Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Munster vs Connacht, Fri 14th May 6pm; Eir Sport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

thomond2006 is very quiet tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,032 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Yeah it was a shocking kick from Carbery

Not good enough in that situation

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

OldRio wrote: »
    Joy desperate to change the refs decision.

Big moment, I think she was correct to ask to look at it again.

But even if it wasn't a knock on, it would have been Kilcoyne kicking it into a player in front of him which is accidental offside and a scrum to Connacht.

Unless she was trying to suggest the ball didn't touch Archer whatsoever after Kilcoyne's leg which would be silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Just to add to the above statement that the amount of one out runners we used just was off the charts. So one dimensional and route one. Not a happy Munster fan at all this evening. Well done Connacht though.

To be fair, between the weather, how Munster have performed physically so far in this tournament, the fact that teams have been beating Connacht up front, and the way we looked when we tried to put it into the backline, that was the gameplan to beat them.

Very poor overall tonight. Would have been fine with Connacht tearing us apart with the nice brand of rugby that they play. We managed to deal with that for the most part and instead handed them two gift-wrapped tries.

Maul was decent but lineout unreliable, scrum was very good until the subs were brought on by Conn so that was a wise tactical choice. We should tap from 5m more - only seems to be Coombes that has embraced that.

Ugh...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

thomond2006 is very quiet tonight :D

Yo. What I miss?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Great watch but an incredibly ill tempered and niggly game. I thought the referee did well under the circumstances. I don't think I've ever seen JOD act the maggot as much as he did tonight and it wasn't in a positive way where his side reaped the benefit. He was fortunate not to concede at least two other penalties for his slide on Wootton and the no wrap, shoulder clear out late on.

I've no idea what he was at with the Papali'i incident. He tried to hold Papli'i in and seemed to become increasingly angry when Papali'i managed to free himself and get back into the defensive line without reacting badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,125 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Stander seems to be retired.

ROC twitter

CJ Stander hugely critical of referee Dan Jones, says it was like playing against more than 15 men

"I can say it now, I'm done"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭A-Train

Buer wrote: »
    I genuinely think Munster lost that far more than Connacht won it. Did Connacht even have possession beyond the Munster 10m line in the second half outside of the try which was a breakaway?

The decision making of Munster was poor. Outside of kicking penalties, Healy may as well not have been on the field, to be honest. Carbery was an improvement but didn't really boss it too much either. I thought Munster kicked poorly. Given the conditions, they could have really tried to turn the screw more there.

Carbery has to be getting closer than 10m out from that last kick to touch also. If he puts that to 5m, I think the maul is over the line.

Yeah very true when you put it like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Buer wrote: »
    Great watch but an incredibly ill tempered and niggly game. I thought the referee did well under the circumstances. I don't think I've ever seen JOD act the maggot as much as he did tonight and it wasn't in a positive way where his side reaped the benefit. He was fortunate not to concede at least two other penalties for his slide on Wootton and the no wrap, shoulder clear out late on.

I've no idea what he was at with the Papali'i incident. He tried to hold Papli'i in and seemed to become increasingly angry when Papali'i managed to free himself and get back into the defensive line without reacting badly.

Agreed that was so stupid, I thought maybe Papli’i maybe had a little kick out while being held but there wasn’t the slightest hint of that. It points the finger of a culture that doesn’t punish those silly penalties despite what they say post game.

Also, a brief comment on Daly. Excellent again, he really needs to get into an Irish squad and not a summer run out vs the Yanks but a full strength team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭testtech05

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Stander seems to be retired.

ROC twitter

CJ Stander hugely critical of referee Dan Jones, says it was like playing against more than 15 men

"I can say it now, I'm done"

I was watching with no sound (not by choice) so didn't get an explanation for most of the penalties but too my eye he didn't seem too biased?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

testtech05 wrote: »
    I was watching with no sound (not by choice) so didn't get an explanation for most of the penalties but too my eye he didn't seem too biased?

There was a couple of calls that were 50/50ish, a knock-on that wasn't too clear that ruled out Conway's try, and the Archer knock-on was brought back to check where the mic made it sound like the ref was intent on calling it a knock-on (he wasn't really it was just the way it looked).

Didn't think he was that bad, fairly poor stuff for CJ for a departing statement

• Registered Users Posts: 11,125 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

There was a couple of calls that were 50/50ish, a knock-on that wasn't too clear that ruled out Conway's try, and the Archer knock-on was brought back to check where the mic made it sound like the ref was intent on calling it a knock-on (he wasn't really it was just the way it looked).

Didn't think he was that bad, fairly poor stuff for CJ for a departing statement

like there was a few ruck entries midway through the 2nd half by JOD which i was surprised connacht didnt challenge too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Munster last maul try was illegal too as Holland well in front and could easily have been picked up by tmo. Backwards pass that was leading to likely Connacht try & 24-7 scoreline ruled out although as pointed out by another poster original turnover by Connacht may have taken ball illegally from ruck.

Both sides got wrong decisions against them as happens every game but nothing to merit as strong a statement as that by Stander.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

testtech05 wrote: »

Not so much biased, just wrong on quite a few occasions...and for both sides,
    For me, the most frustrating performance from a referee in quite a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭KBurke85

Not so much biased, just wrong on quite a few occasions...and for both sides,
    For me, the most frustrating performance from a referee in quite a while

You’ve never seen a match reffed by Frank Murphy then have you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

KBurke85 wrote: »
    You’ve never seen a match reffed by Frank Murphy then have you

Plenty, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Munster had every opportunity to win that game. They gifted two tries to Connacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭gallyind

Munster had every opportunity to win that game. They gifted two tries to Connacht.

Do Munster ever give youth a chance. Look at the 2nd rows conn going for youth, Munster meh

gallyind wrote: »
    Do Munster ever give youth a chance. Look at the 2nd rows conn going for youth, Munster meh

Munster had Casey, Healy and Daly all starting in the backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Wycherly, casey, healy, daly all played today :/ other players we'd like to see in action, sure but it's not like it doesn't happen

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭gallyind

Munster had Casey, Healy and Daly all starting in the backs.

What about the pack ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭theVersatile

What about the pack ?

Coombes originally in to start, withdrawn with illness.

But keep on moving the goal posts there.

What about the pack ?

JOD who's the same age as Dillane, who was only brought in after Coombes withdrew through injury and Wycherley on the bench.

I'm not even a Munster fan and I can see it's clear they give youth a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Munster last maul try was illegal too as Holland well in front and could easily have been picked up by tmo. Backwards pass that was leading to likely Connacht try & 24-7 scoreline ruled out although as pointed out by another poster original turnover by Connacht may have taken ball illegally from ruck.

Both sides got wrong decisions against them as happens every game but nothing to merit as strong a statement as that by Stander.
    I wonder was it a build up of stuff from Jones over a few games and Stander thought he’ll have a pop now. He also had words after the whistle at the Ulster game.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,806 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Surly a shoulder charge to a connacht players head, referee 6 meters away looking directly at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

razorblunt wrote: »

I wonder was it a build up of stuff from Jones over a few games and Stander thought he’ll have a pop now. He also had words after the whistle at the Ulster game.

Quite possibly as it does seem very strong reaction and maybe a bit of frustration as I’m sure he would love to end Munster career with trophy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Ahem! We kept it to 20 points :D
    Zzippy wrote: »
    Munster just have to maul it and they'll stroll home. We'll be lucky to keep it to 20 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,806 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

What does Joy Neville be looking at ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

That somehow makes it even sweeter ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,234 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Zzippy wrote: »
    That somehow makes it even sweeter ;)

and rightly so. your team forced mistakes, and made us hurt. and punished our unforced errors. Thats how to win interpros

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement