Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭djan

One of us is misunderstanding the term stable coin

Yup, a coin's price being stable does not make it a stablecoin but merely a coin with a stable price :)

What are people's opinions on HBAR? I've been reading and it seems that it not only addresses the main ESG concerns of other coins (AML/NYC carbon etc.) but the blockchain thing they use seems more advanced and useful than others, and already has major MNCS involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

djan wrote: »
    Yup, a coin's price being stable does not make it a stablecoin but merely a coin with a stable price :)

Yes. Something that can be stable long-term but also going higher and in a crash can still hold its stability regardless of others falling down the pit.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭sparkletooth

djan wrote: »

It was a $1.20 "stablecoin" for a a good bit of time. Nice to see it finally pumping. Hopefully it gets some projects...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭worded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

worded wrote: »

Your post is a little out of date. Have you not seen what happened yesterday?

Whelo79 wrote: »

what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭worded

Was the dog put down?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Was the dog put down?

Vitalik donated $1Bn in Shiba to the Indian covid relief fund and dumped all the other dog meme coins that had sent 50% of their minted tokens to him. He crashed almost everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

What are people's opinions on HBAR? I've been reading and it seems that it not only addresses the main ESG concerns of other coins (AML/NYC carbon etc.) but the blockchain thing they use seems more advanced and useful than others, and already has major MNCS involved.

A friend of mine who is a lot more knowledgeable than I has been very bullish on this for a number of months. Can't say I know too much myself. I don't see too much hype around it yet, which is a good thing. It definitely has room to grow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭patnor1011

I think Elon is heading full McAfee way. He is undoubtedly making money on every tweet he is making but him doing this is alienating quite a lot of his fan base as most of them are losing money in the process.
    Few more tweets and he end up like John when everybody will be just making fun of him and markets will hardly notice his future tweets.
    Like lastly when he said he is looking in some other eco friendly tokens. Clear pump and dump preparation only for him to make more.

I think that bitcoin futures made this whole volatility even worse as people like Elon are cleaning out long or short position whenever they choose to do so or when they feel like they need couple dollars more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

patnor1011 wrote: »
    I think that bitcoin futures made this whole volatility even worse as people like Elon are cleaning out long or short position whenever they choose to do so or when they feel like they need couple dollars more.
    He's worth $150bn. I doubt he's risking legal trouble for a bit of money

weemcd wrote: »
    A friend of mine who is a lot more knowledgeable than I has been very bullish on this for a number of months. Can't say I know too much myself. I don't see too much hype around it yet, which is a good thing. It definitely has room to grow.

Up a good 35% on the dollar today and up 50% on bitcoin. Great buy today or even if it's been held the last number of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Vitalik donated $1Bn in Shiba to the Indian covid relief fund and dumped all the other dog meme coins that had sent 50% of their minted tokens to him. He crashed almost everything.

Vitalik needs quit with the philanthropy and pull the finger out for Eth2

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭harmless

bfa1509 wrote: »
    Vitalik needs quit with the philanthropy to pull the finger out for Eth2

He slowed the growth of some shady meme tokens, lowered gas fees and sent crypto aid to a county that wants to ban it. All in one move.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Shedite27 wrote: »
    He's worth $150bn. I doubt he's risking legal trouble for a bit of money

It does not matter how much they or you or me have. Everyone wants more. It is that simple.
    Elon did business. He got stopped in China so he tweets about eco impact of bitcoin mining which is done mainly in China and voila... China reevaluated their position and will go ahead with original plans.
    It only take a while for people to see what is really going on what is sad is that many people lose in the process when rich people do what they feel like just to get more rich...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

It does not matter how much they or you or me have. Everyone wants more. It is that simple.
    Elon did business. He got stopped in China so he tweets about eco impact of bitcoin mining which is done mainly in China and voila... China reevaluated their position and will go ahead with original plans.
    It only take a while for people to see what is really going on what is sad is that many people lose in the process when rich people do what they feel like just to get more rich...
    china had shut down towns of miners weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Binance since Monday

Yes and Tesla made some money on bitcoin but make more money on selling carbon credits than selling cars. Their image of being green is their main priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

harmless wrote: »
    He slowed the growth of some shady meme tokens, lowered gas fees and sent crypto aid to a county that wants to ban it. All in one move.

I am in two minds about this. I agree with the above points, plus I suspect he’s fed-up with memecoin creators airdropping tokens to his wallets as some sort of proof of credibility and here he is sending them a message telling them to stop.

But on the other hand it is also true that a direct consequence of his action is the destruction of value for probably hundreds of thousands of people holding those tokens. I get that he isn’t scamming anyone and he did nothing to find himself in the situation whereby he is controlling a massive supply of those tokens, but still he made the choice to release that supply with fully knowledge of the consequences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Jackben75

Bob24 wrote: »
    I am in two minds about this. I agree with the above points, plus I suspect he’s fed-up with memecoin creators airdropping tokens to his wallets as some sort of proof of credibility and here he is sending them a message telling them to stop.

But on the other hand it is also true that a direct consequence of his action is the destruction of value for probably hundreds of thousands of people holding those tokens. I get that he isn’t scamming anyone and he did nothing to find himself in the situation whereby he is controlling a massive supply of those tokens, but still he made the choice to release that supply with fully knowledge of the consequences.

so what, buy s**t, eat s**t. I would of done the same in that position, only cements his profile in the space.

IMO short term loss to maintain integrity of ETH tokens, they must stand on the actual value that they provide. He has always been about utility over storeage of wealth. It's what sets ETH apart from bitcoin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

harmless wrote: »
    IMO short term loss to maintain integrity of ETH tokens, they must stand on the actual value that they provide. He has always been about utility over storeage of wealth. It's what sets ETH apart from bitcoin.

I don’t disagree, and possibly that was the better choice if it can stop this meme coin madness.

But it is a matter of perspective; it did have real negative financial consequences on many people which is a large responsibility he took on his shoulders. And while it might be seen as irrelevant, many of those people will hate him for this.

I don’t disagree, and possibly that was the better choice if it can stop this meme coin madness.

But it is a matter of perspective; it did have real negative financial consequences on many people which is a large responsibility he took on his shoulders. And while it might be seen as irrelevant, many of those people will hate him for this.

India needs the money more right now than people that invested in memes.

There can be no doubt about his stance on meme tokens now. Had he taken a softer approach not many would take notice.

$SHIB waking up...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Get in there. :)

This might sound mad but Musk selling cars and causing a big drop in coin prices is not good for the owners of the cars he is selling.

Doge way up now.

It was equal to XLM a few days ago but went way further down than XLM.

It's catching up fast but I wouldn't touch it.

So proof of work is bad for the environment unless it is dogecoin?
    And people actually listen to him :pac:

• Advertisement

I love the fluctuation in price.

Get in then out then in again. :)

Advertisement