Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,094 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

A massive TA in my job: all those European election pamphlets have addresses on them (as opposed to generic publicity post) so we have to ignore 'no junk mail' notices. But every political party has a two-day window to get their candidates' leaflets through the door (FG had Tuesday Wednesday, SD today and tomorrow, we aren't allowed overlap), usually we can spread the junk mail over a week to slowly distribute them.

Which means our post is literally doubled every two days now with these damn leaflets, that are largely ignored or thrown into the bin anyway, and it's going to be relentless until the election on June 7th. It's not if we aren't busy enough with parcels as it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭suvigirl

AAhhhh, I never realised, I always thought anything without a name could be regarded as junk mail. Jaysis, that's sh1t. I feel bad for ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Ronnie O'Sullivan. The biggest whinger and drama queen known to man. Sick of seeing him in the news with his nonsense threatening to quit every two weeks. You'd think it didn't take him a quarter of a century to win 7 world championships against players hugely inferior. Give me Stephen Hendry any day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

physio for possible strapping - I’m a foot health practitioner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Mine too and I’m so TA’d I phoned An Post to be told they are government pamphlets. No they’re not, they are people wanting to get into government, they aren’t in government yet. Going back to the post office today and they can dispose of it.

I also got huskvana pamphlets too in my no junk mail / post box can only be opened by a an post - they are getting them back to - first patient works at an post, she might take them back for me!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Knots in laces that always appear at the wrong time. The more tired you are, the longer it takes to sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,182 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Signing up to something and they requiring a utility bill or likewise as proof of address.

Its 2024 ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭PP Lee

This middle aged wan who works in the coffee shop at work. She’s all nice and cheery with me when I’m at the counter getting a coffee . However the masks slips afterwards and she behaves like a complete and utter weapon to the young trainee staff there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,470 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

waking up dead tired, does my head in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Ok sometimes I post in here late at night but no one is obligated to respond and people don't get binging notifications. I've two WhatsApp groups one professional and one social that seem to think it's acceptable to post **** pre 9am. When did this become acceptable? And also people ringing in the middle of the night like on a school night and not an emergency or unique circumstance...just thought they'd ring for a chat? When did that become a thing?

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

This x1,000,000. As if there has never, in the history of either sport, been a single instance of crossover between rugby and GAA fans. Or that the 82,000-odd Leinster fans that are going tomorrow are exclusively from D4 and have never set foot north of the Wall Liffey in their lives. Sure how do they think we all get to the airport to go to our villas in Chamonix and Cannes??? 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 16,548 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The weather for the bank holiday weekend. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 28,338 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Where I live gets overrun with day trippers if weather is too nice… I'd settle for dull, dry and not too windy on a bank holiday weekend, but looks like it'll be wetter than that :(

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lads who say things like "well done my guy"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Teenage boys calling me "love".

It's not even trivially annoying it's really bloody annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Having no fun plans for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,094 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I am finally sitting down on the couch with a cup of tea after an 'epic' day of delivering those pesky things. Added basically three hours to the day. The thing is, the route I am on has over 1300 properties, and consistently has the most parcels every day. So to add election stuff to an already busy duty turns it into a brain melt. Added basically three hours to the day

Even worse, the majority of people on the route are Eastern European so may not even be registered to vote over here. That's not even including those who immediately throw them in the bin (I can't do that unfortunately).

Pain in the hoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Fridge packed up last week (couldn't fix it gas had leaked out) and this week the oven has packed up. Fixable just need to wait for Amazon to deliver a new element at the princely cost of £12.85.

Then wife had to remind me. "Good job my mother isn't still alive, she'd say "things go wrong in three's so now something else will go wrong""

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement

In the year before I moved from apartment to house … the shower, oven, intercom phone and washing machine all went :(

The worst timing.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Just as bad as your condescending, oblivious boss calling you a "good girl", when you're way closer to retirement than to your youth and when said boss is less than 2 years older than you.

Walking boots that are very comfortable and keep the wet out, but are as slippery as ****. Lethal on a wet gently sloping footpath, nevermind rocks. Not sure how they got past QA.

Penny dropped and I googled ..

Merrell boots

"Many of our styles feature Vibram (which mine do) branded rubber soles, which is an extremely durable material.  The ridges provide added traction - particularly when ascending steep climbs on the trail. The compromise for ensuring the rubber is hardy is that they can be a bit slippery on urban surfaces."

Jasus - so they are good for ascents but screw you anywhere else 😁

I have a pair with Vibram sole... different make... have noticed same issue. Most comfortable pair I have had - once off footpaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Roadworks. Roadworks err'where.

Also, zombie threads. Zombie threads err'where.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,868 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Basically what amounts to free ads for estate agents on the likes of the Examiner.

Overpriced matchbox of the week feature. "Affordable" houses. Affordable for who? Bill Gates?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭apache

When someone repeatedly asks you if you want some food off their plate and you are full up from your own. You politely refuse three times and then have to do a flat no and they get offended. Christ give me strength!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Quiz at work - what is longest day of the year in 2024?

Three multiple choice options - 19, 21, 23 June.

None of them correct as the assumption was made that it's "always" 21 June.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's the 20th, this year, isn't it? On account of it being a leap year etc.

Advertisement