Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub3k) of the week/day Part 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-1-4-55-000-miles-nct-amp-tax/28141709?campaign=3

NGZmZGVmYjE2ZDI4MDk5MmFkZGRiNTEwNjA1YTY0NjfmKDOVTG0mvQpRxJ6WGKc4aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xODA2OTMxNTh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Tiny mileage (55k) Corolla saloon with test til November and tax til August, FSH and 1 previous owner, €1390

Looks nice. This fella always has nice cars like this

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a6-1-9-tdi-se-130bhp/28046229

MzczNzRmNjg0NDE1OTZkMmRlN2QwMDllOWQyM2QwZTSOb_4KlY4H53Gd-TYHuc4GaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzk1MTIxODN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Tidy looking 130 bhp A6 avant with test til September and tax til July, long term owner, €1000

Bangernomics favourite. This looks lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-1-4-55-000-miles-nct-amp-tax/28141709?campaign=3

NGZmZGVmYjE2ZDI4MDk5MmFkZGRiNTEwNjA1YTY0NjfmKDOVTG0mvQpRxJ6WGKc4aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xODA2OTMxNTh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Tiny mileage (55k) Corolla saloon with test til November and tax til August, FSH and 1 previous owner, €1390

Looks nice. This fella always has nice cars like this

Has Luna badge, but isn’t one.
    Devalues it!

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Are the 508s reliable though?

Yes they are- major improvement on the 407. Fine big tank of a car, not really bangernomics yet though

Despite what I've read about them reliability wise, I cant help like this 407 priced at €975

New NCT until 5/22
    More reliable 2.0hdi
    Cheap tax at €400
    Heated leather, cruise. Think these high spec UK ones came with sat nav and xenons too.

Boot looks like its had a knock? Anyway, a nice yoke to cruise along at 120km/h

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-407/27985976?campaign=14

553061.jpeg

That one is great value- nice spec, decent big safe car and a years test- what more would you want for under €1k? Also it’s the 2.0l which was infinitely better than the flaky 1.6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Two pearlers there today lads.

The Corolla is about as good as bangernomics gets. You could happily run that for the next 5 or 6 years with no hassle more than likely.

The Audi is a gorgeous car obviously and looks in great order for small money. I'd guess the 350k is miles rather than kms but to the right person... you would love to stick a fresh engine and box in it, classic insurance may be around the corner as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,569 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I'd have the 407 out of them 3. The 407 has something that the Corolla and Audi do not have Character and soul.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭CoBo55

AMKC wrote: »
    I'd have the 407 out of them 3. The 407 has something that the Corolla and Audi do not have Character and soul.

Alright alright we get it, you're a Peugeot fanboy, well you're certainly unique....

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Alright alright we get it, you're a Peugeot fanboy, well you're certainly unique....

I love Peugeot too, though the 407 wasn’t exactly their finest hour- their early 2000s to 2010 stuff is best forgotten but they now have one of the most competitive mainstream ranges- still for under €1k there’s nothing wrong with that- lot of car for the money

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Mid 00's Peugeots were piles of dung. The 107 was ok, 206 was woeful, 207 was better. 407 wasn't a patch on the 406, 607 was pointless and the 807 was a barge that couldn't compete with the Galaxy on ability or price. None of them were reliable.

And I was a Peugeot salesman between 2006 and 2009

• Advertisement

The 206 gets slated but why did/do so many of them survive? I still see lots of them about, 15-20 years old at this stage.
    The 107 was/is a platform share with the Toyota Aygo so I guess they shared a lot of parts.

Do 206's still survive? I can't remember the last time I saw one. Most of them have chewed through their back axle by now.

For a car that sold in such large numbers, there's only 50 of them on Donedeal and most of them look as rough as a badger's ar5e

Do 206's still survive? I can't remember the last time I saw one. Most of them have chewed through their back axle by now.

For a car that sold in such large numbers, there's only 50 of them on Donedeal and most of them look as rough as a badger's ar5e

There’s three in my estate alone! I see them all the time, disappearing now faster though. My brothers gf had one up to a few years ago, scrapped it for a new 208 which is a lovely car to be fair. The garage didn’t even scrap if after- it was still knocking about as a cheap runabout!
    That’s a lot- they haven’t been available new for 15 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

206 all the girls wanted.....

Now it's the fiat 500

206 all the girls wanted.....

Now it's the fiat 500

At least the Fiat 500 has some redeeming qualities.

Back to that 407 above, at that money it's disposable if/when it goes bang. It's got the better 2.0 engine and probably the best spec I've ever seen on a 407. Leather was an expensive factory option on the Irish market (€2500 iirc in 2008).

90% sold here were the 1.6 ST/Solaire.

At least the Fiat 500 has some redeeming qualities.

Back to that 407 above, at that money it's disposable if/when it goes bang. It's got the better 2.0 engine and probably the best spec I've ever seen on a 407. Leather was an expensive factory option on the Irish market (€2500 iirc in 2008).

90% sold here were the 1.6 ST/Solaire.

A 206 the pedals were way too close exactly like the 106....

The pedals in the 500 are ok but by God is it cramped, I can't sit in it at all, she has one.

The pedals in the 500 are ok but by God is it cramped, I can't sit in it at all, she has one.

Drove an abarth one recently and my left knee was in bits after 10 minutes from rubbing off the centre console

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Designed for Parisian beauties in high heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I was all set to buy a 206 when they came out. Couldn’t drive it.

Probably for the best.

colm_mcm wrote: »

Probably for the best.

Best idea, was friends with a lad that bought one, don't know why he did he was 6foot 3.... He bought it new, hub caps and all :-) couldn't believe it...

• Advertisement

Best idea, was friends with a lad that bought one, don't know why he did he was 6foot 3.... He bought it new, hub caps and all :-) couldn't believe it...

They were very stylish when they came out. Reeled a lot of people in I’d imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Designed for Parisian beauties in high heels.

I suspect the LHD ones are fine,

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

I remember the 206 having really good residual values and was something that Peugeot pushed in their newspaper ads at the time. I drove one for a few hours years ago when my sister had one briefly. Not woeful but the spacing of the pedals was dangerous! Haven't seen one in a long while

Anyway, another bangernomics favourite:

1.8 petrol Civic, NCT 02/22, Heated leather up front. I love a sub 2k car with nice spec. This one is looking for €1,450. I'll likely go for one of these when the Celica dies.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-civic-brand-new-nct-03-2022-2-x-keys/28116909

553743.jpeg

553745.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

colm_mcm wrote: »

Probably for the best.
    I remember the 206 having really good residual values and was something that Peugeot pushed in their newspaper ads at the time. I drove one for a few hours years ago when my sister had one briefly. Not woeful but the spacing of the pedals was dangerous! Haven't seen one in a long while

Shared a 106 with my sister and when I was away in Oz she got a 206 for herself. She had it years [still on street view from 2009], but I hated driving it. The pedals as said everywhere were awfully dangerous. Everything about the driving position was uncomfortable for me too. And I have spent more time in the missus' K12 Micra the last 3 years than I care to remember.

I even hated the weird lump and jump the wipers did.

That being said, the facelifted still looks fresh after all these years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Yeah that looks great for the money!

Tell us more about the Celica :pac:

Yeah that looks great for the money!

Tell us more about the Celica :pac:

:) yours looks in better nick body wise from what I've seen tbf . Bought in September last year and, despite working from home and not really needing a car, I've put the guts of 10k miles on it. Enjoyable oul yoke, even in 140 form. be interested to hear your own thoughts

Ms

Mid 00's Peugeots were piles of dung. The 107 was ok, 206 was woeful, 207 was better. 407 wasn't a patch on the 406, 607 was pointless and the 807 was a barge that couldn't compete with the Galaxy on ability or price. None of them were reliable.

And I was a Peugeot salesman between 2006 and 2009
    Your wrong there. The 207 was very reliable. The brother had one up untill recently, it never gave on once of trouble and the only reason he changed is because he needed a bigger car and more room.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

1.8 petrol Civic, NCT 02/22, Heated leather up front. I love a sub 2k car with nice spec. This one is looking for €1,450. I'll likely go for one of these when the Celica dies.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-civic-brand-new-nct-03-2022-2-x-keys/28116909

553743.jpeg

553745.jpeg

That looks a fantastic example.

One bug bear of mine though. He has the mileage wrong. He says in the ad 152k km. Dash reads 250k km which translates to about 155k miles. So could be just a mix up but something to question him on if someone goes to look at it.

• Advertisement
    Ms

553743.jpeg

553745.jpeg
    That's class. Love the beige. Never seen it in that Civic before. If I were you I would buy that Civic now. Not too many Civics like that around.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement