Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXV-956,720 ROI (5,952 deaths) 452,946 NI (3,002 deaths) (08/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Yeah you really should stop that . Let people have the correct information and make up their own minds .

The central African countries had very low death rates from COVID. Main reason being they had relatively few people over 60. We locked up everyone for a disease that overwhelmingly affects people over 60. And we completely failed to protect them. And we managed to halt screening programmes that saved lives and still the large multinationals were allowed to operate as normal while the small businesses were shut down. Our COVID policy was a hypocritical disaster.

Ok ...which countries ? Central Africa..?

Have they submitted testing data or regular statistics ?

Can you say for sure , absolutely 100% , that what you posted there is true and prove it ?

There are many poorer countries that look like they have lower rates because they weren't testing or recording .

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭hometruths

I thought his "Who fact checks the fact checkers" video was very good. The calm, matter of fact manner in which he pointed out the absurdity of facebook factchecking the BMJ spoke volumes about some of the insanity going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Doc07

Yes some aren’t so bad, which makes it all the more disappointing when he deliberately misleads about studies and trials in other videos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭DLink

That's the best laugh I had in a while, omicron killed off any need for a "vaccine".

If the fact that Ukraine and other countries with low vaccine uptake haven't turned into one big cesspit of disease riddled zombies without the vaccine, and they are doing just fine (Russian terrorism excepted), what makes you think the vaccine will improve a situation that obviously doesn't need improving?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

I don't think anyone ever claimed that coronavirus lead to the rising of the dead.

People might not be so willing to take in refugees if they aren't vaccinated. Older people ,people with conditions etc

Yeah . He was fact checked himself by the BBC over repeating an untruth about the numbers of those that died and not clarifying . He was very calm and he apologised and made attempts to take it back and repair the damage , but those untruths and the fact that John Campbell said ...was out there and repeated , and repeated ...

Dangers of being a YouTube star .

That's it isn't it? Anyone who tests positive and then later dies is a "death with COVID". Doesn't matter if they have stage 4 cancer, heart failure or any number of other terminal conditions. The statistics are laughable.

And as for 100% proof? You can't prove any of your stats either as they are so biased to make COVID look like it's responsible for every death in the last 2 years.

Dr. Coetzee exposed the lies from South Africa. https://youtu.be/KgMrO9i4sy0

No one gives covid a second thought any more, you're putting fear where there isn't fear.

People with serious conditions, the "Vulnerables", most certainly shouldn't be letting strangers near them, we protected them for long enough and if they haven't learned that lesson by now, well off with them, not our problem.

But on the off chance people who are that fearful of the covid still exist, then they most likely wouldn't be opening their doors to any strangers, whether they're clean, vaccinated, King Tony disciples, or unclean Ukrainians, so it's a non issue.

Get your dose of covid now and you're clean for the winter 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭hometruths

In fairness the BBC factchecking an individual YouTuber is not quite as alarming as facebook factchecking the British Medical Journal, deeming their content to be harmful and refusing to allow the public to read or share it on their platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

"We protected "them" ( members of our communities who are elderly and those who have serious health problems) for long enough"

How lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,477 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Hong Kong was hit hard when Omicron hit a large number of vulnerable people.

So no, Omicron did not kill off the need for vaccination.

Putting "vaccine" in quotes is a dead giveaway you're just dog whistling.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

You keep pushing that vaccine rock up that hill, good for you, boards.ie thanks you for your efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,831 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I think this winter will be a really tough one for frontline healthcare workers because of Covid and Flu. We still don't have the service to cope with it. A doctor on the radio earlier said that we did get a huge amount of natural immunity over the last 6 months because of the high transmission rates for the latest variants and that will help.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

That's what a lot of people were saying all along, stop telling grown ups what to do. Let people take their own risk assessment s and be trusted to be responsible.

But it's in vogue for a certain denomination of people to still try to guilt shame individuals who did or didn't draw the line.

Get vaccinated to protect others who are vaccinated already, and you have a choice but if you don't make the right choice you're a potential killer. Even though 95% of people are protected,and the remaining percentage made a choice which they're entitled to. But their entitlement was the wrong choice. But they have a choice.

That's the kind of manipulation and head feckery that was going on during the time of confusion.

A bit like a cult or sociopathic so called spiritual retreat.

Every winter is a tough one for the health service, and it has been that way for years. I can't remember a year when it hasn't been tough.

No one cared before covid, but then covid came along and we copied the Chinese system of lockdowns & restrictions on the population.

When they discovered that for the greater good we'd roll over as a population, take their restrictions and ask for more, they now keep that big stick in their back pocket and threaten us with it at will.... stop acting normal and being human or we'll make you wear masks again, you naughty plebs.

All the time & money that was wasted by almost two years of lockdowns, and nothing has changed, the health service is still in crisis.

People will get keep getting sick as covid is now endemic, it's not going away, just drop the theatre of restrictions and carry on.... fix the health service and go away with your big sticks.

The problem with the big sticks is they're dished out metaphoric bamboo's to certain people. So instead of them getting the blame, they laid out the ground work

Through the media and political clout a huge percentage of people decided to give themselves a black belt in Bōjutsu and acted like sensei's.

It'll be looked back in history as one of the biggest psy-ops in modern times.

Fortunately for me and my dad we can't get hypnotized, Sinclair tried it on my dad year's ago, I went for hypnotherapy for a surf injury I had at Riley's wave in Clare a few years ago to get me back into the water. The hypnotherapist told me sorry but he can't help me. Now I'm still petrified of swells bigger than 5ft.

Fear can be crippling and so can post traumatic events.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,491 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

That can't happen unless those people sign a waiver that they won't go for treatment when sick (Ireland has never denied treatment this way). Its why democracies have the idea of the "greater good" enshrined and why things like quarantine exist.

Look at the USA where all the idiots were screaming for vaccines after getting sick when it was too late and ended up dying on a respirator, 90%+ of those people would have lived if vaccinated. The vast majority wouldn't have needed a hospital bed either reducing the burden on the health system.

Now, people largely followed the rules in the absence of a mandate, Denmark saw the effects of lockdowns in high infection rate areas before lockdowns were actually implemented, but they can't be relied upon when the alternate is an overrun hospital and people dying unnecessarily and the health system doesn't discriminate so idiot anti-vaxxer loon is just as likely to be treated as triple vaxxed person with underlying condition.

hypnotherapy is generally a scam and only works if people want it to work, you would need to see a psychiatrist and they'll readily admit that they may not be able to cure you of the phobia.

It's not a phobia, it's a real fear @astrofool

Being honest I went out of my dept into a wave I couldn't handle. My own fault. I admit that I did something stupid and paid the price.

Riley's wave isn't for the faint hearted. Usually guys who have that fear gene switched off paddle out there. I had the silly gene switched on that morning. Although I caught two good one's, the third set swallowed me up and spat me out onto the slab.

But thanks for the suggestion.

Maybe I'm getting too old for pushing myself beyond my limitations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭walus

Talking about small sample size. 

CDC downgraded the J&J vaccine indicating that it should only be used when mRNA is not available. This decision effectively ‘killed’ the J&J vaccine. Sample size = 9 deaths for which ‘causal association’ was established.

In comparison the Florida study looked at a total number of 77 deaths that met the inclusion criteria for young men.  

Florida study is based on a much stronger data than a number of CDC or FDA studies that where still deemed good enough to shape the policy around vaccines and were used as endorsements for other measures and restrictions.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

The people who did the study said that it was one of its limitations, that further study was needed and that no policy decisions should be based on it.

The people who got vaccinated were not the same as the people who didn't get vaccinated.

It is reasonable to think that the vast majority of people with health issues considered themselves more vulnerable, and got vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,491 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I think a lot of people push beyond when they can, I know I certainly have, so not really something to blame yourself for, you can be lucky or unlucky with what happens when doing it, but it's not something I'd trust a hypnotherapist with :) (and there will be people where it works great and will extoll the virtues of it, but it was likely something they could have overcome by themselves anyway and the hypnotherapy either gave them the excuse or confidence to follow through on it).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭PeadarCo

At best most "alternative medicine" treatments work on the basis of the placebo effect. Which is grand if the treatment itself is essentially harmless and the illness/injury is minor. But for any remotely serious illness you need far more than the placebo effect. Faith in alternative medicine may stop a person seeking qualified medical help before its too late ie cancer. Also alternative medicine is largely unregulated and many of the remedies are dangerous eg Miracle mineral solution which is just a form of bleach.

For all the talk of big pharma people forget why there is so much regulation and testing required to get anything approved. It's to prevent scammers selling people stuff that doesn't work and people dying as a result.

There is huge money to be made in "alternative medicine" as you only need to come with a fancy story you can sell nearly anything to desperate/gullible/uninformed people.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

For all the talk of big pharma people forget why there is so much regulation and testing required to get anything approved. It's to prevent scammers selling people stuff that doesn't work and people dying as a result.

That does not appear to have been in operation in the case of these Covid jabs ...... people being coerced and shamed to take them even before they are out of their trials.

People being persuaded the jabs would prevent illness although the initial trials did not even have that as an end point.

So much for 'regulation and testing' prior to being rolled out.

People do have a choice. But whether its " right" or "wrong" while subjective to a degree, also depends on culture, education, and in this case of Covid vaccination, very importantly, as its a new choice, listening to accurate verifiable information.

If a person chooses to take their health information choices from Facebook or You Tube without adequate research into who they are hearing it from, and if the people delivering it have a political or economic bias, and that information results in them making choices that lead to harm, are you saying that nothing should be said to try to persuade them in another direction, or that that person cannot change their mind?

Sounds a little bit cultish to me... Once in, in Foreva?!

Well it won't be long until the pharma industry will tell everyone that taking the vaccines wasn't for protecting others, and only to protect yourself.

There wasn't much reading for research, it's very simple. It's suggested to take the vaccine if you're immunocompromised, elderly, or you are vulnerable. If you want to take it nobody's forcing you. If you don't want to take it, it's your own choice. If you're sure you're healthy and robust, you'll get a few harmless symptoms like a cold or a flu, other than that you'll be recovered in no time.

The media, political classes and marketing campaigns, will be in tribunals for misinformation and guilt shaming the unvaccinated. I assure you that. Not now but it's definitely being looked at. Or else it's possible that those minorities will be offered compensation and it'll be brushed under the carpet.

Forgiven not forgotten, a bit like The Coors song.

"People being persuaded the jabs would prevent illness although the initial trials did not even have that as an end point."

This is an utterly disingenuous statement intended to deceive people.

Can you explain how a vaccine could generate an immune response to protect against infection and yet not protect against severe cases?

How do you get an illness if you don't get infected?

The trials operated under an entirely reasonable basis, based on known immunology principles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭walus

Another possibility is for the unvaccinated to form a 'control group' for future studies. That is going to be a tiny and sought after group of p1ssed off individuals with how they were treated.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭PeadarCo

The trials for all the Covid vaccines had ended. Yes they were done quicker but the biggest limitation normally is money. If you throw enough money at something you will get things far far quicker. More money means more people resources etc.

A classic example are the moon landings in the 1960/70s, the US threw huge amounts of money at the project. As result things were done far far quicker than their current moon programme today. That's despite the huge advances in technology and knowledge about working in space in the intervening years.

The idea that the Covid vaccines are and were untested is conspiratorial nonsense. I appreciate that's blunt but the idea vaccines don't work/we're untested etc shows a fundamental lack of knowledge about how the entire regulatory process works for all medicines including vaccines. This nonsense has been rebutted countless times in this forum and on the thread in the conspiracy theories forum.

Advertisement