Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thank you for your patients. Mod Warning: OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,076 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I had to jump through a lot of hoops lately to get planning on our own land , shower of pricks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

So the Greens have decided that part of the solution to the housing crisis is not to allow people build in rural Ireland and drive all house building into towns and cities.

thou getting numbers for a GAA team is hardly a reason for one off houses FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 38,891 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Want a team? Build your houses closer together, then.

Which seems to be what he needs.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 81,472 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It costs the state a fortune to provide for one off housing and they only get back about €2 in a week in property tax from each of the houses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭Deeec

I built my house in the country. I have installed my own water supply, my own sewerage system - the state provided nothing for me. Explain to me how I am costing the state a fortune

The way this site now lets you see who's lurking on de forum 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Did you not know that it’s a constitutional right to have a GAA club in every parish!

they will be providing zero towards me !! no water or sewage near me, have to sort that myself !!

What do yizzers think of yer new icons. Do they suit yer personality an dat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,690 ✭✭✭buried

Make way for Eamon Ryan's wolves will ye

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

M

Provision and servicing of broadband, electricity and roads to single houses. School buses needed to bus children to schools etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Who wants to live in Leitrim fulltime. Pre Celtic Tiger crash, Leitrim landowners were making a fortune seliing a few rushy fields with a ruin. Marinas and holiday house developments/ estates - come the crash and these were the sites/ ghost estates that nobody wanted to live in.

It's coastal areas in the likes of Wexford, Waterford, Kerry, Clare, Galway where the demand is.

As for the farmers, unfortunately some gave a bad name by farming sites. Applications for children given and sold on. Authors of their own problems in this area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Did you build the road to the house yourself. Did you pay ESB networks the real cost to provide leccy. Will you pay the Nation Broadband the real cost of bring fibre to you. Broadband alone is costing funny money. J🙄ust sayin'

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

The council wont build a road for you!

You pay for the ESB to connect to your house. Was about £1500 20 years ago.

You pay a private firm for broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭Deeec

No new road needed for my house, I drive my kids to school, I paid for my ESB connection ( all necessary wires were already in area ). Broadband already in my area too.

I accept that some areas are extremely remote and the above could be a problem but most new builds are within reach of other houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,690 ✭✭✭buried

The establishment under the german green party are doing everything to make living in rural Ireland a total nuisance. every rural road in the countryside hasn't had the grass verges cut this year, makes driving extremely dangerous at this time of the year. Loads of accidents the last month. No money to cut the grass Yet every town in rural Ireland are getting brand new footpaths put in where they are not even needed.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

'I'm right every time , 60% of the time'

• Registered Users Posts: 38,891 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I don't think 'vilified' is the word you're looking for, caller.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

funny i was cycling last sunday thinking it was so nice to see all the flowers and orchids in the verges (ok cut round junctions but leave the rest alone)

• Advertisement

road to the house is in pieces and has not been fixed for years, I will be paying the ESB a connection fee for a connection that is beside the house. Neither school buses or bin lorries travel up the road because of the state it is in As you could imagine, broadband has not made its way up the road either

• Registered Users Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

The Greens have changed - they now view rural Ireland as a place to plant industrial wind farms to power their woke urban lifestyles. And also of course a place to take a week or two staycation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭KaneToad

You can live anywhere you like in Ireland. The restrictions are building a new property that is contrary to housing development policy.

The argument about freedom of movement is nonsense.

show is sh1te but I'm getting to like new site

why did they need a few lads to bring his two cows down to the stream ?

old ape

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

That guy from Galway is away with the fairies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

the green fanatics are worse than the nazis.

just going to finish footing the turf. yes tarquin choke on your avacado

It's absolutely beautiful to see the wildflowers everywhere... of course except junctions.

M

Another brainwashed person thinking there was a famine in the country.

• Advertisement

what point is this old moron trying to make?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement