Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Options

Comments

Anyway guys correct me if I'm wrong, I'm struggling with stop-loss-limit order on the exchange:

"stop" is when an order, whether is buy or sell, is triggered: we activate the exchange to sell/buy. And "limit" is when effectively the order goes. In case we want to mitigate our loss we trigger (stop) a sell order at 100 and we effectively sell at 90. In case to buy at a good price we trigger (stop) at 100 and we buy at 110. Can you correct me if I said wrong?

Very curious about this too. I got it wrong once and bought a load of BTC by accident. I just use limit orders now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,231 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Why? ETH mining is currently more profitable than ever before...

What kind of miner do you have?

Just using a 3090, and just about paid off the card by mining. But I'd also bought some Eth well back in the day.

Just feel the fees getting too high with ETH, everyones now at it. Would it be better to switch to a smaller but stable coin and build up again see if it goes the Eth way.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭JibJabWibWab

Just using a 3090, and just about paid off the card by mining. But I'd also bought some Eth well back in the day.

Just feel the fees getting too high with ETH, everyones now at it. Would it be better to switch to a smaller but stable coin and build up again see if it goes the Eth way.

What fees? my miner runs HiveOS, using Phoenixminer and there are no fees.

I think you'd be mad to stop mining ETH, it's by far the most profitable, and the value of ETH is only going to increase.

Also, AFAIK Monero can't be mined with a GPU, only a CPU...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,231 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

What fees? my miner runs HiveOS, using Phoenixminer and there are no fees.

I think you'd be mad to stop mining ETH, it's by far the most profitable, and the value of ETH is only going to increase.

Also, AFAIK Monero can't be mined with a GPU, only a CPU...

Oh I Mean by use of wallet, not HDD wallet. But on Monero I've been using the CPU for that and GPU for Eth. Might look into HiveOS and Pheonixminer., been using different software like nanopool, but so far it's been very reliable.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

LRC up 67% today. Only have a small amount but it had been doing nothing for months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

irish_goat wrote: »
    LRC up 67% today. Only have a small amount but it had been doing nothing for months.

Great to see, I could see this happening to a lot of coins over the next few weeks. Hopefully I hit some of them. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭sergioaguero

Hi Folk,

is that Coinsmart website any use to trade crypto on? i have already signed up as i got some free money on it and was wondering is it ok to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Mastroianni

Anyway guys correct me if I'm wrong, I'm struggling with stop-loss-limit order on the exchange:

"stop" is when an order, whether is buy or sell, is triggered: we activate the exchange to sell/buy. And "limit" is when effectively the order goes. In case we want to mitigate our loss we trigger (stop) a sell order at 100 and we effectively sell at 90. In case to buy at a good price we trigger (stop) at 100 and we buy at 110. Can you correct me if I said wrong?
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Binance actually seems the most reasonable for gas fees on eth.

Working out at around ~€24.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭sparkletooth

:confused:

You'd put a stop loss order in to protect against liquidation.

You only need to worry about stop loss orders if you're doing short trades. If you don't know how to trade just buy and hold.

A limit order is the lowest price you want to pay. It will trigger if the coin price hits that figure.

You can set hail Mary limit orders and get lucky if there's a large correction. Not always likely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭harmless

I think there is a problem with ethermine or something. My hashrate is a consistent 60mhs but it says my current is 79.1 and my daily earnings are $15.42, which seems high. I updated to the newest lolminer this morning.

No problem, reported and current are different because of the luck factor involved. It generally averages out over time.

You are earning a high amount in USD due to high ETH price and large activity on the network casing high gas prices with this gas going to miners as payment.

harmless wrote: »
    No problem, reported and current are different because of the luck factor involved. It generally averages out over time.

You are earning a high amount in USD due to high ETH price and large activity on the network casing high gas prices with this gas going to miners as payment.

Enjoy making those profits until eip1559 in July. Oh, and don't sell your ETH

Binance actually seems the most reasonable for gas fees on eth.

Working out at around ~€24.

If you have it in your own wallet and not a market you can set your own gas fees. There are sites with recommended gas fee based on speed of transaction, just never go lower than recommended or the miners will have no interest in adding it to the block.

Had a semi decent recovery today that's now been rugged.

This crypto business wouldn't be long pissing you off...

weemcd wrote: »
    Had a semi decent recovery today that's now been rugged.

This crypto business wouldn't be long pissing you off...

Tokens or a well established coin?

harmless wrote: »
    Tokens or a well established coin?

Pretty much all well established coins.

I bought a tiny amount of SHIB for the lols but majority of my holdings are LINK/ADA/SOL/HBAR

Oh my poor VET, why dost thou bleed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭patnor1011

weemcd wrote: »
    Pretty much all well established coins.

I bought a tiny amount of SHIB for the lols but majority of my holdings are LINK/ADA/SOL/HBAR

Well established coins are only 2 in my opinion. BTC and ETH.
    I may throw in few more like XMR and BNB as both do have some use one providing some anonymity other for the fees on exchange. Anything other is just hope to get somewhere for people who missed the train 10 years ago. I am not saying anything bad about any of the other coin and watching price changes on exchange when some do 100% and more up or down within a day is certainly opportunity how to make quick buck or lose your pants fast. I wish I know which one it will be tomorrow. One can try to spread few hundred or few thousands in different coins but while you can make it big on one or two you probably lose any gain on the rest anyway.

Oh my poor VET, why dost thou bleed?

Sorry but VET is way overvalued. I don't know how it's so high in MC. Maybe they paid CZ for that high listing on CMC perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭patnor1011

I do not know, it all seems crazy, I am watching ATM coin which is atletico madrid fan token going from 9$ to 14$ in a day and from 14$ to 24% in about hour. Some crazy pump going on there. :confused:
    Like why? lol altcoin market does not make any sense at all other than pump and dump schemes to lure in more sheep for slaughter.

and pump is going strong, nearing 28$ now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Unearthly

patnor1011 wrote: »
    I do not know, it all seems crazy, I am watching ATM coin which is atletico madrid fan token going from 9$ to 14$ in a day and from 14$ to 24% in about hour. Some crazy pump going on there. :confused:
    Like why? lol altcoin market does not make any sense at all other than pump and dump schemes to lure in more sheep for slaughter.

It's probably because they are about to win the league.

PSG used to pump before CL games.

Mad stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

patnor1011 wrote: »

https://fortune.com/2021/05/11/internet-computer-cryptocurrency-value-surges/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

seannash wrote: »

I really wish he would stop tweeting

Lol

Today has been ridiculous. I think I've had 3 recoveries and two dips and its just gone midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

Energy Web Token ($EWT) on a nice pump since the tweet.

seannash wrote: »

Elon giveth and Elon taketh away

Nano has shot up as a result

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭crushproof

Himself and his mates must be making an absolute fortune from these pumps and dumps that he can instigate

Advertisement