Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Being the loon will probably give me an advantage, maybe you can ignore me or put me on your block list. But that's not good, because then you can't call me names or pretend to be in with the in crowd of provaxxers .

They no more give a **** about you, you're only firing them up.... Look at your response, you know dam well what the conspiracy is. It's been trashed out here for months.

Will we keep circling around, because I have all day. I am watching UFO's here and off my box on mushrooms.

Did you ever try magic shrooms ?

Answer my question....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Im sure if you delve into your cocoon, you'll see all the lies....big black lies. Like I said this is an open forum, and nobody has to point out anything. I'm here to discuss conspiracy theories with conspiracy theorists.

This thread isn't about debunking, it's about discussing conspiracy theories.

Except you tools came in and made an absolute mess of it. People have left because of you and your goons bullying and harassing people.

You're not discussing conspiracy theories your trying to debunk them. Ye have ruined the spirit of the discussion.

Would you head into the Christianity forum and start slagging off Christian s about their religion. Fcuk no, ye wouldn't get away with it. Or tell petrol heads that they should buy diesel car's they'd have you blocked.

Not one of you provaxxers ever debate people in the other covid forums who say that the vaccines didn't work, why might I ask. I don't know but I think your usual shoite wouldn't be tolerated.

My hero, FFS you could have posted a better picture than that. Get a better one will you.

Alex Jones he's the ultimate conspiracy theorist, although I like David Icke too, and his son Gareth. Gareth's quite cute actually. A bit of a dish.

Have you a picture of Gareth, have you seen him he's a good looking guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

How would you know if people have left or not? You only joined the site a few days ago.

• Advertisement

Almost as if you're someone here to make conspiracy theorists fit their cliche's ;)

By the way I'm kinda of trolling you guy's, and wasting your time. So it's best ye get on with your day, I'm going to have a few more shrooms and drift off to tir na nÓg....

These one's are good I'm telling ya...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭hometruths

You're just dodging the question and deflecting, with stuff like "The vaccines were approved for a variety of reasons including safety."

I am asking about the purpose of the authorisation - i.e what need were the vaccines approved to fulfil?

The vaccines have only ever received approval for the specific purpose of preventing Covid and they have not received approval for the specific purpose of reducing how serious your symptoms will be if you contract Covid post vaccination.

I am stating this as a fact. I have linked to EMA regulatory documents to support that fact. Do you acknowledge it as true?

But it's not a fact and the document you link to doesn't say that.

Well I openly admit I'm a conspiracy theorist, we're different that's for sure. We lack the ability to think with mainstream media and trust is a big issue with us. We're mostly lone wolves and we're not the worse apart from the likes of me, bad to the bone off my box on shrooms on a Saturday afternoon. An absolute waster, some day I'll open that record store in the middle of nowhere. Sure it'll be a cool place to hangout in. Off the beaten track, no **** rhyme or reasons to my logic. Accepting the fact I'm not normal was hard, but I have to face the fear.

Mental health is a big thing nowadays and it's frowned upon to make them feel worse than they actually do. But you guy's are aware that you believe that conspiracy theorists aren't the full shilling but yet you're aware ye are attempting to torment people like me and try make us feel worse , some can't take it. I have to take it. What choices have I.

But if you think someone is a bit nuts, you're aware of it but yet you're pointing it out....

That's bullying in my book and a reflection on your lack of awareness of others struggle's.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 16,457 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

That was not what the approval says, and as I previously said, indicates that you don't understand what you are posting, I would (honestly) suggest actually reading the approvals in full and also a few similar approvals so you can start to make educated posts on the matter.

What you are doing is cherry picking phrases and paragraphs that you think agree with your stance, but actually don't and indicate the opposite.

But I guess you are closest to a conspiracy here, in that the EMA approved the vaccines despite those paragraphs being in the very public report.

Cool. Where in that document does it say: "The vaccines have only ever received approval for the specific purpose of preventing Covid and they have not received approval for the specific purpose of reducing how serious your symptoms will be if you contract Covid post vaccination."

Pfizer does not approve vaccines, never has and never will. They run (multiple) trials according to scientific methodology and present the data to approval authorities.

You aren't presenting any conspiracy, why aren't you going to the vaccine thread with this nonsense?

or the Covid forum?

Afraid the mods will see through your BS act and threadban you? I'd share that concern.

I'm talking about the EMA approving the Pfizer vaccine.

I remember the flat-earther in here a few months back, no one could explain gravity to the guy, no one could answer his "questions", amazing how that works isn't it.

They do say they only have sufficient data to approve for prevention and not for reduction of severity which I have linked to earlier.

I'll try a different approach.

The EMA consider vaccine failure to be a positive covid case, specifically defining it in line with CIOMS international standards:

Proposed definition for Confirmed Vaccination Failure with AZD1222: The occurrence of COVID-19 caused by SARS-CoV-2 in a person who is appropriately and fully vaccinated following an incubation period of ≥ 15 days following the second dose of the vaccine.

So riddle me this. If the vaccines are working successfully because they were approved to reduce the severity of the symptoms in positive Covid cases, how come every positive case 15 days later than a second dose is considered a failure of the vaccine?

Considering they crashed the economy for 60 something deaths in 2020 and told you if you're fit and healthy you don't need a vaccine, but to protect others it's best to take it.

But if you have underlining condition's or elderly if took the vaccine you should be protected.

But the vaccines didn't protect anyone from catching COVID and people who were triple vaccinated and hadn't underlining condition's ended up in hospital for weeks.

People who were unvaccinated were more likely to end up in hospital, but that was all twisted by saying if you only had one vaccine or not had a booster you were considered unvaccinated.

The same so called professionals were telling us that you can mix and match the vaccines, you might as well be mixing whiskey and antidepressants or barbiturates.

All the different vaccines had different ingredients, and they weren't sharing their formulas with each other.

• Advertisement

Yes, that was a different document that also did not say what you claimed it did.

It does not say Where in that document does it say: "The vaccines have only ever received approval for the specific purpose of preventing Covid and they have not received approval for the specific purpose of reducing how serious your symptoms will be if you contract Covid post vaccination."

Please show a statement that says that.

I don't know the answer to your question because I do not have the expertise or knowledge to address it.

However, given my experience with conspiracy theorists, and you personally, I will take a wild stab in the dark that you are misrepresenting and overstating things like you are with your other claim.

What do you believe is the answer?

And are we going to be getting to your point any time soon?

You believe that the vaccines aren't approved to be used to reduce the severity of covid even though you acknowledge that they do this.

So...?

@bad2thebone any reason why you don't have the guts to use your original account? Seem to just be using your account to release some built up anger..

Then you have err'ed as the trial data includes much more than the 95% efficacy against severe disease.

The trial data also includes all the trial results, contraindications, side effects, any known effects against transmission.

And for the efficacy data, that includes against death, against severe disease and against symptomatic disease.

And all of this data will have include confidence intervals indicating how confident the data is based on the trial results.

This is also why the conclusions and paragraphs you have chosen are written the way they were, there was a very high confidence that the vaccines are effective and an even higher confidence that they were safe, hence their approval under conditional marketing approval (where the manufacturer takes on liability if any non-listed issues are found). As the approved treatment rolls out, data is continued to be gathered (this is why some of the idiots think that the approval trials are ongoing, they're not, anyone saying otherwise is dumb) and the real world efficacy is determined, the data is also updated for efficacy as the immune response weakens over time (as occurs with all vaccines) and as the virus mutates.

Efficacy against infection and symptoms has dropped dramatically after time and with mutations, however, efficacy against severe disease and death has remained very high even with mutations and even over time (95% originally down to about 89% for delta and other variants).

The bar for approval for a vaccine is 50%, the SARS-COV2 vaccines vastly exceeded that threshold.

Now, to counter this, you will need other data as nothing quoted from the EMA will be counter to these facts.

I'm interested in where you will get that data or if you will continue to misuse the EMA approval documentation.

I'm betting on the latter, prove me wrong.

Vaccine formulas are public knowledge, you need a license to manufacture them, some have been released freely (Chadox1), others to various manufacturing sites under license.

While you are trolling, that stood out as something you actually seem to believe, but it is false, you can now spin into whatever sort of blank stupor you wish to.

Then you have err'ed as the trial data includes much more than the 95% efficacy against severe disease.

I said nothing about 95% efficacy against severe disease. If you are going to be patronizing in response to what I post, I suggest you read it a bit more carefully first.

Have a guess what the FDA approved the Pfizer jab for?

yep that’s right, to prevent Covid 19.

On December 11, 2020, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for emergency use of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID‐19 Vaccine for the prevention of COVID-19

who’d have thought it, eh?

Yep. You're just repeating the same claim, but not actually addressing any of the points put to you.

But ok. Fine.

You believe that the vaccines were only approved to prevent covid.

Can you now please explain what the issue with this is for you?

Not for the first time:

This is my problem with the vaccines. When the vaccines were first rolled out the clear expectation was that the primary function was to prevent catching Covid.

When it became abundantly clear that this was not working as intended, but they were having good effect in preventing serious illness and death, very few vaccine proponents acknowledged this. It was spun as if the primary function all along was to reduce serious illness and death, and anybody who thought they were taking the vaccine to prevent them getting Covid just didn't understand how vaccines worked.

This is total and utter nonsense, and as far as I am concerned it undermines all subsequent claims about the vaccine efficacy and safety.

Ok.

So again, not for the first time, who is doing this spin. Please list the main players or organizations you believe were behind this?

Also, what do you mean by "undermines"? You've already acknowledge that the vaccines are both safe and effective and that no one was lying about their safety and effectiviness.

But now, because you believe there's this spin, suddenly the vaccines might be dangerous and useless? Or...?

• Advertisement

Im free to spin anywhere I like, you're free to spin anywhere too. After all freedom isn't anything to take for granted, considering that monkey pox or money pox could stop us in our tracks again. Supposedly it's airborne like covid, but I don't believe it's spread by gay and bisexual or other sexually active people.

It's possible it's a reaction to the vaccines, I seen two pictures on the media one of shingles another of monkey pox. Both the same picture used in a different headline s months apart . Looney conspiracy theorists like myself pointed it out. Now don't try to twist that story and try to intellectually explain that booboo.

It's not hard to find different pictures or at least cover themselves by not showing the media for what they are.

As for blank stupors, there's nothing wrong with being in a stupor, sure haven't you guys been here being achievers for your overlords for months. How much are ye getting to post ??? A few thanks and hits from reading your own post's.

It's nice here,I think I'll stay and flog the dead horse that was lead to water but it's nearly dust at this stage.

Do you not understand that the vaccines were shite overall, and people were vaccinated for a virus which has a 99.98 % recovery rate and less than 62 people died from COVID-19 in 2020 a common cold and flu kills more vulnerable people than covid. The dogs on the street can find out about the COVID deaths in 2020 in Ireland.

Advertisement