Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXV-956,720 ROI (5,952 deaths) 452,946 NI (3,002 deaths) (08/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,192 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    New cases: 418

Denotified cases: 3
    Total cases: 251,087
    New deaths: 7
    Denotified deaths: 0
    Total deaths: 4,915

Of the 7 deaths reported today
    • 5 occurred in April
    • 1 occurred in February
    • 1 occurred in January
    • Median age: 82
    • Age range: 67-92
    Of the 418 cases notified today
    • Male: 199
    • Female: 214
    • Under 45 years old: 305 (73%)
    • Median age: 30
    • Dublin: 167
    • Cork: 39
    • Donegal: 32
    • Kildare: 29
    • Meath: 22
    • Remaining 129 cases spread across 20 other counties
    Hospital stats as of 8 am today
    • Hospitalised: 137 (-7)
    • ICU: 37 (-4)
    • New admissions past 24 hours: 18
    Previous Wednesdays
    • 28/04: 371
    • 21/04: 401
    5 day average

445 (Last wk: 425)

7 day average

463 (Last wk: 454)

14 day incidence rate

135/100k (Last wk: 122)

Vaccines Monday 03/05/21 From @COVID19DataIE here
    • First dose: 1,174,292 (+15,209)
    • Fully vaccinated: 447,578 (+2,017)
    • Total: 1,621,870 (+17,226)
    • 16+ with first dose: ~30%
    • 16+ fully vaccinated: ~11.5%

Vaccine types
    More Vaccination stats
    • Daily average (last 7 days): 29,133 (Last wk: 28,351)
    • 7 day total (rolling): 203,928 (Last wk: 198,455)
    • Doses administered per 100 people: 32.58 (+0.35)
    Positivity rates From @COVID19DataIE here
    • 435 positive swabs
    • 2.24% positivity
    • 19,406 tests
    • 7 day test positivity is 2.7%

Cohorts and vaccines given

Dose Cohort 1 Cohort 2 Cohort 3 Cohort 4 Cohort 5 Cohort 7 Uncoded
    Cohort Size 105,000 250,000 482,327 250,000 417,000 350,000 N/A
    Total doses 194,121 (+40) 352,494 (+559) 716,632 (+2,253) 210,270 (+2,173) 146,461 (+18,038) 1,350 (+16) 542
    First dose 109,378 (+29) 256,583 (+539) 455,600 (+372) 204,471 (+2,071) 146,419 (+18,034) 1,348 (+16) 493
    2nd Dose 84,743 (+11) 95,911 (+20) 261,032 (+1,881) 5,799 (+102) 42 (+4) 2 (+0) 49
    % with 1st dose 104% (+0) 103% (+1) 94% (+0) 82% (+1) 35% (+4) 0.4% (+0) N/A
    % with 2nd dose 81% (+0) 38% (+0) 54% (+0) 2.3% (+0) 0% (+0) 0% (+0) N/A

Of the new admissions going into hospital in the last 24 hours do we know what age groups/ any underlying conditions these people belong to/have ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

tom1ie wrote: »
    Of the new admissions going into hospital in the last 24 hours do we know what age groups/ any underlying conditions these people belong to/have ?

I believe SpookWoman used to post this data, but I haven't seen her on here in awhile

It's out there on government owned websites, but - if memory serves - it takes a lot of digging into the numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

frank8211 wrote: »

The council and the guards were dead right to remove the marquee

Limit for weddings is currently 6 not 200

Some cheek of the organisers to think acwedding for 200 is appropriate at this stage of restrictions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭techdiver

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    And where do they draw the line in skipping age order. Household members a year different in age? Two years. Three?

As I said in my post. I wasn't commenting on policy. My post was in reply to a comment that stated that it would be difficult to arrange by Eircode across age ranges. I simply said that it is not a technical barrier.

I believe it is also the case that people living together in the same grouping are not automatically called together. Once again a simple system can sort that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    The council and the guards were dead right to remove the marquee

Limit for weddings is currently 6 not 200

Some cheek of the organisers to think acwedding for 200 is appropriate at this stage of restrictions
    They let the wedding go ahead and were afraid to remove the marquee.. county council and guards left the area so wedding was allowed. They did ask nicely but were told to **** off and laughed at .

https://www.rte.ie/news/regional/2021/0505/1214005-longford-marquee-gardai/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

harr wrote: »
    so wedding was allowed

With 200 people?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭eastie17

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    With 200 people?
    Oh no, only about 120. Still in full swing apparently, sets a great precedent, dig your heels in tell the authorities to **** off and you can do what you like. joke

• Registered Users Posts: 13,116 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

From the Rte News web page...

Garda Superintendent Jim Delaney said attempts by officers to engage with both the wedding organisers and the owner of the marquee had failed.

"We liaised with both families and the marquee owner and served them with written copies of the current State Covid-19 public health guidelines but both chose not to engage with us."

So, the first time I decide to shoplift something, can I choose not to engage with the Gardai investigating me??

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

Gardai have no control over the citizens.

You do realize this is not your average wedding

I don't know whether to be angry or upset by this story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

eastie17 wrote: »
    Oh no, only about 120. Still in full swing apparently, sets a great precedent, dig your heels in tell the authorities to **** off and you can do what you like. joke

meanwhile, today, per Irish Times:

"Pavee Point says high incidence rate shows urgency of priority vaccination for Travellers"

Edit: apologies, they also "attributed the high infection rate, amounting to about one in every 10 members of the community, to underlying health issues and overcrowded living conditions with Travellers having the biggest families yet the fewest rooms per family compared with the wider population. “It is a perfect storm for Covid,” she said. “It is very hard to follow the Covid-19 health guidelines. If you have bigger families and smaller spaces, how can you socially distance?”

Nothing to do with 200 at weddings so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭jackboy

Why are people blaming the travellers. The Gardai showed up, talked to the organisers and then allowed the wedding to go ahead. The Gardai allowed the wedding to proceed, that is the story.

"Pavee Point says high incidence rate shows urgency of priority vaccination for Travellers"

They can **** right off.
    Law abiding citizens putting up with lockdown and not seeing friends or family and then this particular group of people get away with doing what they want when they want, all the while their spokes group tell us how down trodden they are!
    PISS OFF!!

jackboy wrote: »
    Why are people blaming the travellers. The Gardai showed up, talked to the organisers and then allowed the wedding to go ahead. The Gardai allowed the wedding to proceed, that is the story.

Why is there one rule for one group of people and one rule for others though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭spakman

Hadn't the manpower to stop it. They didn't just tell them "fire ahead and enjoy the day!"
    They tried to convince the families not to go ahead but as usual, they couldn't give a fck and just suit themselves.
    Gardaí prob didn't want to cause a running battle.
    Personally I'd support the ARU and riot squad being called in to break it up and charge every last on of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Not sure. Think it's something to do with travellers having organised it? Something like that? Gardaí making a decision not to actively prevent it (presumably on legitimate grounds that it woulld cause other problems) does not mean it's ok to organise it.

Maybe we should blame old people. Or some other group.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

Edit: apologies, they also "attributed the high infection rate, amounting to about one in every 10 members of the community, to underlying health issues and overcrowded living conditions with Travellers having the biggest families yet the fewest rooms per family compared with the wider population. “It is a perfect storm for Covid,” she said. “It is very hard to follow the Covid-19 health guidelines. If you have bigger families and smaller spaces, how can you socially distance?”

This boils my blood not only have my partner and I had to postpone our wedding twice due to the pandemic (along with multiple couple friends of ours) this c##p is still going on and they’ve the cheek to say they need to be vaccinated first. This country is gone to the dogs. Zero repercussions for this cohort how many of these weddings funerals and parties have we read about at this stage, let’s not forget when they blocked the main road to Headford last year blocking ambulances and front line workers travelling to and from work when we were in the height of the first wave.. fail to see why we get fined for strolling outside on a beach outside your county yet an event like this which is clearly against the rules goes ahead with little or no stopping it .. what an age to live in Ireland - apologise this story has touched a nerve

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Natterjack from Kerry

They can **** right off.
    Law abiding citizens putting up with lockdown and not seeing friends or family and then this particular group of people get away with doing what they want when they want, all the while their spokes group tell us how down trodden they are!
    PISS OFF!!

Law abiding citizens putting up with lockdown ????
    Have you read any of this thread or others on the forum ? The prevailing trend has been that the restrictions are nonsense and you should be ignoring them. Have a read of it to get a sense of it.

It must also be recognised that the organisers of this wedding declined to engage with the Gardai, and careful judgment must be exercised when dealing with members of minority ethnic groups which may not always be the same as for the wider population.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭davehey79

Jammyd wrote: »
    This boils my blood not only have my partner and I had to postpone our wedding twice due to the pandemic (along with multiple couple friends of ours) this c##p is still going on and they’ve the cheek to say they need to be vaccinated first. This country is gone to the dogs. Zero repercussions for this cohort how many of these weddings funerals and parties have we read about at this stage, let’s not forget when they blocked the main road to Headford last year blocking ambulances and front line workers travelling to and from work when we were in the height of the first wave.. fail to see why we get fined for strolling outside on a beach outside your county yet an event like this which is clearly against the rules goes ahead with little or no stopping it .. what an age to live in Ireland - apologise this story has touched a nerve

Could we not give them the vaccine with an added ingredient of a sterilisation enzyme

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭jackboy

Why is there one rule for one group of people and one rule for others though?

There isn’t. Same rules for everyone but only enforced for some. It’s not an isolated incident letting this proceed, there are countless examples in the last year.

• Advertisement

If Pavee Point made that statement, a journalist should ask their spokesperson for an interview on today's events.

Law abiding citizens putting up with lockdown ????
    Have you read any of this thread or others on the forum ? The prevailing trend has been that the restrictions are nonsense and you should be ignoring them. Have a read of it to get a sense of it.

It must also be recognised that the organisers of this wedding declined to engage with the Gardai, and careful judgment must be exercised when dealing with members of minority ethnic groups which may not always be the same as for the wider population.

So they break the law and they get away with it because we must be careful as they are members of an ethnic minority? Is that what your saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

It must also be recognised that the organisers of this wedding declined to engage with the Gardai, and careful judgment must be exercised when dealing with members of minority ethnic groups which may not always be the same as for the wider population.[/quote]

This is exactly the issue why should this cohort be treated differently when it comes to the law that applies to all citizens. The restrictions apply to all regardless if people agree or not it’s widely unfair on those who have sacrificed a lot over these last 14 months

Very poor from the Gardai allowing the wedding to go ahead

Every couple getting carried over the next few months should do what the travellers did

Ignore the restrictions
    Possibly pay a €500 fine

Have 200 at a wedding instead of six

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Hospital numbers at 8pm

Total 122 (down from 132 last night)
    ICU 37 (down from 39 last night - 1 death)

Last Wednesday
    Total 151
    ICU 43

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Gardai have no control over the citizens.

I'd love to see if this happened in any other country in the world.

Fuppin unreal.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Very poor from the Gardai allowing the wedding to go ahead

Every couple getting carried over the next few months should do what the travellers did

Ignore the restrictions
    Possibly pay a €500 fine

Have 200 at a wedding instead of six

Yeah I have a mate getting married in a registry office tomorrow after postponing his wedding twice.

Joke-shop that it was allowed to go ahead purely so as not to be accused of discrimination.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭eastie17

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I'd love to see if this happened in any other country in the world.

Fuppin unreal.

:mad:

Agreed, I cant think of anywhere else that they wouldn't do everything they could to talk them into icomplying nd if that didnt work bring in resources from all over the place to break it up and lock them up

Yeah I have a mate getting married in a registry office tomorrow after postponing his wedding twice.

Joke-shop that it was allowed to go ahead purely so as not to be accused of discrimination.

So frustrating for people

What's to stop the next wedding being 500 or 1000 when the guards didn't stop this one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

Garda Superintendent Jim Delaney said attempts by officers to engage with both the wedding organisers and the owner of the marquee had failed.

"We liaised with both families and the marquee owner and served them with written copies of the current State Covid-19 public health guidelines but both chose not to engage with us."

The Gardai should rethink their communications strategy, maybe try a megaphone next time.

Advertisement