Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

yfIbZiKl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭The Mulk

weemcd wrote: »
    Hang in there!

I tell you that MATIC is an absolute beast this last 3 weeks or so.

Saved my bacon today!

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

FFVII wrote: »
    You're trying to talk yourself around. Ill never buy btc again.

Dunno if it'll survive. Who knows.

Good one. I’ve retired off BTC already. It’s going to $100k soon whether or not you like it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Maybe the real gains, were the friends we made along the way?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Jackben75 wrote: »
    there was a flash crash due to (was it Antpool) power outage back in 2017, Bitcoin crashed to $200 for a few mins and immediately returned to market value within minutes, the $200 (circa) price was only available for 10 - 20 secs, a few lucky punters did get lucky though

it has crashed a lot of times, i think maybe 7 or 8 since 2010. It's going to 250k and beyond eventually, patience young grasshopper

A market cap of $5.5 Trillion? Larger than the GDP of Japan or about the same as the UK and France combined? Does that sound realistic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,887 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

"It's not a loss until you sell."
    "1BTC = 1BTC."
    "Plateau of productivity."
    "Cheap coinz."
    "Honestly, I'm glad that the speculators are leaving."

and so on and so forth...
    How do you handle being so flat wrong all the time? Does it ever get embarrassing? A trawl through your post history (well your alt accounts histories) would show you making these predictions from 3 figures all the way up to here, literally thousands of % of gains lost to anyone who listens to you and the exact same thing will happen here.

In terms of pure opportunity cost you and your Johnnyflash account whose death you had to fake because it got so cringeworthy must be the worst person ever to give advice in the history of the Investments forum. Is there some level of value that will finally beat you over he head hard enough to drop the smugness and realise how wrong you've been?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

So is that the big dip over as Musk has bought in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Thargor wrote: »
    How do you handle being so flat wrong all the time? Does it ever get embarrassing? A trawl through your post history (well your alt accounts histories) would show you making these predictions from 3 figures all the way up to here, literally thousands of % of gains lost to anyone who listens to you and the exact same thing will happen here.

In terms of pure opportunity cost you and your Johnnyflash account whose death you had to fake because it got so cringeworthy must be the worst person ever to give advice in the history of the Investments forum. Is there some level of value that will finally beat you over he head hard enough to drop the smugness and realise how wrong you've been?

No need for the anger mate.

JohnnyFlash sadly passed away. He sadly missed to be honest. His sons eventually recovered the BTC he bought when it was around 4k. He had written his seed phrase on the back of a Viz mag. Think they sold the lot recently enough so made a nice profit. I'm sure Johnny would have got a good laugh from it all. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bankboucy

I told ya'll the Feds and the powers that be were coming after this space.....a week ago in laser eye thread, you called it FUD, I call it the truth:

- May 5th Bitcoin is at $58,000

- Elon Musk is the poster boy supporter, a global champion. Tesla accepts
    bitcoin, bitcoin on the balance sheet

- May 6th - Colonial Pipeline bitcoin denominated attack happens
    - Soon after Ireland HSE bitcoin denominated attack

- May 13th -Elon Musk, with 50% of his wealth tied up in a national defense
    contracting company called SpaceX, does a full 360.Hates Bitcoin.

-Inconceivable he got a phone call from his US national security pay masters in NASA, NSA, the WH to cut out the Bitcoin bull**** if he wants to keep SpaceX alive?

- May 18th - China comes out with three state agencies making a statement.....at worst bans crypto buying & selling through China financial institutions, at best says crypto will never be accepted as payment mechanism and is dangerous. But put crudely the CCP sh!ts all over crpytp

May 19th - Bitcoin hits $30,000 low for the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

bankboucy wrote: »
    - May 6th - Colonial Pipeline bitcoin denominated attack happens
    - Soon after Ireland HSE bitcoin denominated attack

I'm completely new to this thread just saw it on homepage, so forgive my cluelessness but do you mean the HSE is bitcoin denominated?

JohnnyFlash sadly passed away. He sadly missed to be honest. His sons eventually recovered the BTC he bought when it was around 4k. He had written his seed phrase on the back of a Viz mag. Think they sold the lot recently enough so made a nice profit. I'm sure Johnny would have got a good laugh from it all. RIP.
    Haha there must be a bit of embarrassment from it though, you did fake the accounts death like, remember when you boasted about voting in elections twice in the Politics forum but werent prepared for everyone there calling you a scumbag for it so you tried to double down by having the Pintman account declare he's a double voter aswell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Thargor wrote: »
    Haha there must be a bit of embarrassment from it though, you did fake the accounts death like, remember when you boasted about voting in elections twice in the Politics forum but werent prepared for everyone there calling you a scumbag for it so you tried to double down by having the Pintman account declare he's a double voter aswell :D

Most people with a holiday home do it pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 BizWiz66

I hadn't opened my ledger wallet for about a week, I opened it up today to have a quick look and closed it within 0.02 sec from opening. What has been seen cannot be unseen. Ladies, please stop selling, I just lost a BMW!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I thought my 0.1 bitcoin purchase buy order at 36k would have held the bears but they somehow got through my wall

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bankboucy

I'm completely new to this thread just saw it on homepage, so forgive my cluelessness but do you mean the HSE is bitcoin denominated?

I mean the ransom demand - was denominated in bitcoin

i.e. the irish government had to buy and send bitcoin to the criminals

• Registered Users Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭circadian

Just bought more when it hit $38.5k, looking like a bit of a recovery now, let's hope that holds up since that was the price point I was hoping it would test easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

Most people with a holiday home do it pal.

So you and JF were both double voters and both talk absolute ****e about BTC/crypto...hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

bankboucy wrote: »
    i.e. the irish government had to buy and send bitcoin to the criminals

The government hasn't paid and isn't paying them, they're in the process of reinstalling from backups, installing better safeguards for the nation's health data and reviewing their clearly incompetent procedures so something like this doesn't happen again.

It'd be silly to thank Bitcoin for making our health system more secure, but I've heard something that made precisely as much sense recently so feck it...
    Thank you BTC for helping our government finally pull their fingers out to keep our data secure.

HGVRHKYY wrote: »
    So you and JF were both double voters and both talk absolute ****e about BTC/crypto...hmmm
    Double voting holiday home owners dont you know, so thoughtful of the grieving family to inform a random meme account on Boards.ie when he passed away aswell wasnt it? Hilarious to watch someone who couldn't handle running 2 troll accounts on a message board at the same time without sh1tting the bed try to give financial advice.

• Advertisement

Finally managed to deposit and buy.

Missed half the dip but will watch and see if it falls more.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 BizWiz66

grindle wrote: »
    The government hasn't paid and isn't paying them, they're in the process of reinstalling from backups, installing better safeguards for the nation's health data and reviewing their clearly incompetent procedures so something like this doesn't happen again.

It'd be silly to thank Bitcoin for making our health system more secure, but I've heard something that made precisely as much sense recently so feck it...
    Thank you BTC for helping our government finally pull their fingers out to keep our data secure.

If the government decides to pay the ransom to the hackers, will Revenue go after them to the CGT paid? :eek:

I would not be too hard on the HSE. Better systems than many private businesses in actuality. I worked for one major bank about a decade ago which will remain unnamed, windows xp would have been a blessing, much business was done on ancient systems that were all command-line entry, couldn't even use a mouse. It wasn't even a system that was totally isolated either.

Would be a hard argument to make in the HSE to say that perfectly working extremely expensive machines should all be replaced because they won't work on the latest edition of windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,037 ✭✭✭✭unkel

It has to be said, Johnny / Paddy is a good story teller :D

Why don't you write up a funny story about how Johnny came to his end and how there's now only his saddened alter ego left?

circadian wrote: »
    Just bought more when it hit $38.5k, looking like a bit of a recovery now, let's hope that holds up since that was the price point I was hoping it would test easily.
    There's more dips to come. 40k is now the ceiling and not the floor. Yoyo-coin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Jesus that was a struggle all day on Binance. Finally got in a bought a few bits during the flash sale. Only started with Crypto last Christmas but very happy with my spread now. Stable coins in equal measure of sh!te :)

Still have huge gains from initial investment so I remain a good luck story...... so far.

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Jesus that was a struggle all day on Binance. Finally got in a bought a few bits during the flash sale. Only started with Crypto last Christmas but very happy with my spread now. Stable coins in equal measure of sh!te :)

Still have huge gains from initial investment so I remain a good luck story...... so far.

Took all day to get anything haha - first dip in the pond for me so hope it can go only one way really

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Semi decent recovery today considering absolutely nothing on my watchlist is green. I expect a lot more fùckery for the rest of this run.

But I'll say one thing, for all the shake-outs recently, this market loves recoveries...

Would ya ever feck off with that Paddy, ya abominable fibber :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Rezident

Finally! I've been waiting for it to drop below $40k for ages. These dips don't last as long as they used to.

Advertisement