Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200 people celebrate a wedding in Longford.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭threeball

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Why do they deserve to jump the cue over anyone else?

The same reason they get special treatment when it comes to taxing their car, or paying a fine, or tresspassing or refuse to wear a mask,...or... or.... or. The never ending list of sh1t thats overlooked.

Its easier to let them off and do what they want than deal with them.

From the day they're born all they do is cause the rest of us hassle and cost us money. Free healthcare, Free education including all clothes and books, free housing, free legal aid, etc. etfcukingcetera.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Racism.

Seriously though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Who made this decision?
    On what grounds?
    What are the repercussions of deciding not to enforce an injunction after all the effort put into getting it? Does this happen often? Does it set a precedent?

Honestly i imagine (just my guess) that a small number of Gardai made the decision that there was no peaceful way to deal with a quite frankly very large number of less than peaceful individuals.

The potential consequences and risks of forceful removal outweighed the risks of leaving it go.

Sure its sickening and we would love to see the foot put down but it was probably the sensible option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Caquas

Who made this decision?
    On what grounds?
    What are the repercussions of deciding not to enforce an injunction after all the effort put into getting it? Does this happen often? Does it set a precedent?

These are the questions Mr. Justice Keenan Johnson wants answered and he will decide on the repercussions.
    A list of names was handed to the court including those of the bride and groom, marquee supplier Ventura Limited and the catering company.

Judge Keenan Johnson directed they appear before a special sitting of the court on Monday at 2pm.

Will the happy couple interrupt their honeymoon to enlighten M’Lud?

The owner of the marquee (Ventura Marquee Hire) will explain that he has been striving day and night to pay his taxes after he found himself, due to an unfortunate and most regrettable oversight, on the Revenue defaulters list

https://www.revenue.ie/en/corporate/press-office/list-of-defaulters/2020/defaulters-list-part-2-sept2020.pdf

Tune in next Monday.

https://www.rte.ie/news/leinster/2021/0506/1214202-longford-wedding/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,649 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Looks like they're being targeted as one of the first groups to receive the J&J vaccines too.

Why do they deserve to jump the queue over anyone else?

I think the main point behind them getting the J&J vaccine is that they are less likely than settled folk to come back for a second jab.

Considering how they had a high level of COVID cases in their community it should go a long way towards reducing our national case numbers so don't be getting too outraged at the idea

I should also say they're looking to vaccinate the homeless with this vaccine first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

I think the main point behind them getting the J&J vaccine is that they are less likely than settled folk to come back for a second jab.

Considering how they had a high level of COVID cases in their community it should go a long way towards reducing our national case numbers so don't be getting too outraged at the idea

I should also say they're looking to vaccinate the homeless with this vaccine first.

Homeless I can get behind, the others I cannot. They make a choice to be the way they are, homeless rarely do.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Well thats on them if they are less likely to return for a second jab, they shouldn't jump the queue because it suits them.

So they act the ejit with restrictions then think their irresponsible behavior should entitle them to it first to ease things.

Homeless people have no choice, and Id be happy to see those vulnerable to receive it first.

The Traveler community should wait until its their turn, like everyone else.

Homeless I can get behind, the others I cannot. They make a choice to be the way they are, homeless rarely do.

I get that, scientifically it makes sense to vaccinate the communities where cases are high to cut transmission but politically it's suicide because it looks like they are rewarding bad behaviour but numbers would crash

Well thats on them if they are less likely to return for a second jab, they shouldn't jump the queue because it suits them.

So they act the ejit with restrictions then think their irresponsible behavior should entitle them to it first to ease things.

Homeless people have no choice, and Id be happy to see those vulnerable to receive it first.

The Traveler community should wait until its their turn, like everyone else.

If they don't return for second jabs then we could get wasted doses that could otherwise go into peoples arms, which one is worse in your books?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,841 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ireland is a very very weak country, where the cowardly Garda run from travelers , yet will harass and abuse the old and vulnerable .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,963 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Has there been any explanation from the football club who I assume permitted the marquee to be erected on their land? I've not heard a sausage about this aspect of this appalling carry on.

Already video footage doing the rounds on social media of the event in full swing. Not alone did this shower put their numerous two fingers up to those adhering to the law, their arrogance and contempt on full view via social media, I'm sure their proud of themselves.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ireland is a very very weak country, where the cowardly Garda run from travelers , yet will harass and abuse the old and vulnerable .
    It's tricky because of they move in hard then the next day there will be a lot of "feedback" from Pawee and other NGOs about the fascist Gardaí..
    Gardaí need direction from the top, Martin or Stephen Donnelly saying "We don't care if you have a wedding, break it up anyway".

In the UK you see Police entering travelers sites and dragging their man out by the hair on his head, in Ireland the Guards are cowards and run the other way. It's quite comical.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Has there been any explanation from the football club who I assume permitted the marquee to be erected on their land? I've not heard a sausage about this aspect of this appalling carry on.

Already video footage doing the rounds on social media of the event in full swing. Not alone did this shower put their numerous two fingers up to those adhering to the law, their arrogance and contempt on full view via social media, I'm sure their proud of themselves.

LOLz , Good one .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

This is just bull. When you have large number of people like this it is very hard to control its better to contain and follow up after with fines etc

• Registered Users Posts: 25 hustlenbustle

I hope they do follow up with fines - if anyone else on this island did this they'd be fined for sure! Somehow I have my doubts it will happen here. One law for us and another one for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rdwight

Maybe people went to the marquee thinking it was where they were to get their "priority list" vaccinations.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,102 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Can we name and shame the club or have the media named them yet?
    I think every person in this country should write a complaint to the club secretary.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

This is just bull. When you have large number of people like this it is very hard to control its better to contain and follow up after with fines etc

So do ya reckon people are more likely to just copy this going forward or less likely?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Longford and Louth are the 2 biggest kip counties in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Doubt it very much if the club gave them permission, the don't need permission anyway, never did,
    The do what the please as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭penny piper

Longford and Louth are the 2 biggest kip counties in Ireland.

Idk about Louth....but I do know Longford and it's a definitely depressing town....
    it's really noticeable the amount of doctor's surgeries in Longford along with chemist shops ...must be alot of sick people there....added to the fact alot of shops are closed on the main street....not a good look at all.
    Longford is a place to pass through....quicker the better.

mgn wrote: »
    Doubt it very much if the club gave them permission, the don't need permission anyway, never did,
    The do what the please as usual.

I believe the land/gaa club was Council owned hence them taking the injunction to have it removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

agree,if it was a church they’d have shut it down rapid....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,925 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    agree,if it was a church they’d have shut it down rapid....

In fairness a handful of oldies and a priest vs a crowd of 200 well sauced travellers and handy with the fisticuffs. No comparison.

Try breaking that up without a few heads cracked open. They don't play by our rules.

They are like 18th and 19th century Irish who didn't give a sh1t about law or peelers and hammered the crap out of each other at fairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

In fairness a handful of oldies and a priest vs a crowd of 200 well sauced travellers and handy with the fisticuffs. No comparison.

Try breaking that up without a few heads cracked open. They don't play by our rules.

Armed riot squad and handcuff them into the paddywaggon. I wouldn’t waste a dog on them. Impound and crush all their cars while being booked and waiting for their toasted bacon butties and litte of coke for the cell.
    They’re afraid of the german cops - no **** with them - caravans, cars, everything towed and taken. We’ve been allowing them be let off for years. Should be a judicial review on this whole farce - and where is CAB???? As always - where is CAB and Social Welfare Inspectors and Revenue? Maybe they’ll read this and start digging.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

In the UK you see Police entering travelers sites and dragging their man out by the hair on his head, in Ireland the Guards are cowards and run the other way. It's quite comical.

Don't blame the individuals for working in such a restricted system. In a world where video footage is heavily edited before being put on Youtube and its followers demanding the personal details of individual gardaí to harass them - not to mention the every increasing oversight bodies being introduced to monitor garda behaviour - is it really cowardly to not risk your career despite you doing what you think is in the interest of justice?

Do you think management and politicians would have backed individual gardaí going in and shutting this party down with batons drawn? This is the country that deemed Abbeylara a wrong doing by the guards despite international observers saying they were too soft.

Sure many would have supported the outcome in theory - but just wait for the edited videos and claims of police brutality; which would lead to months of stress for those guards while they're being investigated and their careers potentially destroyed with a chance of prosecution based on misinformation.

Unless politicians are willing to take a hard stance on crime and support the vast majority of honest and hard working gardaí then we're only going to see more and more of this softly softly approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

We have a Garda Public Order Unit trained to deal with situations like this, why were the not send in, the had plenty of notice.

If the are afraid of them, time to get a new job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭celt262

mgn wrote: »
    We have a Garda Public Order Unit trained to deal with situations like this, why were the not send in, the had plenty of notice.

If the are afraid of them, time to get a new job.

Maybe they didn't want to end up on the ruin a wedding thread on boards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

How is this racist thread still going?

Advertisement