Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2021 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Newport 28.8C at 1330

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

N/A already posted

Mt Dillon 29.7C at 1400 (will be rounded to 30 on met.ie)

Not sure if I've posted this or not as this website hurts me, however it's now currently 29.9°c in West Clare (about to break the 30°c mark) in hazy sunshine. Much less humid but very very hot all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Explosive convection all around me with frequent booms of thunder from two different cells either side of me 😁 Love it

Still sunny here, wish I had a good vista of the sky to get a timelapse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

AWS reporting 29.4c in Durrow. Going by trends the last few days, it's most likely 29.7c or 29.8c on the mercury thermometers in the stevenson's screen.

Every day this week so far, it has taken until 5pm or thereabouts to get into the 29s range. We're three hours ahead of that with more insolation to come. Skies are almost clear here, though there is thin high cloud over nearby Munster.

And it's reached 30.1°c in West Clare.

First 30°c since June 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Nice banger in Donegal alright. Jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Currently 30.4C on Westport's WOW station, second day in a row it has reached 30.2C just outside of Castlebar but that is with my own thermometer

AWS 29.8c Durrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

On holiday near Athenry and its mind melting hot, haven't experienced conditions like this in a while.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Mt Dillon 30.1c

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Storm 10

30 Degrees on my station in Galway City its breathless some fun trying to sleep tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Getting cloudy now in west cork

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

(accidentally pressed post twice and it posted a blank message. Can't figure out how to delete it!)

Newport (Furnace) is up to 29.7C now @15.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

30 at Mount Dillon and Newport on 3pm update……boom!

I wonder if Mount Dillon is being rounded up, Newport is also saying 30C but it has been rounded up from 29.7C.

It is not, showing 30.1C now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭glightning

Could see those cells in the NW from here in Ballinderry (Central SE of NI). They looked fab. One big one had a really well defined and hard edged anvil.

The UK Met Office is reporting that the NI record has been broken again today with 31.3c at Castlederg this afternoon (and the day is not over yet). The Castlederg reading should be a well respected and reliable reading.

• Advertisement

I'd love one or two cells to rumble in the evening. Even at a distance away they height some cells could tower to would allow the lightning to be seen from quite far away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Castlederg 30.4c at 3pm

see Twitter :-

Northern Ireland has for the second time in 5 days provisionally broken it's all-time temperature record

Castlederg in County Tyrone recorded a temperature of 31.3 °C at 1437 this afternoon

This exceeds the 31.2 °C that Ballywatticock recorded last Saturday

https://twitter.com/metoffice/status/1417853047921909761?s=20

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Getting to 30C took a bit longer than expected but finally there it is at Mt Dillion. A few of the wow stations are reporting 32C but I'm not sure how reliable those are. The one in Trim is reporting 32C but all other wow stations in the surrounding areas are 25 to 28C.

Durrow AWS peaked at 30.1c

I always check only the 'Official Observations' box and ignore WOW Observations as that includes personal weather stations (which Trim is).

Castlederg now holds the Norths record for coldest and highest temperature ever recorded. 3 4km as the crow flies from the Donegal border, would be another good place to have a weather station.

About as continental a location as you can get in the North!

Cloud bubbled up in Castlederg , could have gotten a notch higher only for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

That's mighty impressive by Castlederg. It's strange, considering NI it has bested the south by a good 1-2c twice now on different days, then when we had some 30-32c in 2018 or even in the likes of 2006 (Elphin July record) you'd have expected NI would have passed 31.0c then too. I believe they maxed out somewhere between 30.1-30.5c at a quick google. I guess subtle things (wind/fair weather cloud etc.) can be the difference in breaking records.

EDIT: Also, can barely believe my eyes but Dublin Airport was warmer than Phoenix Park at the 3pm report. 26c vs 25c (rounded so likely v.close). I don't think I've ever seen that happen during good weather spells.

Advertisement