Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Idioteque

Just catching up now on today's movements. Set a couple of buy limits yesterday on BTC at €30K and €25K and logged into the app just now to see they've gone through...happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

Gotta remember, those long holding whales from the sub $1000 days a few years back are probably very happy with their profits now after FUD from Elon and media reports about the Chinese Government. A lot of this is long term holds liquidating because of several things happening at once. FUD, US stock markets are a mess and many countries are moving towards a permanent reopening, some people have a LOT of cash that they can do things with now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

Idioteque wrote: »
    Just catching up now on today's movements. Set a couple of buy limits yesterday on BTC at €30K and €25K and logged into the app just now to see they've gone through...happy with that.

Nice work, great foresight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭OEP

circadian wrote: »
    Gotta remember, those long holding whales from the sub $1000 days a few years back are probably very happy with their profits now after FUD from Elon and media reports about the Chinese Government. A lot of this is long term holds liquidating because of several things happening at once. FUD, US stock markets are a mess and many countries are moving towards a permanent reopening, some people have a LOT of cash that they can do things with now.

Exactly. And they will buy back in again when it eventually bottoms out - rinse and repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭AH92

Damn so much FUD, just went crypto shopping there, money to be made!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Doge doubled in price for one minute at 2:16 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Phoebas wrote: »
    I'm not cut out for these volatile markets (unless they're volatile on the upside).

That said, if it bounces off 29k/30k again, I'd feel more comfortable about buying in again. Right now it looks like it could be a falling knife.

Aye I wouldn't be confident buying now even if it is tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

Finally got into Kraken. 3,000,000 sats acquired at $35k.

Wasn’t planned but needs must.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭shawki

Idioteque wrote: »

I had a buy limit on ETH at €1,500 on Binance and it dropped to €1,510 for a split second..:rolleyes:

Edit: Don't know why I used past tense, I still have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

You're trying to talk yourself around. Ill never buy btc again.

Dunno if it'll survive. Who knows.

• Advertisement

I really wish you wouldn't use sats :P

This is 0.03BTC to the lay person

FFVII wrote: »
    You're trying to talk yourself around. Ill never buy btc again.

Dunno if it'll survive. Who knows.

If I had spare cash, I'd be loading up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Trying to load up but Binance is down

• Registered Users Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

If I had spare cash, I'd be loading up

Sounds like someone wants that price to rise ;)

Then again, we all do! :o

To be totally honest, I'm too scared to re-buy in at the current prices. I held in 2018 so I can hold again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Was trying to buy earlier but Binance won't load any coins in the Credit card purchase option

Assume this will sort itself out eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭chabsey

Was trying to buy earlier but Binance won't load any coins in the Credit card purchase option

Yeah Binance and its API are going dog slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

I was looking at getting a crypto loan but all the platforms seemed to have a high risk of liquidation. if I had borrowed from AAVE yesterday, I would have been liquidated as soon as the my collateral USD value went down by 40%, which would have happened.

Is there any platform that gives a bit more flexibility? Celsius seem to, but as they are centralised they can't offer loans in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Flash crashing all over the exchanges.

They're the big winners today. Use to be just kraken but all at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

"It's not a loss until you sell."
    "1BTC = 1BTC."
    "Plateau of productivity."
    "Cheap coinz."
    "Honestly, I'm glad that the speculators are leaving."

and so on and so forth...

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Idioteque

shawki wrote: »
    I had a buy limit on ETH at €1,500 on Binance and it dropped to €1,510 for a split second..:rolleyes:

Yeah I normally set the limits slightly above a flat number as reckon many go for flat figures and you'll get people trading ahead of that....reminds me of the old days in Dublin trying to get a cab on Dame street with massive queues and then everyone walking a bit further ahead of each other out of town to get it before the masses :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

"1BTC = 1BTC."
    "Cheap coinz."

I wouldn't be fond of the Bitcoin but when I go on it I go on it hard. I'd buy about 200 Bitcoin in about 2 hours and then have a packet of peanuts or a packet of crisps and I'd buy a few more. And I'd get up the next morning and Mary would say are we millionaires yet and I'd go at it again. I'd take the shirt off any mans back the bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

"1BTC = 1BTC."
    "Cheap coinz."

Cry harder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Idk why but i sold most of my crypto last night bar xrp, btc, and tron. Put it in gme and amc. Was very happy today that I did. If I can make a bit of that during the squeeze and but the crypto back cheaper i'll be happy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Deposit FIAT by card has recently come back to life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

I say thank god the exchanges crash. It has the same affect as a market halt, it gives people a chance to come to their senses and HODL to the bitter end.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

nbGDyN9l.jpg

Son of a b**ch. Apparently while so many people couldn't log in to their exchanges/apps, something like $200 billion flowed into the market.

Different rules for some!

Rob2D wrote: »
    nbGDyN9l.jpg

Son of a b**ch. Apparently while so many people couldn't log in to their exchanges/apps, something like $200 billion flowed into the market.

Different rules for some!

Explains the rise on now so

Thats a pain, been trying to get in most of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

shawki wrote: »

Sickening

Graham wrote: »
    Deposit FIAT by card has recently come back to life.

Still no coins show when i try buy with card.

OH well not to be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,264 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I wouldn't be fond of the Bitcoin but when I go on it I go on it hard. I'd buy about 200 Bitcoin in about 2 hours and then have a packet of peanuts or a packet of crisps and I'd buy a few more. And I'd get up the next morning and Mary would say are we millionaires yet and I'd go at it again. I'd take the shirt off any mans back the bastards.

Cheese and onion or salt and vinegar?

Something more exotic?

Advertisement