Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Shilock

It's plain to see that the insult's are still flying in and the usual shower are searching for the conspiracy needle in the conspiracy haystack....

And they're the one's against conspiracy theories, give me head peace lol

Lex they have been picking on me too, they're multiple accounts under the same IP address...

Just a bunch of Messer's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,650 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

"they're multiple accounts under the same IP address..."

Gosh darn it lads he on to us, quick....to the mystery machine!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,855 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

So where is the debate?

Where have msm actually allowed a debate to discuss? None of the so called experts like LO'N, Holohan, etc have entered into a live debate, not once

Why?

Why did they abandon decades of pandemic response and science when this came along?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

No. I have a life. You know going out and about, not hiding under the bed as I don’t believe the world is out to get me.

So did you make the fake RTE News tweet, and if not then what grifter did you get it from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭whippet

They don't allow quacks on the tv for obvious reasons

there has been plenty of debate and counter argument to all aspects of the global response ... and this is still on going

just because they don't let the likes of who you obviously listen to or watch on Facebook and YouTube does not mean the coverage hasn't been balanced

now .. I'll ignore you as you seem to want to base your opinion on hearsay and 'what if' rather than the actual scientific facts presented to you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

• Advertisement

If you're nice to me I'll spare you from my dastardly depopulation plan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

and what would these ‘obvious reasons’ be?

Surely if they’re looney quacks that’s good enough reason to have them on tv so everyone can have a laugh at how ridiculous they are.

Doesn’t banning them and censoring them not give them credence?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

"so in essence you can still get it, but you will just not know you have it and wouldnt be as ill?"

Correct

"Right...so you technically will be out and about unknowingly spreading it instead of staying at home ill"

If you are showing no symptoms they it's possible you may be out and about, and yes, with a possible risk of spreading it. Is your point that it would be better not to be vaccinated, so you would be sick at home, or in hospital, and so couldn't spread it?

"as for the certs and the scanning, that hasnt come in yet where your locations are being tracked & recorded, but it will. and before you say well you can be tracked with your phone, people have the option to turn off the phone"

Oh, really, and have you got a crystal ball that tells you that, or a crystal web site? And tell me, how effective do you think this tracking would be since you don't need a Covid cert to go into a shop or visit other people's houses, etc? Is it so important to track what concerts you go to that the government would invent some top secret plan to put in place a centralised tracking system for Covid certs, and they would manage to keep it all quite so nobody ever found out about it, not even the people checking the certs (or have they recruited an army of secret agents to do this)? And you believe this why?

The worst culprits are the quacks who don't believe in conspiracy theories, but yet they waddle in and out of here like a bunch of chickens at feeding time. Hovering over everyone, thinking they're cock of the walk and all gobble gobble gobble, but have a wonky wobble.

Yes I did tell someone here to get fecked, and like the chickychock they are they went crying about some dude on the forum saying a curse. Boo hoo...pity on you...

Death by mod someone else suggested, I got an infraction, but wasn't arrested... then he cried out, I've less infractions than you, and I'm here so many years.... congrats kiddo I said and he went crying to his bed... enough said you're all easily lead... like a lead roof , you love a good spoof... arguing away nothing to do,in reality the conspiracies are on you...

so who on the forum thought they would get their freedoms back after getting double jabbed?

and those who are double jabbed how many more will you take to continue to think you are getting your freedoms back?

#4 is already being touted, by this time next year its highly possible people will have taken 5-6 jabs for a common cold

What do you mean by our 'freedoms'? You haven't been looking at 'proud boys' videos have you? When there was an orange warning recently put out for Storm Barra, do you think government was trying to take our freedom away by recommending schools close and people stay in during certain hours? From your remark about 5-6 jabs for a common cold, are you saying that Covid doesn't represent a threat to anyone's health, and that Covid wouldn't overwhelm our hospitals if we did nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cannonballTaffyOjones

Would be hilarious if the Russian and Chinese vaccines turned out to be the most effective after all the smears against them when they first came out

The worst culprits are the quacks who don't believe in conspiracy theories, but yet they waddle in and out of here like a bunch of chickens at feeding time. Hovering over everyone, thinking they're cock of the walk and all gobble gobble gobble, but have a wonky wobble.

Can I ask what you're talking about? Have you a serious point to make on the subject of the thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,650 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Well if he does then it would be a first 🤷‍♂️

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Chips in pills isn't a new thing. Been happening for years so they can get photos of your insides and look for cancers.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/capsule-endoscopy/about/pac-20393366

Ask them over there, they started it, you see they come in here just to persue a row with the poster's rather than the post's.

Calling people liar's, suggesting they're off their heads etc, that goes against the spirit of fairness and a good sound debate. They then chat amoungst themselves about other members and haven't the patience to wait until they respond. I suppose they're the type of people who attack the poster's rather than the post.

And sometimes it's ok to call them out on it, they are on board's a long time and I suppose that gives them more clout than new members.

They all sound the same as if it's the one person using the same laptop or smartphone.

They haven't any ounce of civility, I'll admit I'm rough around the edges but if someone is going to call them out it might as well be me...

I've also been told I'm a rereg by a few of them, far from it. Bunch of messers is all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Here is a PDF of the leaflet that everyone was given with their first dose and gives details of how to report via the Yellow Card system.

The people in the mass vaccine centres had your medical records on the system, but also made additional checks about any allergies and reasons for being called up at that point in the queue, I was several decades younger than most being jabbed at the same time as me.

Ok, I get your point, now, on the topic of the thread, have you something to say?

I got my point across. All the messing just ruins it for the people who want to talk about their conspiracy theory amoungst themselves.

A lot have left and alluded to having less hostility on the likes of Reddit.

The only time I look here is when it pop's up on my feed.

And all I read is the non conspiracy theorists lambasting the conspiracy theorists with the same hostility and personal jabs. Someone needs to point it out.

And I know it's up to the moderator's to referee the thread and if I've a problem to flag a post etc but it's a free for all in here.

Hopefully members will stop talking about other members when they're not here, and the personal digs will stop... I've a feeling that they just can't help themselves and their compulsions are stronger than their resolve.

I've enough said...

Here is something else for Lex and Co to refute !!!

From this link https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Documents/1600/coronavirus/data-tables/421-010-CasesInNotFullyVaccinated.pdf (Washington State Dept of Health, published Dec 15th, 2021) .... here are some extracts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭patnor1011

I do not know about chinese vaccines but russian is so far superior in terms of effectiveness and side effects (safety).

What is that based on? Is there any equivalent to the Yellocard, VAERS or EU reporting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Put them on ignore and personal attacks disappear. Occasionally you will see some posts if they are quoted by someone else and that usually is enough to see that ignore option was sound choice since these self-proclaimed defenders of truth always do the same. They are the only ones here trying to derail any debate with idiotic remarks about bill gates, chips and 5G. Pure kindergarten stuff.

Modus operandi is always the same. Like year ago they would laugh that you are loon saying there may be chips in vaccine and today when it looks that some companies are planning to trial it these very same people who would laugh about it then are now talking about how it is common stuff in use and try to mock you that you did not know that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,342 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Based on the fact that the grifters they follow are biased towards anything not American.

I'm curious why the Russians and Chinese aren't part of the plan though. Does Bill Gates not control them like other countries?

Thanks for the suggestion, you're probably right if I put them on ignore would they dissapear from my side the debate.

I just don't get them, they seem to be uninterested in the topic and only here to upset people.

It's a thread about a conspiracy and nothing to do with debunking said conspiracy.

You're not going to get a vegan attacking fishermen in the angling forum calling them out for killing fish or will you get someone in a religious forum telling them they are deluded and constantly getting personal, or someone in the Christmas forum being all bahh humbug It wouldn't be tollerated. Yet when you guys try to have a discussion amoungst yourselves these guys come in all gun's blazing. Calling ye liar's and worse....

Well if they're laughing at the new microchip technology and pretending that they never called anyone out it being a possibility.

Then the last laugh is on them.

The smile could be on the other side of their faces if what the conspiracy theorists said about the vaccines. But they would probably still twist it in their favour.

Probably NPC's non playing characters, just like robot's programmed to come up with the same OLE response to you guys...

Meat golums is another phrase, just operating from the reptilian part of the brain, because they debate via impulse and emotions rather than logic and reason....

But again you and your friends are suggesting that the vaccines are a giant global conspiracy to depopulate the planet.

Are we out allowed to pint this out or point out how silly that idea is?

Are we not allowed to point out the other wacky things you guys have claimed?

And again you repeat your false whinging about derailing debate all while continuing your tactic of ignoring and running away from questions and people pointing out when you are using false information.

We are very interested in the topic, just conspiracy theorists refuse to tell us what their theories are other than some vague references to mystery evil masters who are going to do something bad, but they can't tell what, when or how.

Anglers would be happy to discuss angling, religious people would be happy to discuss their religion and lovers of all things Christmas would be delighted to regail you with their favourite Christmas things.

Just explain your theory.

They don't all believe in a conspiracy to depopulate the planet, that's your belief. I think you're so far down the rabbit hole now you're just pulling at straws .... depopulation of the planet via vaccine... will you listen to yourself.

If a few of us ignore a few of ye, then maybe we can discuss all this without your whining and complaining about conspiracy theorists and scoring points etc

Would that suit you mob, being ignored and nobody engaging with you :)

I'm trying to find out the theory from the people who are interested in conspiracy theories, but there's other members derailing the thread by calling the people who research conspiracy theories silly name's and liar's. That's then derailing the thread. Nobody here can have a discussion or read people's theory without the others acting the maggot.

I said in a few conversations that I don't believe in depopulation via vaccine and I think when this is over the Mask's and passports will be gone. But for the foreseeable future we're not seeing that happen for a while.

• Advertisement

Wait, you're looking from some coherence from conspiracy theorists? Let us know if you manage to find it. For the most it's constant goal post changing, deflection, belief in half truths and pseudo science.

But they do believe this. It's been claimed on this thread several times and no conspiracy theorist has contradicted this despite being asked directly.

Conspiracy theorists don't actually engage with anyone anyway. They already ignore points and questions whenever they can't address them.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭hometruths

Out of interest why do you spend so much time in a conspiracy theories forum abusing people who want to discuss conspiracy theories? It seems a bit odd, like hanging out in the gardening forum just to derail threads about gardening.

Nope. It would be like going onto the gardening forum and finding a post from a gardener stating that tomatoes are blue. Then when someone asks for evidence of tomatoes being blue the gardener states that potatoes have wings and getting upset about people repeatedly asking them about blue tomatoes.

Nothing is being derailed by people who are asking for details of the conspiracy theories. It's the lack of any substance to any of the theories, and then the conspiracy theorists complaining about being asked what their theories are which derails the threads.

I have to burst your bubble there, but tomatoes could be manipulated by genetic engineering to turn blue, and there's already a blue tomato...

https://www.etsy.com/ie/listing/164942279/osu-blue-tomato-10-seeds-heirloom

• Advertisement

See, it wasn't that hard to answer a question and provide some evidence to back up the claim.

Now why can't that happen for any conspiracy theories?

I don't abuse people. Nor do I derail discussions. I've asked before how questions like "why do you believe that?" Or "could you explain you conspiracy more?" derail threads. Never got an answer.

At the same time you seem to be ignoring the things that do derail threads that the conspiracy theorists are doing, such as telling deliberate falsehoods and avoiding points and questions. Not to mention the actual abuse leveled at people who don't buy into conspiracy theories.

Also as I've stated most conspiracy theorists don't want to discuss conspiracy theories. They want to link dump about their own particular theories and then not have anyone doubt or question them.

I post here because I'm interested in conspiracy theories. In particular I'm interested in why people believe them when they are obviously false.

I also believe that misinformation like that posted in this thread should be confronted and challenged. Many posters provide great debunking information about the myths and propaganda being spread by conspiracy theorists.

Now for the actual topic.

Do you believe that the vaccines are dangerous?

If not why do you believe conspiracy theorists on thos thread have been claiming so? Why do you think they've been lying to do so?

Do I believe vaccines are dangerous? I think it is too early to tell. I think the risk/reward ratio for any healthy person under 30 is skewed against the vaccines. For under 18s even more so.

What I think is dangerous is the blind faith being placed in these drugs, rushing to vaccinate primary school kids, and talk of mandatory vaccines is dangerous.

Whilst I have seen plenty of accusations of lying, I haven’t seen any lies.

Did you miss the lies about metal being in the vaccines, them making arms magnetic, non magnetic coins sticking to people's arms, vaccines containing microchips, Bill Gates using the vaccine to do <SOMETHING>, 5G tracking being enabled by the vaccine, hundreds of thousands of people dying from the vaccines, sunburn (and other things like decapitation) being blamed on the vaccines...?

I must have missed a few, but those are some of the highlights.

lol Im qualified horticulturist,so I have an idea about plants, and it's probably possible to have a genetically modified potato that could possibly look like it's growing wings too, but I wouldn't eat GMOs... well possibly I have eaten them in cereals etc but as a rule I prefer to eat as much organic vegetables as I can.

I don't trust too much research on pesticides and herbicides etc that's why I'm interested in reading about different observations on the benifets and danger's of vaccines.

RNAi-based biopesticides and plant patogen interaction is very interesting too.

only been dipping in and out for the last few weeks, so have not seen any of the magnetic/5g/bill gates chat. Did see some talk of sunburn/decapitation but if I recall that was posted by somebody trying to discredit all adverse reactions? This is quite common.

i certainly don’t recall anybody genuinely trying to claim vaccines caused decapitation

people dying from the vaccine? Certainly has not been proven as a lie yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Asking someone "what is the conspiracy" is not derailing the thread

Conspiracy theorists generally have zero interest in normal discussion, they just want others to validate their fantasies, delusions or lies. Never to challenge their views.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Covid vaccines have been shown to be overwhelmingly safe, no one in this thread has demonstrated otherwise, no one has explained any coherent conspiracy.

The lie regarding sunburn and decapitation was down to conspiracy theorists taking the numbers of reports listed on medical issues reporting sites, where they happen to collate the data based on any other medical intervention that the patients have recently had... Such as vaccines.

Those numbers were then reported by conspiracy theorists as being actual proof of every adverse reaction to the vaccines with zero regard for the actual data within the reports, such as sunburn and decapitation, having absolutely nothing to do with vaccines.

The data is absolutely nothing to do with what conspiracy theorists were claiming it was. They do this every couple of months and have certainly used the UK, US, and EU versions of the data so far. Next time the thread cycles back around the topics they may be quoting another county reporting site if they can manage to translate it, but will of course ignore the pages of explanation about what the data doesn't represent.

but did anybody say vaccines cause decapitation?

if not then to say they did is a downright lie.

all I saw was posters claiming large numbers of adverts events reported, and then a pile on using sunburn and decapitation to discredit the poster.

but it is not a lie to say there are a staggeringly huge amount of adverse events reported with these vaccines.

• Advertisement
Advertisement