Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Has anyone actually bought a tesla car with coins.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Hoboo wrote: »
    I know sfa about crypto. Bought 50 xrp a few weeks ago for the craic, should I just get rid now?

It's pocket change, why not just hold it.

Alt season well and truly over.

It might be only starting!

I never invested or bought or traded any crypto. But I will just say that people will tell you X/Y/Z. Those are guesses. They may be right and they may be wrong. I wouldn't have a dog in the fight but I don't like to see people losing money.

Best advice is the simple ones of don't put all your eggs in the same basket and don't risk more than you can afford to lose.

There is no "surely". That is my point.

Just wondering, why are you here if you don't own any crypto? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Momentarily broke over 40k there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

I think you’d be lucky to sell them all as XRP apparently force you to keep at least 20? Not up to speed on it so could be wrong.

Not true

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

I think you’d be lucky to sell them all as XRP apparently force you to keep at least 20? Not up to speed on it so could be wrong.

Who told you that rubbish? Don't listen to their advice in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Does no one else think it's odd that all the exchanges where you can trade BTC for actual money stopped trading when the price dropped yesterday?

Or how binance got its 1Bn magic tether injection to halt the fall.

Does that not concern you and make you think, there is something very dodgy here...maybe I'm going to get burned.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Did we survive the night? I threw some change at my 3 best coins last night at what I hope was near the bottom and then deleted kraken from my phone to take a step back for a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Did we survive the night? I threw some change at my 3 best coins last night at what I hope was near the bottom and then deleted kraken from my phone to take a step back for a day or two.

Tempted to do this with Binance... I'm probably checking it on my phone about 20 times a day which isn't healthy. Especially considering I don't plan on selling for a number of years.

• Advertisement

Does no one else think it's odd that all the exchanges where you can trade BTC for actual money stopped trading when the price dropped yesterday?

Does that not concern you and make you think, there is something very dodgy here...maybe I'm going to get burned.

I think that when millions of customers flock to an exchange or any website all of a sudden, it will suffer. The main cryptocurrency subreddit went down at various points yesterday too. Look at Ticketmaster when a very popular concert goes on sale.

I don't trust the exchanges as far as I can throw them but I don't suspect them going down yesterday was Robinhood/AMC-type shenanigans

Personally I had absolutely no problem accessing Binance yesterday and making trades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭OEP

Tether is dodgy as f**k

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

I think that when millions of customers flock to an exchange or any website all of a sudden, it will suffer. The main cryptocurrency subreddit went down at various points yesterday too. Look at Ticketmaster when a very popular concert goes on sale.

I don't trust the exchanges as far as I can throw them but I don't suspect them going down yesterday was Robinhood/AMC-type shenanigans

Personally I had absolutely no problem accessing Binance yesterday and making trades.

Yeah I was able to trade on my phone with Binance no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SummerK

I had no problems buying coins on Binance yesterday except that I was unable to deposit money using my credit card. I was able to add some money later at around 4PM and bought some BTC, ETH.

This guy says he predicted on 14th May that BTC would go down to $30k. He also says it would go back up to 43k and then all the way down to 20k and that's when he suggests going all in. https://www.kitco.com/news/2021-05-19/Bitcoin-price-plummets-to-30k-Gareth-Soloway-s-last-target-How-to-trade-after-collapse.html

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Stayed up late to watch the charts last night. Happy to see I can update my stop losses this morning.

Binance starting to act up again though...........Yup not showing my balance in the trade screens.

Kucoin working fine though.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Could this guy be right again?

https://www.kitco.com/news/2021-05-19/Bitcoin-price-plummets-to-30k-Gareth-Soloway-s-last-target-How-to-trade-after-collapse.html

He predicted bitcoin to fall to $30k(which obviously happened), then rise again to maybe $40-43k before falling again to as low as $20k then going to the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

aido79 wrote: »

https://www.kitco.com/news/2021-05-19/Bitcoin-price-plummets-to-30k-Gareth-Soloway-s-last-target-How-to-trade-after-collapse.html

He predicted bitcoin to fall to $30k(which obviously happened), then rise again to maybe $40-43k before falling again to as low as $20k then going to the moon.

I have never watched his videos, but have seen many of his titles/thumbnails with predictions that never came through. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Their own users DDoS'd the exchanges attempting to access them all at once.

What's this about tether? Any link?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

mdmix wrote: »
    I have never watched his videos, but have seen many of his titles/thumbnails with predictions that never came through. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

That was the first time I've watched any of his videos. Obviously there are lots of predictions going around at the minute and nobody can say for sure what's going to happen but after seeing what happened yesterday I'll be following what he's saying over the next few weeks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

aido79 wrote: »

A very smart guy I follow on twitter has also been saying this. Looking like it could be likely. Mini bear market/reset before another blast off.

I for one will be taking my money off the table in that case. And probably DCAing in afterwards. I would encourage others to do the same or at least take some profit. Nobody ever went broke taking profits.

Now, obviously you shouldn't get shaken out like yesterday but neither should you hold too long into uncertainty.

I don't want anyone here who is currently in profit to get rekt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Dicing with death in leverage trading. Not for the faint-hearted.

https://u.today/more-than-755000-crypto-traders-liquidated-in-one-day

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Dicing with death in leverage trading. Not for the faint-hearted.

https://u.today/more-than-755000-crypto-traders-liquidated-in-one-day

Yeah frankly the level of leverage being put in the hands of people who either don't understand it or are acting recklessly is just crazy.

And this is also what makes the market so volatile: a large part of yesterday's move was likely due to margin calls and forced liquidations.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Just wondering, why are you here if you don't own any crypto? :confused:

How much should one have to blindly buy before visiting here? Is there a rule. Maybe people are supposed to just throw at least a few k into it before trying to learn anything about it or posting? It does appear to be that way from some posts. Some posts seem informed but many others are just parroting memes and mantras.

It is interesting for me to observe the herd mentality. You are obviously very insecure yourself that you feel threatened by any "outsider" coming in that doesn't immediately repeat whatever mantra you want to hear. I never even said anything positive or negative about cryptocurrency itself.

The post you quoted was very very very simple advice that any child could understand. If for some reason, you don't think that it applies to you, then don't follow it. That is up to you. I wasn't addressing it to you. I was addressing it to the person who was positing that something was "surely" going to happen.

How much should one have to blindly buy before visiting here? Is there a rule. Maybe people are supposed to just throw at least a few k into it before trying to learn anything about it or posting? It does appear to be that way from some posts. Some posts seem informed but many others are just parroting memes and mantras.

It is interesting for me to observe the herd mentality. You are obviously very insecure yourself that you feel threatened by any "outsider" coming in that doesn't immediately repeat whatever mantra you want to hear. I never even said anything positive or negative about cryptocurrency itself.

The post you quoted was very very very simple advice that any child could understand. If for some reason, you don't think that it applies to you, then don't follow it. That is up to you. I wasn't addressing it to you. I was addressing it to the person who was positing that something was "surely" going to happen.

Jesus christ. You call some insecure and a child; and then wonder why people are "threatened" by you. Would you give it a rest.

Jesus christ. You call some insecure and a child; and then wonder why people are "threatened" by you. Would you give it a rest.

Whom did I call a child? Give it a rest yourself.

"Outsiders" are one thing, but go back a few days and look at your first few posts. I'm sure if they didn't contain that air of arsery, your opinions would have been more welcome or inviting of debate to others.

"Outsiders" are one thing, but go back a few days and look at your first few posts. I'm sure if they didn't contain that air of arsery, your opinions would have been more welcome or inviting of debate to others.

I don't really care whether you "welcome" any posts or not to be honest. You are free to ignore them if you don't like them. I'm not saying anything bad in them

I don't really care whether you "welcome" any posts or not to be honest. You are free to ignore them if you don't like them. I'm not saying anything bad in them

Thanks for proving my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

The reason Tesla isn’t accepting Bitcoin for purchases is that the carbon credits they get were going to be reduced as it’s not considered green.
    The board may have asked for some to be liquidated to prove the asset is tradable when needed. It’s two bad news stories after each other.
    A readjustment isn’t the worse thing to any boom marker.

I do wonder if Amazon and Bezos are involved, heard they were buying a huge amount from the miners at source.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

Potatoeman wrote: »
    The reason Tesla isn’t accepting Bitcoin for purchases is that the carbon credits they get were going to be reduced as it’s not considered green.
    The board may have asked for some to be liquidated to prove the asset is tradable when needed. It’s two bad news stories after each other.
    A readjustment isn’t the worse thing to any boom marker.

I do wonder if Amazon and Bezos are involved, heard they were buying a huge amount from the miners at source.

What do you think Tesla will accept then Ada maybe ETH
    Or the doge

Advertisement