Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭padski08

MVC: Helix
    Text: 6th July
    Apt 1: the Helix, 9th July

Based Dublin West

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

2nd Vaccination appointment text just now.

1st appointment 6th June, Pfizer, Cork City Hall

2nd appointment delayed to 12th June, Pfizer, MCU (CIT)

6 day delay over the 4 week gap so not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Wife just got hers.
    UCD
    Appointment next Friday 16th
    Age 36
    Pfizer
    Registered the day her age group opened which was bold.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Rescheduled appointment for second Vax from today that I had to decline. New text with 15/7 at UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭andrewbrowne

"Registered for a vaccine
    Awaiting appointment 1
    Appointment 1 scheduled
    Consent given
    Dose 1 Medical questions answered
    Vaccine dose 1 received
    Awaiting appointment 2
    Appointment 2 scheduled
    Dose 2 Medical questions answered
    Final vaccine dose received"

So under the HSE booking am I stuck with the 2 jab system, the same as what other people have gone with before???

It's only the pharmacies offer the 1 off jab??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

woodchuck wrote: »
    Text received: Today, Tues 6th July
    Appointment: Sunday 11th July
    Venue: Greystones

Glad to finally get an appointment, but I'm on holidays in the back arse of nowhere atm. Luckily we're due back on Sunday, appointment day... but...
    1. How strict are they about the appointment times? It's a loooong drive home.
    2. The only photo ID I have with me is my driver's license, but it's the crappy old version on a piece of paper. I assume that's ok though? It would take too long to go home first to collect my passport.

My old paper driving licence was perfectly acceptable for both jabs

• Registered Users Posts: 24 wopbop22

Registered on 20th of June and so far no text. Does anyone know what time the text messages arrive at? Are people receiving them in the evening or do they just go out during the business day?

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

Apt 1: 8th July
    Vaccine: Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

40/1980
    Reg 02.06.2021
    Text 11.06.2021
    App 15.06.2021
    Meath.

2nd jab

Text 06.07.2021
    App 15.07.2021
    Meath (Simonstown)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Niall145

Going abroad on 2nd August; is there even a slim chance i would be fully vaccinated by then? Have given details to numerous pharmacies for j&j, obvs will apply on the portal too (age 30), all very uncertain though...

• Advertisement

The gratitude is mighty with this one!

Without knowing your age then no ones going to be able to tell you if your even eligible for the J&J!!

lol 34.

Registered with the pharmacy first and now there an hour or 2 ago registered with the HSE. The consensus on here being that people under 35 could register with the HSE for vaccine before the portal officially opens for them later

lol 34.

Registered with the pharmacy first and now there an hour or 2 ago registered with the HSE. The consensus on here being that people under 35 could register with the HSE for vaccine before the portal officially opens for them later

Here, let me Google that for you precious :)

Monday, July 5 - 18-34 year olds can register for J&J vaccine with pharmacies
    Friday, July 9 - vaccine portal opens for 30 to 34-year-olds
    Monday, July 12 - 18-34 cohort can opt-in for J&J and AZ jabs through portal

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭guyfawkes5

Niall145 wrote: »
    Going abroad on 2nd August; is there even a slim chance i would be fully vaccinated by then? Have given details to numerous pharmacies for j&j, obvs will apply on the portal too (age 30), all very uncertain though...
    There's a chance at least, yes, although for that date in August you're relying solely on J&J.

The biggest Jannsen delivery ever arrived a few days ago so those doses will ramp up very quickly and very soon: https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40325840.html

Here, let me Google that for you precious:

Monday, July 5 - 18-34 year olds can register for J&J vaccine with pharmacies
    Friday, July 9 - vaccine portal opens for 30 to 34-year-olds
    Monday, July 12 - 18-34 cohort can opt-in for J&J and AZ jabs through portal

:rolleyes: Google.

Thats exactly the point you have thoroughly missed. The HSE has changed that date. Plus they have separated the groups but yet their registration is subsequently a free for all and nothing like that breakdown you posted.

Bit like saying over 18's only but letting in the kids too

:rolleyes: Google.

Thats exactly the point you have thoroughly missed. The HSE has changed that date. Plus they have separated the groups but yet their registration is subsequently a free for all and nothing like that breakdown you posted.

Bit like saying over 18's only but letting in the kids too

Wow you try and help someone and all you get is gob****e remarks back.

Those dates were posted yesterday on Irish Times from the HSE latest info.

Get on with it yourself so.

Good luck.

Wow you try and help someone and all you get is gob****e remarks back.

Those dates were posted yesterday on Irish Times from the HSE latest info.

Get on with it yourself so.

Good luck.

I wouldn't be having this conversation if those facts were accurate. You are spot on with the information provided but it doesn't bear that out in reality

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭fattymuatty

wopbop22 wrote: »
    Registered on 20th of June and so far no text. Does anyone know what time the text messages arrive at? Are people receiving them in the evening or do they just go out during the business day?

I got mine in the morning, my husband got his in the evening so I would say you could get one anytime.

I wouldn't be having this conversation if those facts were accurate. You are spot on with the information provided but it doesn't bear that out in reality

If you’re finding the latest information the HSE released incorrect then nobody here is going to be able to help.

Pick up the phone and give them a call. I know it’s a crazy idea but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 MadsFi

Apt 1: 9th July

Got the text an hour go but I'd already made an appointment in a pharmacy outside of Dublin for July 10th to get Pfizer dose 1 and I think now I might cancel the HSE one. I rang the pharmacy to ask about the second dose as I'm due to go away in mid august and my major concern was that the HSE would leave me hanging for dose 2 as they have for many on this thread, pharmacy said they have the supply and I'd be back in exactly 4 weeks.

If you’re finding the latest information the HSE released incorrect then nobody here is going to be able to help.

Pick up the phone and give them a call. I know it’s a crazy idea but you never know.

Great more computerized and IDK responses.
    Their system is already telling us only 35's and over can register. And yet that's proven to be false.

#toeingthepartyline

• Advertisement

Great more computerized and IDK responses.
    Their system is already telling us only 35's and over can register. And yet that's proven to be false.

#toeingthepartyline

Jaysus you and your first world problems are desperate! I don’t know how you cope! I certainly couldn’t deal with how tough your life is.

Oh wait, I’ve been wanting to get vaccinated and travel open up so I can get over to England to collect my Dads ashes, where he died from cancer last year, because he couldn’t get treatment because of Covid.

Get some perspective ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 a-non

MadsFi wrote: »
    Apt 1: 9th July

Got the text an hour go but I'd already made an appointment in a pharmacy outside of Dublin for July 10th to get Pfizer dose 1 and I think now I might cancel the HSE one. I rang the pharmacy to ask about the second dose as I'm due to go away in mid august and my major concern was that the HSE would leave me hanging for dose 2 as they have for many on this thread, pharmacy said they have the supply and I'd be back in exactly 4 weeks.

Can I ask what pharmacy? Would like to see can I get an appointment quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭munster87

That escalated.

munster87 wrote: »
    That escalated.

Yeah sorry about that, try to help the fella out multiple times and it’s like a child whinging they’ve gotta wait for Santy to arrive. Frustrated the ****e out of me.

1st world problems!

Jaysus you and your first world problems are desperate! I don’t know how you cope! I certainly couldn’t deal with how tough your life is.

Oh wait, I’ve been wanting to get vaccinated and travel open up so I can get over to England to collect my Dads ashes, where he died from cancer last year, because he couldn’t get treatment because of Covid.

Get some perspective ffs.

A covid vaccination thread then is currently not the space for you. Sorry for any personal problems you maybe encountering.

Covid 19 is the very last thing to be telling anyone to have perspective on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,552 ✭✭✭micks_address

Anyone yet in the helix get a second appointment with 1st 7 or 8th of June?
    Cheers,
    Mick

A covid vaccination thread then is currently not the space for you. Sorry for any personal problems you maybe encountering.

Covid 19 is the very last thing to be telling anyone to have perspective on.

Yeah don’t twist my words, you need to get perspective on registering before your age group and multiple times just to try and skip the queue. Just wait like everyone else and get the vaccine you’re offered when it’s due.

And when people take the time to help you, show a little gratitude instead of the entitled ingratitude and complaining you’ve actually done!

And it’s a thread for confirmed appointments, not for you to try and get info to facilitate breaking the rules!

Yeah don’t twist my words, you need to get perspective on registering before your age group just to skip the queue.
    Only a matter of hours before the official time opens. Hardly that much of a queue jump.

You should chase down any other under 35's that jumped the gun if you're that exercised by it. Them registering ahead of me pushes me down the queue too. You want a separate rule for me but not them. Blame the system not me

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Sam W

Yeah don’t twist my words, you need to get perspective on registering before your age group and multiple times just to try and skip the queue. Just wait like everyone else and get the vaccine you’re offered when it’s due.

And when people take the time to help you, show a little gratitude instead of the entitled ingratitude and complaining you’ve actually done!

And it’s a thread for confirmed appointments, not for you to try and get info to facilitate breaking the rules!

That’s not helpful to anyone. Having a national system that doesn’t work is the issue. If a system can be exploited by average Joes, it’s not the average Joes that need to get perspective, it’s whoever developed that website and the HSE for not being able to fix it.

• Advertisement

Sam W wrote: »
    That’s not helpful to anyone. Having a national system that doesn’t work is the issue. If a system can be exploited by average Joes, it’s not the average Joes that need to get perspective, it’s whoever developed that website and the HSE for not being able to fix it.

halleh ##### luah

Advertisement