Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballymurphy massacre

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 Lougho

lawred2 wrote: »
    She's some troll coming out with that.

Sadly there's a large audience for that type of crap though.

I know a slighted dog at Gerry and she didnt realise that comment had a wider catchment

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

She's some troll coming out with that.

Sadly there's a large audience for that type of crap though.

That was 5 years ago. She's got more recent comments.

That was 5 years ago. She's got more recent comments.

Does it need to be quantified?

Lougho wrote: »
    Does it need to be quantified?

Oh no. I'm pointing out that she's pig ignorant on this subject and that you can root out even more recent crap from her.

Oh no. I'm pointing out that she's pig ignorant on this subject and that you can root out even more recent crap from her.

Apologies just didnt know what the context you were saying it in sorry. Understand now. At the end of the day we all agree it was an underhand attack on an entire community.

• Advertisement

Apologies just didnt know what the context you were saying it in sorry. Understand now. At the end of the day we all agree it was an underhand attack on an entire community.

You're grand. It wasn't as clear as it should have been.

Absolutely though it was underhand.

---

Any sign of our resident Partitionists and unionist apologists around the place?

You're grand. It wasn't as clear as it should have been.

Absolutely though it was underhand.

---

Any sign of our resident Partitionists and unionist apologists around the place?

What do you mean? Is there unionists on here.

There's a hape of Partitionists and Unionist apologists as well as a couple of belligerent unionists in here. You'll see them soon enough.

They won't come into this thread though as it goes against their world-view of "Brits good Ra bad". They're sickening.

There's a hape of Partitionists and Unionist apologists as well as a couple of belligerent unionists in here. You'll see them soon enough.

They won't come into this thread though as it goes against their world-view of "Brits good Ra bad". They're sickening.

Even at that, this is where they should be engaging and seeing where unionist, royalists, or loyalists stand on the fence.

We hear about enniskillen, Le Mon, kingsmill, Darkley, Mountainview Tavern. But god forbid the rule makers become the rule breakers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Barry904

Downcow is a unionist he done a runner a few pages back after he was made look a complete fool.

• Advertisement

Even at that, this is where they should be engaging and seeing where unionist, royalists, or loyalists stand on the fence.

We hear about enniskillen, Le Mon, kingsmill, Darkley, Mountainview Tavern. But god forbid the rule makers become the rule breakers.

The thing is, they're brought up as if they weren't abhorrent atrocities, but the moral equivalence that rears its head when Official UK get their asses handed to them by a coroner is vomit-inducing.

If you have the capacity to allow your blood boil and blood pressure increase, I'd suggest you go back to the start of this thread and see what I mean.

Barry904 wrote: »
    Downcow is a unionist he done a runner a few pages back after he was made look a complete fool.

He does that the whole time and he'll be back over the next few days.

The thing is, they're brought up as if they weren't abhorrent atrocities, but the moral equivalence that rears its head when Official UK get their asses handed to them by a coroner is vomit-inducing.

If you have the capacity to allow your blood boil and blood pressure increase, I'd suggest you go back to the start of this thread and see what I mean.

I joined 2 3 months ago but during week I'm working so not posting just reading. Weekend feet up I'll engage so didnt twig the guys representing our rudderless countrymen.

Now they have big edwin at the wheel things are going to be taking a hypothetical back flip off the Cooleys.

You're in for a "treat".

Holy mother of jesus that is some read.

Holy mother of jesus that is some read.

Go pour yourself a settler.

Go pour yourself a settler.

It's like they've lost consistency or they sobered up a few pages back cause you just have a wee straggler popping up

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Same old DC, nothing new with the runner he did, probably installing an Israeli flag along with a Poots picture as we speak:)
    Couldn't just feel for the families and move on, had to make a remark

I’ms partitionist as they come but you’ll never hear “Brits good Ra bad”.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,112 ✭✭✭✭downcow

I tell you what, you get me an assurance I won’t get banned for taking the thread off topic and I’ll happily give you all the examples you need of the horrific tortures carried out by the Ira (and Uvf). Dirty sectarian scum, the lot of them.
    Or if you like start a thread on it and I will be a very willing contributor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

downcow wrote: »
    I tell you what, you get me an assurance I won’t get banned for taking the thread off topic and I’ll happily give you all the examples you need of the horrific tortures carried out by the Ira (and Uvf). Dirty sectarian scum, the lot of them.
    Or if you like start a thread on it and I will be a very willing contributor

Why won't you create your own thread on it?

Thanks Bonnie. Never thought you would say I wasn’t a belligerent unionist. But since I have been posting regularly on this thread, then I guess that’s what you are saying.
    Thanks I didn’t expect support from you. You may be a bigger person than I thought you were

Fionn1952 wrote: »
    Every thread, no matter how inappropriate, you can always count on good ol' Downcow to land in with a, 'but whatabout the IRA', accompanied by some anecdotes that are totally irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Have a bit of decorum for Christ sake, the IRA are completely irrelevant to the innocent victims of the Ballymurphy Massacre and their families' long wait for vindication, though justice isn't likely.

I came on here and affirmed the BM victims and there innocence.

I have since responded to two bits of nonsense from posters ie

They said that no government tried to prevent prosecutions of those who murdered Protestants - I pointed out the Tony blair assurances to ira murderers

They said that the victims of British state violence deserve investigations more than the rest of the victims - I pointed out that republicans have resisted any notion of hierarchy of victims, rendering this position total hypocrisy.

Simple, accurate, consistent
    At your service

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    Same old DC, nothing new with the runner he did, probably installing an Israeli flag along with a Poots picture as we speak:)
    Couldn't just feel for the families and move on, had to make a remark

UDA WINNER you well know I have identified myself on here as anti-Poots and pro liberal unionism. And I have never supported Israel here. So it’s just shoot the messenger cause you can’t handle the message.

I am also a huge supporter of all moving on.

Now could you tell me what the remark was that I made? (and please quote it in context)

Why won't you create your own thread on it?

That would be silly. I am the one that is taking the position that the vast majority of people on this island hold on ira torture. It’s that other guy who seems to not know what happened

It would also descend into whataboutery by the very people who claim to call out whataboutery.

What would the thread be called.
    ‘Examples of ira torture methods’.
    Would that be allowed?. I genuinely don’t know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

I came on here and affirmed the BM victims and there innocence.

I have since responded to two bits of nonsense from posters ie

They said that no government tried to prevent prosecutions of those who murdered Protestants - I pointed out the Tony blair assurances to ira murderers

They said that the victims of British state violence deserve investigations more than the rest of the victims - I pointed out that republicans have resisted any notion of hierarchy of victims, rendering this position total hypocrisy.

Simple, accurate, consistent
    At your service

You paid lip service to the victims and have spent the vast majority of your posting on this thread ranting about the PIRA.

The Provos have nothing to do with the Ballymurphy Massacre.

The victims of the Ballymurphy Massacre were entirely innocent. It is inappropriate, inconsiderate and entirely lacking in taste to try shoehorning your usual one-sided, perpetual victims complex into this thread, which I'll highlight once more is about the ENTIRELY INNOCENT victims of the Ballymurphy Massacre.

If you want to have another rant about the Provos, I'd suggest one of the many threads already on here about them, or starting your own thread about your specific topic. I won't be engaging any further with you on this thread as clearly you either don't even have the cop on to realise what you're doing or you're fully aware and actively trying to deflect from the topic, which is even worse.

Fionn1952 wrote: »
    You paid lip service to the victims and have spent the vast majority of your posting on this thread ranting about the PIRA.

The Provos have nothing to do with the Ballymurphy Massacre.

The victims of the Ballymurphy Massacre were entirely innocent. It is inappropriate, inconsiderate and entirely lacking in taste to try shoehorning your usual one-sided, perpetual victims complex into this thread, which I'll highlight once more is about the ENTIRELY INNOCENT victims of the Ballymurphy Massacre.

If you want to have another rant about the Provos, I'd suggest one of the many threads already on here about them, or starting your own thread about your specific topic. I won't be engaging any further with you on this thread as clearly you either don't even have the cop on to realise what you're doing or you're fully aware and actively trying to deflect from the topic, which is even worse.

Stick to the facts. I have repeatedly said the BM victims were entirely innocent and that it was entirely wrong.

It’s nonsense to say that the ira have nothing to with. Every single death in ni during the conflict have a direct link to ira violence, Uvf violence, inflammatory speeches by Paisley, Adam’s, etc, etc, etc BM did not happen in a vacuum, same as ira and Uvf killings, hunger strikes, thousands in prison etc etc.

Absolutely silly to suggest BM killings had no link to the ira

• Registered Users Posts: 45,266 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Delighted the families got some justice here.

Another example why the British army were so despised in the north.

Stick to the facts. I have repeatedly said the BM victims were entirely innocent and that it was entirely wrong.

It’s nonsense to say that the ira have nothing to with. Every single death in ni during the conflict have a direct link to ira violence, Uvf violence, inflammatory speeches by Paisley, Adam’s, etc, etc, etc BM did not happen in a vacuum, same as ira and Uvf killings, hunger strikes, thousands in prison etc etc.

Absolutely silly to suggest BM killings had no link to the ira

Well the coroner full square disagrees with you.

How about sticking to those facts!?

• Advertisement

That would be silly. I am the one that is taking the position that the vast majority of people on this island hold on ira torture. It’s that other guy who seems to not know what happened

It would also descend into whataboutery by the very people who claim to call out whataboutery.

What would the thread be called.
    ‘Examples of ira torture methods’.
    Would that be allowed?. I genuinely don’t know

Won't open a thread because of concerns for whataboutery

You're some ticket downcow.. that pretty much defines your entire contribution to this thread.

Advertisement