedding, I'm worried that all the uncertainty of foreign travel will be a lot of stress. And planning a wedding during a pandemic is stressful enough!! Not sure what to do though, as I love to travel and never would've imagined a honeymoon in Ireland ffs...

Congratulations and best wishes for a long, happy and healthy life together.

Personally, I’d delay the honeymoon until the world Covid situation is more settled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭xtradel

woodchuck wrote: »

Book it to feck! All going well ye will have the memory of the most wonderful trip away as Mr. & Mrs. All goes wrong ye will have the memory of being stuck in a quarentine hotel as Mr. & Mrs. riding the faces off each other!

Advertisement