Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID passport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

Any word on the roll-out of this?

Hi, just wanted to say that my son who decided he was going off to Malaga (age20), with the lads is due to come back.
    His buddies , it seems, who have since returned, were doing some scam with software, to make out they had a negative PCR test by copying the negative antigen test and making out that it was a PCR test.
    I think it's a disgrace to be honest. Apparently the hostess, once she sees it's negative, she/he is none the wiser.

Pass this on if possible, making me a lot less likely to get onto a plane now if this is how lax they are in the identification of the paperwork getting on ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Hi, just wanted to say that my son who decided he was going off to Malaga (age20), with the lads is due to come back.
    His buddies , it seems, who have since returned, were doing some scam with software, to make out they had a negative PCR test by copying the negative antigen test and making out that it was a PCR test.
    I think it's a disgrace to be honest. Apparently the hostess, once she sees it's negative, she/he is none the wiser.

Pass this on if possible, making me a lot less likely to get onto a plane now if this is how lax they are in the identification of the paperwork getting on ...

The responsibility here lies with DAA, the Airline has absolutely no responsibility for testing. I am not even sure that the Airline can refuse boarding if we have boarding pass as this id the contract between the Airline and customer complete in my view. They should be sent to MQ for 2 weeks on arrival.
    Tell your son the PCR test is €50+ at Malaga Airport and the antigen about €10 less.[
    I be surprised if they can be changed as it has QR code. I am actually looking at a test result as we speak....

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Unicorn Milk Latte

When I brought my regular old WHO international vaccination passport to the first vaccination appointment in May, they didn't know what to do with it... :confused:

When I brought my regular old WHO international vaccination passport to the first vaccination appointment in May, they didn't know what to do with it... :confused:

To be fair an old document has little to do with a virus that's about 18 months old.
    Why did you think this info needed.... they have enough goin on....

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Unicorn Milk Latte

To be fair an old document has little to do with a virus that's about 18 months old.
    Why did you think this info needed.... they have enough goin on....

This is a booklet, where every new vaccination is written in by hand (type, date, name of GP), along with a stamp from the physician who administers it.

So, when you get bitten by a dog, and get a Tetanus shot, a new entry goes into the booklet.

My assumption was that there would be a new entry for the Covid vaccine, same as for every other vaccination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

I still have my yellow vaccination booklet from 1966 when a smallpox vaccine was needed to travel to Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Dhenalau

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Dhenalau wrote: »

They said 19 July for months. They have 6 weeks to implement it so be glad they're not going to the wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

Caranica wrote: »
    They said 19 July for months. They have 6 weeks to implement it so be glad they're not going to the wire.

6 weeks, they’ve 18 days.

Continually told how great we are at getting things done we did not get this one right.
    I came into Dublin last week and the same person had to check passport, passenger locator form and the PCR test result. Crazy stuff.
    We need to up our game at our Airports with QR scanners...

• Advertisement

Continually told how great we are at getting things done we did not get this one right.
    I came into Dublin last week and the same person had to check passport, passenger locator form and the PCR test result. Crazy stuff.
    We need to up our game at our Airports with QR scanners...

Imagine the outrage if you had to queue for 3 different people to check your paperwork! Or if it was left to a machine!

Imagine the outrage if you had to queue for 3 different people to check your paperwork! Or if it was left to a machine!

Something that has a digital code is designed to be scanned.
    The info is confirmed and creates by QR code and read by same.
    Imagine the outrage if pencils were now used in supermarkets...

6 weeks, they’ve 18 days.

The EU gave us 6 weeks! Ireland set the 19 July deadline, ie not taking the full six weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

The EU gave us 6 weeks! Ireland set the 19 July deadline, ie not taking the full six weeks.

That’s what I said……18 days.

And to be fair the phase in period started today.

The 6 weeks was given to all.
    The other countries were ready, we did not prepare as we were told there be no foreign travel this year. Then we had to decide if we were part of EU or not.
    It has being talked about here for Months...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

What's the story with going away? I have to go to Brussels for 5 days next week. Flights and Covid test booked. Assuming virus free, what proof do you need to avoid that ludicrous fine?

What's the story with going away? I have to go to Brussels for 5 days next week. Flights and Covid test booked. Assuming virus free, what proof do you need to avoid that ludicrous fine?

HAVING TO GO, that's enough reason but you will be asked why you goin... you will be asked at check-in by Gardai but no problem....

The 6 weeks was given to all.
    The other countries were ready, we did not prepare as we were told there be no foreign travel this year. Then we had to decide if we were part of EU or not.
    It has being talked about here for Months...

How many times do I have to remind you that our health service it system was hacked? We don't have infinite tech resources and everybody needs the health service to function. Not everybody needs to travel

How many times do I have to remind you that our health service it system was hacked? We don't have infinite tech resources and everybody needs the health service to function. Not everybody needs to travel

I was very forcefully told here by possibly (you) on here that the Covid system unaffected by the hack, i am sure i can find the comment...
    We are playing catch-up as usual..

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

The hack had no effect on this. Donnelly stated as much on the radio this morning. This is pure incompetence.

• Advertisement

I was very forcefully told here by possibly (you) on here that the Covid system unaffected by the hack, i am sure i can find the comment...

Not by me. My point is not that the data was affected anyway. My point was that a lot of the people who would have been working on whatever they're calling this view, were pulled in to work on getting the HSE systems back up.

We will have it in place by the 19th, which is well within the deadline period. Nothing anyone posts on here will change that.

Not by me. My point is not that the data was affected anyway. My point was that a lot of the people who would have been working on whatever they're calling this view, were pulled in to work on getting the HSE systems back up.

We will have it in place by the 19th, which is well within the deadline period. Nothing anyone posts on here will change that.

The simple fact is all of the IT technology for the world is based in this Country.
    Yet we are 18 day behind all the other EU Countries.
    BTW this QR system on arrival is in place in some EU countries since summer last year..
    The point you are making is lost on me..
    As of last week there were no QR scanners at arrivals at Dublin Airport but everywhere for Departure at security and gates...
    We need to up the game....

The Covid IT system was not hacked, it's Salesforce and thus cloud based. The IT system that would interface it to the EU's digital green cert or whatever it's called was affected by the hack.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭SweetSand

I honestly don’t understand the hype re COVID passports. Individual countries within EU can still impose COVID restrictions and etc. We were told last year - wait to get vaccinated and life will go back to old normality. It never really happened and it won’t as kids can’t get vaccinated. To me COVID passport is the same. Ok, maybe for vaccinated people with no kids it might make travel a bit easier but essentially it’s the same as having negative test. So although it might make your travel a bit easier but it’s definitely not a magic key that will open every door for you. Am I missing something?

The Covid IT system was not hacked, it's Salesforce and thus cloud based. The IT system that would interface it to the EU's digital green cert or whatever it's called was affected by the hack.

So what are you saying if you know..
    We have not interfaced with the EU as we not ready so that out...
    For me we did not want to do so we did not prepare...
    Prepare to fail..... result fail...

SweetSand wrote: »
    I honestly don’t understand the hype re COVID passports. Individual countries within EU can still impose COVID restrictions and etc. We were told last year - wait to get vaccinated and life will go back to old normality. It never really happened and it won’t as kids can’t get vaccinated. To me COVID passport is the same. Ok, maybe for vaccinated people with no kids it might make travel a bit easier but essentially it’s the same as having negative test. So although it might make your travel a bit easier but it’s definitely not a magic key that will open every door for you. Am I missing something?

Your missing nothing.
    I was very disappointed the EU did not do this last year and to be fair they couldn't until it evolved.
    Now there needs to be some formal structure to travel there will be a system in place going forward.
    Now i think Countries can adapt as needed so at least there be a system in place to opt in/out etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Henno30

I'm travelling home with my wife and our 6 month old to introduce him to his grandparents on July 16th. We're both vaccinated with the 'passports' - but am I right in saying it makes no difference whatsoever?

We still need the rt-pcr test - exactly the same as if we hadn't bothered getting vaccinated at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭P2C

Yes as our restrictions don’t change until the 19th of July. Therefore you will need a negative PCR
    Henno30 wrote: »
    I'm travelling home with my wife and our 6 month old to introduce him to his grandparents on July 16th. We're both vaccinated with the 'passports' - but am I right in saying it makes no difference whatsoever?

We still need the rt-pcr test - exactly the same as if we hadn't bothered getting vaccinated at all?

Henno30 wrote: »

A PCR test before you travel to protect fellow travellers and family you’ll be visiting. Clear Test after 5 days and you’re free to enjoy the reunion.
    Best wishes.

• Advertisement

A PCR test before you travel to protect fellow travellers and family you’ll be visiting. Clear Test after 5 days and you’re free to enjoy the reunion.
    Best wishes.

I do not agree.
    We are asked to put faith in vaccine yet the very people who ask do not trust the PCR result. So we get tested 5 days later.
    Tell me what makes sense here....

Advertisement