Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,471 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

You need to look closer into your data, I posted the mistake you're making pages ago, but like everything else, it's gone way over your head. If anyone else wants to know, PM me. You're going to be doing the work from now on :)

(and I presume you have already calculated your refute to my back of the envelope calculation that is correct to about 1% which is way above your required threshold for showing efficacy on severity).

Interesting how easy it is to get some people out of the woodwork.

Vaccines are not dangerous, they do have risks associates with them like everything does, but that risk is far lower than the disease risk in all cases.

Paracetamol has risks, but only an idiot would call it dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

@Capra I hear you, I should be on the balloon by Wednesday according to the posters who are so behind on the science. I'm unvaccinated and through the worst of it. Had the headache Sunday felt like I had food poisoning until Monday. Thought that what it was, decided to do a test last night after being told via text I was a close contact. Tested positive late last night. Bit foggy today but feeling more energetic and able to run up the stairs again. Luckily I didn't take the vaccine, because I'd have preferred someone who wanted one or needs it more than I to take it. I trusted my immune system and it's working way better than my close friends who were vaccinated. They were floored by omnicron, and some were absolutely shattered for nearly a week after the 2nd dose of the double dose vaccine.

Was my symptoms worth getting the vaccines for ?

That's a cathartic no, I'm a loner anyhow and outside a lot of the day. Caught it from a gathering last week supposedly.

Look you'll get a few posters here trying to break your will or ability to express your opinions and at the start you think it's personal. But its not, some posters can't conduct themselves discussing the subject matter.

Just rise above it, hit the ignore button and don't even respond to them. I've hit it a few times and I haven't a clue what they're posting now and we no longer communicate.

Don't leave the discussion, you're posting sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

I'm well aware of how you guys twist everything and play pingpong and dragging people into a maze of bamboozle and hedonistic discussions. Zig zags of absolute mayhem and trying to create chaos in order to put people off discussing these concerns.

Exactly. They've become really poor at hiding the fact that they are here purely to frustrate and clog the discussion because they don't want a conspiracy forum on boards. The fact that dissenting views don't get moderated here disgusts them so they've taken it upon themselves to monitor the threads 24/7 and spam with paragraph heavy drivel to the point that it's impossible to read anything of interest or get any meaningful debate going.

A thread was started in the feedback forum last year hoping to address the 10 or so conspiracy-haters that camp out here. Their tactics were exposed humiliatingly but sadly nothing was done about it in the end. This meme was used to perfectly sum up the tactics they use:

This was too close to the bone, they got offended, reported the poster and had the image taken down by a mod 😂

Ever since they've been referred to as the "Sealions" of the conspiracy forum. Embarrassing stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Capra

"Interesting easy it is to get some people out of the woodwork"

What does this even mean? Is all debate off limits to you lads or something? Its just non stop hostility and attacking of the person rather than their argument.

"Vaccines are not dangerous...." I'd argue that those vaccines linked in the article were all dangerous. It's pretty dumbfounding that you would try to argue otherwise.

Would mandating paracetemol to people who have a paracetemol allergy be dangerous to those people? Yes. Then paracetamol is dangerous to some people. Only an idiot would claim those people should take it anyway when they only had a very mild fever/headache or possibly no symptoms at all.

What I find interesting about all of this is that you lads came to your conclusions that these vaccines were safe, well tested and effective very early on before any long term effects or epidemiological studies could have been done. And ye have decided that is your position and ye have stuck with it regardless of the mounting evidence. Ye are just certain, absolutely certain, based on trials carried out by the companies themselves that there is nothing worth talking about when it comes to their safety. These are companies which have been fined hundreds of millions of dollars in the past for falsifying and misrepresenting trial data and even now it has emerged that there were instances of them trying to do the same during at least a small portion of the trials for these vaccines....but ye still have absolute faith and trust in them. Its mind blowing really.

• Advertisement

Lol sealions, I was wandering where that was from I've seen it a few times mentioned here. But I wasn't sure what it was. So the offensive sealions got offended lol absolute classic.

That actually sums them up, I must download that cartoon. Sealions that's exactly how they debate as well.

Imagine being married or sharing your life with someone like that. An absolute mind FCK.

I love it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

It was well established previously that you don’t understand what sealioning is. You still don’t.

Also, weren’t you calling for the discussion to stop and for the forum to be closed because people were asking you questions?

It was conspiracy theorists that wanted forums closed, not those who question conspiracy theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Again, a reminder that the first time you appeared on this forum (under your current username) was when you demanded a list of questions you had in support of your theory that all spaceflight was faked.

After getting full answers to all of those questions you proceeded to whinge and dodge until eventually you ended up faking a picture for some silly attempt to trick people that blew up in your face in hilarious fashion.

Since then, and your attempt to have the forum shut down because it allowed people to disagree with your weird beliefs, you've done nothing but pop in and out of threads to whinge about how mean people are while doing nothing to add to the topic or answer any points.

All the while your fellow conspiracy theorists have been ignoring you and avoiding you because of your previous embarrassing claims.

None of them will even acknowledge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

• Advertisement

Yea, a lot of them claim that, but it turns out they're just pretending not to see the points because they don't want to deal with them.

Besides, those posts aren't so much for Markus as they are for the other conspiracy theorists who want to pretend that they're being supported by reasonable people.

Its great to see the trend of deliberate lies and misrepresentation is continuing unabated:

"As much as 30 percent of polio vaccines were contaminated with simian virus for eight years."

https://www.chop.edu/centers-programs/vaccine-education-center/vaccine-ingredients/sv40

Polio vaccines used in the late 1950s and early 1960s were contaminated with a virus called simian virus 40 (SV40) present in monkey kidney cells used to grow the vaccine. Subsequently, investigators found SV40 DNA in biopsy specimens obtained from patients with cancers such as mesothelioma (lung), osteosarcoma (bone) and non-Hodgkins lymphoma (lymph nodes). However, several facts should be noted:

SV40 was present in cancers of people who either had or had not received the polio vaccines that were contaminated with SV40.

SV40 has not been present in any vaccine since 1963. 

People with cancers who were born after 1963, when SV40 was no longer a contaminant of the polio vaccine, were found to have evidence for SV40 in their cancerous cells. 

Epidemiologic studies do not show an increased risk of cancers in those who received polio vaccine between 1955 and 1963.

Taken together, these findings do not support the hypothesis that SV40 virus contained in polio vaccines administered before 1963 caused cancers. 

"As recently as 2017, a vaccine supposed to combat dengue fever actually was shown to cause a worse form of the disease."

When used incorrectly. The more severe form of Dengue Fever is associated with repeat infection with a different strain. As such, the vaccine was intended to be given to people who had previously been infected with Dengue. In the Philippines it was given to people who had not been previously infected. This was not a vaccine issue it was a protocol issue. By getting the vaccine when some of those vaccinated contracted Dengue for the first time the experienced the same severe disease as those who had been previously infected.

"Children treated with a vaccine designed to combat respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) actually developed an “enhanced” version of the disease, as the AAMC wrote, resulting in two deaths."

In 1966, when far less was known about the role of adjutants in vaccine development. Is there a belidef that knowledge and methods have not improved in 56 years?

"...the so-called Cutter incident, when a laboratory mistakenly sent out batches of live polio virus (instead of inactivated cells as they should have), as the Association of American Medical Colleges wrote. Five kids died, and more than 100 patients were paralyzed."

A manufacturing fault not a vaccine. And again, is there a belief that manufacturing controls from the 1950's have not improved in the last 65 years, and if not why does anyone take any medication?

"And of course, there were glass particles in the HPV vaccine back in 2013."

There was an issue with the manufacture of the glass vials used for the vaccine. This was not a vaccine issue. And even so, when the potential issue was identified with up to 10 vials, 750,000 vials were recalled from the market, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Capra

I agree with all of your post. What's the issue here? I can't really see what I've misrepresented as you basically just posted the same thing again with more context. Unexpected things happened with vaccines that were not discovered until a later date and it is unlikely the exact same thing would happen again in those exact same scenarios.

Well done, I don't really know how that counteracts any argument that new mistakes could be made with these new hastily rolled out vaccines. But good post, it's nice to have more information.

Unexpected things happen, period! That is not a reason to do nothing, ever. Is the hypothesis that no one should even use any new medical treatment until there is years of data. If not, why is it different for vaccines?

Because it's profitable for certain grifters to increase and capitalise on the fear and uncertainty about vaccines.

It's more profitable to focus on vaccines which a majority of people will encounter rather than individual medicines less universal.

If that is your point, then everything is dangerous, literally everything. Tomatoes, can choke or be allergic to them, doors, fall on people. Vaccines are overwhelmingly safe, there are risks associated with them as there is with everything but to describe them as dangerous is a complete stretch and fabrication. If you're making your point about something being dangerous you need to compare it with something you think isn't dangerous and go from there (well, you don't, you can just inject a nonsense comment like that in any discussion and everyone can ignore the stupidity of it).

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭hometruths

If you're making your point about something being dangerous you need to compare it with something you think isn't dangerous and go from there 

Getting Covid as a healthy young person is not dangerous. That's a decent starting point.

So as a young person is getting the vaccine safer than getting covid?

Does being vaccinated make it less or more dangerous than getting the virus?

So many new @King Mob fan boys in here over the last few weeks giving abuse. You’d almost think it’s the same user or re-regs because they seem so familiar with him. It’s hilarious.

No no, you see it's cause I'm a very typical government paid shill with set tactics that they've all cleverly figured out. But also they've figured out inside the only two posts they've read my full psychological profile and the myriad of character flaws I have.

They're all very worldly and wise investigators who've dispatched more government shills than they can count. It's all very very impressive and all very very true...

• Advertisement

😂 Can't believe you typed this...

My chances of getting myocarditis from vaccines is zero if I don't get the vaccine. Do you want a peer reviewed article to support this or maybe a confidence interval 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Your chance of getting myocarditis from Covid is higher than the vaccines.

Again, you once typed that you believe all space missions are faked.

You once typed that the Challenger crew were all still live.

You once made a fake picture and posted it and ended up humilating yourself.

Your posting history betrays you yet again.

I can’t believe you typed this!!!

The chance of getting myocarditis due to covid is greater than the chance of getting myocarditis from the vaccine.

Why is this relevant?

This can only be relevant if vaccines prevent you from getting Covid-induced myocarditis - of which there is no evidence.

Because the vaccines reduce the risk you die from Covid (or develop long Covid)

It's not like they do nothing but give a tiny chance you develop myocarditis

????????

Tell me that you agree or disagree with the following statement:

The chances of getting myocarditis from the vaccine is zero if you do not receive the vaccine

• Advertisement

Technically not correct, you can develop myocarditis naturally

The occurrence of it from being vaccinated is still being studied and under debate, some studies show it's not too far from natural occurrence but indeed some studies show it's higher. To make it simple, let's just accept that the occurrence is higher in vaccinated people

Then indeed if you are vaccinated the chances of developing the condition increase

But

Your chances of dying from Covid increases, by multiples

Context is important.

Advertisement