Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,307 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was trying to shop for jeans Today. Apart from trying to find the correct size.

I couldn't make out the cut. They were sort of a granddad/teenager put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Yep, Vanilla is definitely back to jumping the cursor to mid-word as soon as you start typing. It's mildly infuriating, but getting less mild every time it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Stuck in bed not feeling well, the neighbors yelling along with their new puppy obsessively barking is not helping. Just another day in this madhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Baba Yaga

same…except when i tried a pair on they looked like id whizzed in them,according to 'herself that understands "fashion" its the latest trend…ffs i dont want to look like ive pished the strides!! who dreams up this stuff?

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I f*cking hate the NHS.

I'm having foot pain so to see the GP, I can either fill in an online form at precisely 8:00 (they're limited) or wait for 45 minutes on the phone. To be fair, the form works but it takes a while. I get to the end and it tells me to "seek medical attention" instead of passing the info to a clinician.

I f*cking hate the NHS.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Kingslayer

When a poster types up a really long post and then other posters keep quoting it and clogging up the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The bloody price of fuel. 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 28,318 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Getting fuel - then seeing price drop (ok, hasn't happened for a while!)

Holding off on getting fuel - but price increases.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

I queued for ages at by far the cheapest Circle K around last week, then picked up the wrong fcuking pump by accident - the Miles "Plus" one. Had a good 12 litres or so in before I copped the price on the pump was way higher than the one on the sign, and realised why. And then to add insult to injury, I was so annoyed about it when I went in to pay that I forgot to use the Parking Tag 4c-off-per-litre offer. I was raging.

Still am, tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Sigma101

So I got a new electric toothbrush on recommendation from my dental hygienist.

The toothbrush now gives me a sarcastic half-smile if I brush my teeth for less than 2 minutes.

Promised myself a bath after taking the dog for a good long walk. Halfway through said walk and I've just realised I forgot to put the hot water on before I left the house 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I spilled a glass of water on my trousers this morning. at lunchtime I spilled a cup of tea on myself. I am currently on my third pair of trousers and second pair of underpants of the day. Currently.

Also, on what planet is it less hassle to wash up all your breakfast things by hand rather than just empty the shagging dishwasher???

• Registered Users Posts: 24,892 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

a delivery arrives.

Doorbell rings, I’m there in about 15 - 20 seconds. The courier is just driving off. I looked down and the package is left by the big plant pot, unsecured and vulnerable to the elements as well as obviously…theft.

I check the delivery record online… ‘package handed to recipient’…..🙄 was it fúck it was handed to nobody… it was dumped…..if it was handed to me I’d have signed for it…🖕🏻

Customer service in 2024 is now an absolute joke… I blame covid and society absolutely bending over to acquiesce to businesses and deprioritising the most basic service requirements and simple expectations and entitlements of customers.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Sneezing so hard multiple times that you're in danger of pulling a muscle

• Registered Users Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The team on todays The Chase . Each one of them could have gone high and they romped home in the final chase with a score of 23 . Why not go for it and it would have been 110K they won

• Registered Users Posts: 33,148 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Adverts now on various apps or websites, which deliberately won't leave the screen, even when you hit the X or CLOSE button. Some even have a countdown when you are supposed to be able to close it, but it ignores your press and makes you watch more.

And similarly, websites that have something like a login button close to an advert banner, and yet despite you being VERY careful and making sure you tap the login button , it pretends you hit the advert banner, just so they can show you it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,171 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Thought it was my phone.

Yes crazy with weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,148 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Lack of proper investigative journalism in this country.

Just some recent examples. We are hearing about the refugees and their tents, and how it's ruining the area and people are afraid to pass there at night. Or what about UHL and the fact the A&E is like a war zone?

Why aren't rte sending crews down to these or a reporter to do a special, so we can see what's really going on?

More locally, in a dire housing crisis, there is a development of social housing which was built and completed about 12 months ago, yet is lying idle due to a dispute between builder and council. Maybe 40 or 50 homes, empty. Yet I have never seen a local media article about it. The local journos too busy doing party photos!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Mod - Can we keep this thread for the trivial stuff please?
    There are threads in CA for all of the weightier issues.

ETA - As per the forum charter: Please don't query or argue mod actions on thread. If you disagree with something an AH forum mod has said or done, please PM them to discuss it.

Thanks

Hilda

Post edited by HildaOgdenx on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Picking up a click and collect order, and only noticing when I got home that the chicken is out of date today. 🤬

Guess we're having chicken for dinner.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You need a black permanent marker to wipe that smile off its face.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

An online form! That's high tech for the NHS. My GP doesn't even have that option. You just have to try call at 8.30 along with 7 million other people and just keep ringing over and over again until you get through. I've never avoided a GP as much in my life. I'd rather go to A&E than try get an urgent appointment with the GP.

TA - I think I've hurt my back, but I've no idea how. I went for a gentle walk this morning then sat at the desk to start work. So who knows what's happened.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

That's horrible. Maybe I should be more grateful. My TA is that I keep getting what I'm pretty sure is plantar fasciitis and I've no idea why. I don't run as I'm a lazy fecker.

Anyway, I submitted a voicemail and they rang me after 5pm yesterday when I was on the tube. I obviously missed the call. They texted me telling me to expect another in 10 minutes but rang an hour later.

A mixed bag to say the least.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I was talking with an elderly lady about gardening, recently. We talked about jasmine, and now that some flowers have bloomed I showed her a sprig, making it very clear to her I was only showing it to her as the flowers were for another person. Her hearing is better than mine. But she said I was very thoughtful for giving it to her and grabbed it off my hands. I'm pissed off 'cause the actual recipient will have to wait, and because it was a lovely sprig. And yet I know it's very trivial.

And chances are that she'll throw it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I thought I had that as well, insoles and decent shoes sorted whatever it was.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

IME, I get full relief for a while and then it comes back. First time I got it, I had Clark's shoes that seemed fine. Only difference was that I had to buy them online due to the pandemic.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Calf raises for the plantar thing. Simple five minute job daily, totally sorted me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Broadband gone again! 😠 it's nearly off more than it's on the last few months

Advertisement