Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munster vs Connacht, Fri 14th May 6pm; Eir Sport

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,223 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Very poor kick to touch from Carbery.

But you'd have to imagine Munster will maul over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

No 6 loves the chop, been at it all game.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Whatever happens this game has been fantastic.

That was off a foot wasn't a knock on but all in all connaght probably deserve it is what it is

Lads this captains challenge sh1t has to go as soon as possible.

• Advertisement

Ya challenge makes sense

Came off a boot but then Archers hand.

The ref is bulling to call that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Joy Neville...it's off the boot of No17
    Ref...it off the hand....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,722 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Clegg wrote: »

I dunno I think it holds TMOs more accountable in terms of decisions.

I agree that it drags the bóllox out of things but it's a good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Joy Neville...it's off the boot of No17
    Ref...it off the hand....

It was both in fairness. Initially dislodged by the boot but Archer knocked it forward with the hand afterwards.

Jones was out of his depth there but that one was right.

Connacht definitely deserved that.

Munster were very very poor.

PoM needs to stop complaining.

As long as it's retained in the SH, it's here to stay..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭A-Train

Great result for Connacht. The better team on the day with some great learning moments for them.

Extremely unimpressed with Munster's lack of ambition in the last 30 mins. Proof there if anyone needed that JVG is the wrong man to lead Munster forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

That was an absolutely fantastic match. Connacht holding out for that win after countless second half hammerings in Thomond is mighty sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭OldRio

Joy desperate to change the refs decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Fair play Connacht good win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,910 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Balls, What a hold out by Connacht but very disappointing by Munster not to win it

Opens the whole thing up now

• Advertisement

OldRio wrote: »

I mean she wasn't forceful there at all of she said nothing you'd be complain also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,602 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

well done to Connacht, didn't give up

Munster had plenty of opportunities and couldn't take them.

Great game of Rugby. Really enjoyed that.

I mean she wasn't forceful there at all of she said nothing you'd be complain also

Nah, I wouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,961 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Great win for Connacht, well deserved too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Jerry Attrick

PoM needs to stop complaining.

I disagree - the more that he and Murray and Stander and <pick a red name> - complain, the less they tend to get from referees.

Seems amazing that that hasn't dawned on them - or their coaches - yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Typical Munster

Mess up against Connacht and no doubt make things very hard to win it out now

Our lack of skills and discipline is unreal

Can we ever sort out the lineout?

Even with the game there to be won they weren't good enough unfortunately

Extremely unimpressed with Munster's lack of ambition in the last 30 mins. Proof there if anyone needed that JVG is the wrong man to lead Munster forward.

Just to add to the above statement that the amount of one out runners we used just was off the charts. So one dimensional and route one. Not a happy Munster fan at all this evening. Well done Connacht though.

Just to add to the above statement that the amount of one out runners we used just was off the charts. So one dimensional and route one. Not a happy Munster fan at all this evening. Well done Connacht though.

It's been that way for years now. Since before jvg even. It's extremely frustrating because with the likes of joey dda and that back three I don't think it can be said they don't have the players any more but essentially they beat up the other team or lose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

A-Train wrote: »
    Great result for Connacht. The better team on the day with some great learning moments for them.

I genuinely think Munster lost that far more than Connacht won it. Did Connacht even have possession beyond the Munster 10m line in the second half outside of the try which was a breakaway?

The decision making of Munster was poor. Outside of kicking penalties, Healy may as well not have been on the field, to be honest. Carbery was an improvement but didn't really boss it too much either. I thought Munster kicked poorly. Given the conditions, they could have really tried to turn the screw more there.

Carbery has to be getting closer than 10m out from that last kick to touch also. If he puts that to 5m, I think the maul is over the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

thomond2006 is very quiet tonight :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Yeah it was a shocking kick from Carbery

Not good enough in that situation

OldRio wrote: »

Big moment, I think she was correct to ask to look at it again.

But even if it wasn't a knock on, it would have been Kilcoyne kicking it into a player in front of him which is accidental offside and a scrum to Connacht.

Unless she was trying to suggest the ball didn't touch Archer whatsoever after Kilcoyne's leg which would be silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

To be fair, between the weather, how Munster have performed physically so far in this tournament, the fact that teams have been beating Connacht up front, and the way we looked when we tried to put it into the backline, that was the gameplan to beat them.

Very poor overall tonight. Would have been fine with Connacht tearing us apart with the nice brand of rugby that they play. We managed to deal with that for the most part and instead handed them two gift-wrapped tries.

Maul was decent but lineout unreliable, scrum was very good until the subs were brought on by Conn so that was a wise tactical choice. We should tap from 5m more - only seems to be Coombes that has embraced that.

Ugh...

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

thomond2006 is very quiet tonight :D

Yo. What I miss?

• Advertisement

Great watch but an incredibly ill tempered and niggly game. I thought the referee did well under the circumstances. I don't think I've ever seen JOD act the maggot as much as he did tonight and it wasn't in a positive way where his side reaped the benefit. He was fortunate not to concede at least two other penalties for his slide on Wootton and the no wrap, shoulder clear out late on.

I've no idea what he was at with the Papali'i incident. He tried to hold Papli'i in and seemed to become increasingly angry when Papali'i managed to free himself and get back into the defensive line without reacting badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Stander seems to be retired.

ROC twitter

CJ Stander hugely critical of referee Dan Jones, says it was like playing against more than 15 men

"I can say it now, I'm done"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭A-Train

Buer wrote: »
    I genuinely think Munster lost that far more than Connacht won it. Did Connacht even have possession beyond the Munster 10m line in the second half outside of the try which was a breakaway?

The decision making of Munster was poor. Outside of kicking penalties, Healy may as well not have been on the field, to be honest. Carbery was an improvement but didn't really boss it too much either. I thought Munster kicked poorly. Given the conditions, they could have really tried to turn the screw more there.

Carbery has to be getting closer than 10m out from that last kick to touch also. If he puts that to 5m, I think the maul is over the line.

Yeah very true when you put it like that.

Buer wrote: »
    Great watch but an incredibly ill tempered and niggly game. I thought the referee did well under the circumstances. I don't think I've ever seen JOD act the maggot as much as he did tonight and it wasn't in a positive way where his side reaped the benefit. He was fortunate not to concede at least two other penalties for his slide on Wootton and the no wrap, shoulder clear out late on.

I've no idea what he was at with the Papali'i incident. He tried to hold Papli'i in and seemed to become increasingly angry when Papali'i managed to free himself and get back into the defensive line without reacting badly.

Agreed that was so stupid, I thought maybe Papli’i maybe had a little kick out while being held but there wasn’t the slightest hint of that. It points the finger of a culture that doesn’t punish those silly penalties despite what they say post game.

Also, a brief comment on Daly. Excellent again, he really needs to get into an Irish squad and not a summer run out vs the Yanks but a full strength team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭testtech05

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Stander seems to be retired.

ROC twitter

CJ Stander hugely critical of referee Dan Jones, says it was like playing against more than 15 men

"I can say it now, I'm done"

I was watching with no sound (not by choice) so didn't get an explanation for most of the penalties but too my eye he didn't seem too biased?

• Advertisement

testtech05 wrote: »
    I was watching with no sound (not by choice) so didn't get an explanation for most of the penalties but too my eye he didn't seem too biased?

There was a couple of calls that were 50/50ish, a knock-on that wasn't too clear that ruled out Conway's try, and the Archer knock-on was brought back to check where the mic made it sound like the ref was intent on calling it a knock-on (he wasn't really it was just the way it looked).

Didn't think he was that bad, fairly poor stuff for CJ for a departing statement

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

There was a couple of calls that were 50/50ish, a knock-on that wasn't too clear that ruled out Conway's try, and the Archer knock-on was brought back to check where the mic made it sound like the ref was intent on calling it a knock-on (he wasn't really it was just the way it looked).

Didn't think he was that bad, fairly poor stuff for CJ for a departing statement

like there was a few ruck entries midway through the 2nd half by JOD which i was surprised connacht didnt challenge too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Munster last maul try was illegal too as Holland well in front and could easily have been picked up by tmo. Backwards pass that was leading to likely Connacht try & 24-7 scoreline ruled out although as pointed out by another poster original turnover by Connacht may have taken ball illegally from ruck.

Both sides got wrong decisions against them as happens every game but nothing to merit as strong a statement as that by Stander.

testtech05 wrote: »

Not so much biased, just wrong on quite a few occasions...and for both sides,
    For me, the most frustrating performance from a referee in quite a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭KBurke85

Not so much biased, just wrong on quite a few occasions...and for both sides,
    For me, the most frustrating performance from a referee in quite a while

You’ve never seen a match reffed by Frank Murphy then have you

KBurke85 wrote: »
    You’ve never seen a match reffed by Frank Murphy then have you

Plenty, why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Munster had every opportunity to win that game. They gifted two tries to Connacht.

Munster had every opportunity to win that game. They gifted two tries to Connacht.

Do Munster ever give youth a chance. Look at the 2nd rows conn going for youth, Munster meh

Do Munster ever give youth a chance. Look at the 2nd rows conn going for youth, Munster meh

Munster had Casey, Healy and Daly all starting in the backs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Wycherly, casey, healy, daly all played today :/ other players we'd like to see in action, sure but it's not like it doesn't happen

🤪

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement