Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murder at the Cottage | Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭mamboozle

Nick Foster only began 'researching' this book in 2014 when the powers that be were starting to feel very uncomfortable with the kind of information Ian Bailey and Frank Buttimer were presenting as evidence in their high court case. The manner in which the state met Bailey's case was undignified to say the least.

It looks like Foster was a shill from the start, starting out supposedly objective only to come to his conviction of guilt based on ever more absurd stories. The very fact that his tweets have him suggesting the cops are about to pounce on Bailey any minute because of some new evidence he's uncovered, is a sure sign he finds it hilarious anyone believes him. Foster is far more worthy of investigation than Bailey.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Evergreen_7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users Posts: 27,947 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Michael sheridan wrote faux fiction about the case with loads of blatant errors. It's embarrassing. The anti Bailey trolls lap it up.

• Advertisement

Welcome anyway. Nice to meet folk from the pro foster camp who've seen the light, so to speak

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

Were you once referred to as a ludraman?? It kinda sums you up actually..??

Did Tibruit christen you with that name? He's a bit of a rogue isn't he..??

Anyway, welcome to the forum, you're not the strangest fish on here (yet). Would you mind posting comments in English please, and maybe relevant to the thread topic? Good man yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭flopisit

Sounds like you guys need a break from the arguments, wild conspiracy theories and Bailey worship. :D

Can any of the experts here answer a few questions?

1. I seem to remember reading that Ian had been kicked out of The Prairie after his 15th May 1996 assault on Jules and didn't get back into The Prairie until about a month before the murder. But I can't remember where I read that. Ralph Riegel only describes it as follows: "After a brief separation, Mr Bailey and Ms Thomas reconciled and resumed their relationship". Any ideas? and also any details of what Ian was up to in the interim?
    2. I seem to remember hearing that gardai consulted a forensic psychologist/criminal profiler and got a profile of the killer. I think there was a brief reference to this in one of the recent documentaries. Does anyone have this profile? Who was it from? Could it be from the BSU at the FBI?
    3. One of Jules' daughters made a statement to gardai and then later retracted that statement or parts of it. Which daughter was it and what did she retract?
    4. One of Jules' daughters claimed Jules had tried to pressure her into lying in her statement. Which daughter and what was it that Jules allegedly wanted her to lie about?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Evergreen_7

I’m not in any camp. Ian Bailey might be guilty, I don’t know. I don’t like Nick foster anymore or believe most of what he says though

Oh hi flopisit! Come over from reddit I see. First post is it? 😅

You lost me at "Bailey worship". No one here worships Bailey, some of us are just able to look at the case from an objective point of view and realise that the case against him holds no weight whatsoever.

Back to your points, "I remember hearing", "I remember reading"?

Where did you hear and read these things?

I find the first point irrelevant to the case, however.

• Advertisement

Yes, I decided to stop lurking. I remember you from there too.

If you were looking at the case from an objective point of view, you would say there is some evidence against him but not enough to determine whether he is innocent or guilty. (which is my stance on the matter)

If I could remember where I read it, I wouldn't have to ask here. I definitely read that Bailey was only back in the house for a short period before the murder. This is actually relevant to the case IMO. Also, I am sure there was some reference at the start of one of the documentaries to a profile that was generated of the killer or a forensic psychologist that was consulted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CailínRua77

The statement was made by Fenella and was never retracted. Jules wanted her to retract it as the daughter states both Jules and Bailey left the house on the morning of the 23rd for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CailínRua77

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭tibruit

[Deleted User]...???....Does this mean Scooby has bounded away?

There are plenty allegations about Garda malpractice, but some people will never be convinced. Here's something from Bailey's high court case against the Guards and where it sounds quite reasonable to assert that some people didn't care who got hurt;

" Sergeant Mary Burbage, attached to the National Bureau of Criminal Investigation, said she was involved in the arrest of Ms Thomas on September 22, 2000, and was not aggressive to her.

Under cross-examination, she said she would have waited in Ms Thomas’s bedroom while Ms Thomas got dressed. She did not consider Ms Thomas was upset or scared. She agreed that Ms Thomas’s daughter Fenella, then aged 17, was upset the previous day, September 21, 2000, when arrested about 7.30am and interviewed during a 12-hour detention.

When Ronan Munro, for Mr Bailey, said that it was “nonsense” to arrest Fenella who had no motive to cover up for Mr Bailey as she did not like him, Sgt Burbage disagreed. She denied Fenella was arrested to get across to Jules Thomas that gardaí could arrest her children and “did not mind if a 17-year-old child got caught in the crossfire”.

There have been recent stories in the gutter press which seriously suggest that Jules Thomas has been telling them at some length about her private life and the 'shock' of splitting up with someone after more than 25 years. As if she would ever again speak to any of them following the muck they threw at her for years. Then people go on twitter accepting these stories like they were gospel truth. They're either being nefarious or they're very dumb

Yes, an upsetting experience for her no doubt. One can only imagine the trauma she must have felt in May `96 or for that matter in `93 when she would have been only 14. She comes across as a courageous lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭chooseusername

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DavidBradley

Didn't Jules change her initial statement from Bailey being in bed with her all night on the 22nd, because her daughter's statement to Garda conflicted with that? Then Jules told how Bailey 'got up easy', and 'about an hour', after they'd went to bed?

• Advertisement

And she would have got away with it too if it hadn`t been for those pesky kids. Sorry....couldn`t resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

lúdramán is not an annoying person. It's a drone bee...useless in other word.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 LeVealerooooo

I’m a native Irish speaker from the Gaeltacht, and we use it to describe a gom

Good grief, I've seen you post non stop on the crazy twitter feed and you try to give the impression you know all about this case, an expert. Yet, even after all your time spent waffling about it, you still dont even know the very basics.

Sheridan wrote Death in December, Reigel wrote A Dream of Death.

🙄🙄🙄

Immediately after welcoming me to the forum. Was it something I did? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Say a gom so. Obviously different parts of the country but a "luder" wouldn't be considered what you said where I came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭costacorta

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

That Nick Foster fellow is really pushing the limits of the imagination isn't he..?

A quarter of a century after the event, he finds out the route Bailey took on his trot to Sophies, a route Billy Bingham would be proud of.

Apart from never being seen with her, nor ever spoken about her to anyone, Bailey smashes her skull in for reasons still unknown..

According to Foster, we are then led to believe he swiped a bottle of wine, took a keepsake from her bludeoned body, then trotted off back to the Prairie to scrub up, and make Jules a pot of coffee...

Couple of things not adding up here (unless you have the bong pipe going..)

Bailey threw the wine into a ditch about a mile away... Unopened & Undrank.... C'mon!!!! At least tell us Bailey supped it and threw it!

Is Foster telling us that Bailey realised the bottle could hold evidence to place him at the scene? Even though he blabbed it to some lag on remand in prison for absolutely no reason??

And the souvenir he took to remember the occasion..? Still sports it to this day..?

Mother of God, I can only assume Foster is as high as a kite when he tweets nonsense like that..

Can't wait to hear what theory he has invented in his warped mind...

''So, after investigating Bailey thoroughly, I can confirm he was a trained cross country survivalist with a speciality of navigating the bleak moors at night. Being ultra fit and nimble on his feet, Bailey made light work of scrambling off road towards Sophie's house without being detected..

Unknown to everybody else in the community, Bailey had travelled down with Sophie from the airport when she had arrived, his keen ability to go incognito ensured the petrol attendant couldn't recognise him again..

Bailey had an arrangement with Sophie, they both shared an interest for poetry, movie making and the arts.. A passion they kept from every living soul in West Cork, they agreed to never be seen in public, or ever utter each others name to anybody else (as you do..)

On the tragic night in question, Bailey hopped, skipped and danced his way over the moors to Sophie's house, tried to throw the leg over, was rejected.... What else was a man to do? He headed to the pump house for a rock to clobber her with..

So with the job done, Bailey nicked a bottle of wine, scrambled back over the moors to clean himself up, and without batting an eyelid, poured the Mrs a coffee and headed off down town (again as you do)''

The keepsake - Well, you have to buy the book for that (already leaked on the net, it's a 'I killed Sophie hat')

This is the full damning truth that was relayed to me by Percy the Peado - A rock solid first hand witness

Anyone who buys this book needs their head testing.

I don't care if you think Bailey did it or not, don't embarrass yourself buying this claptrap. The man should be sectioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,947 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If Nick Foster knows so much about the wine, someone badger him on twitter to name it!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 LeVealerooooo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement