Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID passport

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

France:

The Reopen EU information it confusing and the material on the French gouv.fr website doesnt seem to be any clearer.

My adult child is full vaccinated according to their rules (7 days after 2nd dose) but we have not received the DCC.

The website says that if you are travelling without a DCC: Travellers from the EU+ area can enter France, without being subject to further testing or isolation requirements, if they present either:

• Certificate of vaccination, which is valid:
      • from 7 days after the second dose of the vaccine

What does this mean? Other than the Covid cert (DCC) how would anyone present proof of vaccine? The HSE piece of cardboard?!? I dont want to be caught out at the airport if that is not sufficient. I'll pay for an antigen test if required but it galls me to think of paying for a PCR on the return because the same administration insisting on a DCC or a PCR is the one that couldnt get it together to send us on a flipping DCC.

I'll also happily sit on hold for xxxx hours if it means someone pressing send.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Well i got a UK one that didn't have one and EasyJet refused to let me board so i had to buy a Ryanair flight to Belfast.

The front page says Passenger Locater Form...

No problem boarding or on arrival, i entered a 261 claim which they replied saying i had unsufficient documents.

It is now with Consumer complaints in NI....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Apparently yes it's the cardboard. Just returned from France and only document check done on arrival in France was passport. Vaccination and the French gov declaration checked by the airline on boarding so it's not a French official checking your HSE card. I know the French are accepting the US CDC card which is just like our HSE card.

On return to Dublin, again all checks done pre-boarding but nothing actually scanned at the French airport, although almost all bars and restaurants were scanning the QR codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sideline warrior

Hi folks. Hoping can give me a definitive answer as so many mixed messages. I got my second Pfizer jab yesterday. I fly to Spain next Monday so I know I need an antigen test to enter Spain. I then return to Ireland on Aug 30, which will be 12 days after my second jab. Irish Govt states that I’m fully vaccinated 7 days after second Pfizer. However I’ve heard anecdotal stories about Ryanair or Spanish check in staff saying that it’s 14 days regardless. Obviously don’t want to have to fork out another €80 for a PCR test in Spain if I don’t have to. Anyone able to clarify this for me? Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JimmyCorkhill

Hi,

I received the DCC via email, where is the best place to store it in terms of having it somewhere handy to show at either an airport or if entering a pub/restaurant.

Should I download some specific app and add a screenshot of it in there?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Kimbo2712

You can download 'COVID Tracker Ireland' app and scan the QR code to load it onto the app. You will have to have the code open on another screen, like your PC or someone else's mobile!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭PommieBast

Most mobiles will happily display PDFs so just download a copy of the file to your device.

Personally I simply printed it.

Surely you should be getting the third countries covid passport, not ours?

EU covid certificate is not recognised in Mexico for anyone travelling there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭PommieBast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭titan18

How did this work out for you? Did it go ok? Have the same issue

Advertisement