Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

That's horrible. Maybe I should be more grateful. My TA is that I keep getting what I'm pretty sure is plantar fasciitis and I've no idea why. I don't run as I'm a lazy fecker.

Anyway, I submitted a voicemail and they rang me after 5pm yesterday when I was on the tube. I obviously missed the call. They texted me telling me to expect another in 10 minutes but rang an hour later.

A mixed bag to say the least.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I was talking with an elderly lady about gardening, recently. We talked about jasmine, and now that some flowers have bloomed I showed her a sprig, making it very clear to her I was only showing it to her as the flowers were for another person. Her hearing is better than mine. But she said I was very thoughtful for giving it to her and grabbed it off my hands. I'm pissed off 'cause the actual recipient will have to wait, and because it was a lovely sprig. And yet I know it's very trivial.

And chances are that she'll throw it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,592 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I thought I had that as well, insoles and decent shoes sorted whatever it was.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

IME, I get full relief for a while and then it comes back. First time I got it, I had Clark's shoes that seemed fine. Only difference was that I had to buy them online due to the pandemic.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Calf raises for the plantar thing. Simple five minute job daily, totally sorted me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Broadband gone again! 😠 it's nearly off more than it's on the last few months

• Registered Users Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I think I figured out how I hurt my back. A jalapeno went down the wrong tube last night at dinner and I spent a good 10 minutes coughing up my lungs. I reckon that's what's hurt my back. My sister said I'm like the female version of Mr Bean.

I swear to god since I turned 40 everything is rapidly starting to fall apart. I also get what I think is plantar fasciitis on and off. It comes and goes though. No way am I even trying to get an appointment for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭blade1

UPS after delivering a €500 guitar I ordered to somewhere in a town 25km away.

MORONS!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Bank Holiday mindset has kicked off early in Dublin. Stay away from the shopping areas Saturday Sunday and Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,925 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

a tshirt I was considering buying, decided to buy now having seen it last week online…. Size sold out, no more will be in stock. Bummer. 😬

• Advertisement

the realisation that I’m down to 1 single pint glass….
    Having had a collection amassed…purchased, gifted and indeed lifted…(from the odd hotel)….

From memory Guinness x 3, Becks x 2, Heineken x2 , Carlsberg x1, Kronenberg x1, San Miguel x1

Have 1 Stella glass left…. I didnt break any of them…

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hehehe. I've seen where she's left it. I'll wait until she's gone to dinner and see if she's "forgotten" it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Just going out to cut the grass, a long job that takes a few hours. Looked for ear phones to listen to something while at it. Looked everywhere and couldn't find them. Checked pockets of an outdoor jacket I wear when mowing sometimes and brilliant there I can feel them in the pocket - until I pull out a car tyre valve cap. Didn't find them in the end.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That the Euromillions was won yesterday and is back down to 14 million . Not worth doing it 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭PP Lee

The poxy bus breaking down this morning at Turvey roundabout outside Swords. I had no intention of waiting around to be squeezed like a sardine onto the next bus so I got a cab the rest of the way into work which ended up costing €50

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I can relax now, guitar has been delivered to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,469 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

A certain cohort of posters who just. Can't. Not. Be. Pricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭Archeron

Got porridge for breakfast this morning, two euro for plain or three euro with fruit, so thought why not splash out and get the three euro one.

Handed the porridge and the cashier pointed to the toppings across the shop at the coffee station, which consisted of either sunflower seeds or chia seeds.

Call me picky, but they're not fruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,893 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Galway Beo and their ilk: clickbaity headlines on fairly humdrum articles.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,419 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Trying to submit a claim on health insurance from Specsavers and the receipt is crap thermal paper. Can't get a good picture.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

Regularly toast a single slice of toast. Its TAing that both slots in the toaster heat up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,109 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Just spotted a mouse casually strutting across the kitchen.

Which means my irrational fear of them is going to flare up until I 'dispose' of the fecker.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,109 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Update: turns out it was a shrew. Had a longer snout, and didn't have the street smarts of its cousins, emerged from its hiding spot (without even noticing the trap I set), moving slowly and oblivious to my presence. Dog took no notice, but I managed to humanely usher it out the door (well it was still alive when released outside).

Feel so manly right now.

Could hardly get more trivial. If I post pics from my phone and add three full stops to avoid the dreaded "Body is 1 character too short", they remain as three dots ... . However, on the laptop they autocorrect to an ellipsis, like so … , but they count as one character, so the error message appears anyway and I have to add a fourth. What a pain.

That a large number of people who frequent this very forum don't seem to have the first idea of what "inexplicable" means.

Also, and this is quite possibly the most first world TA ever, but my ice maker wouldn't go into its cleaning mode earlier.

Post edited by Dial Hard on

my ice maker wouldn't go into its cleaning mode earlier.

Inexplicable!

hay fever pretty bad, eyes mainly, nose running, lots of lawnmowers on the go around here as to be expected being summer now , can hardly see the screen typing this. 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 28,419 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I am reminded of...

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Ps hope you got it sorted

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭suvigirl

That Catholic associations and political parties think 'no junk mail' doesn't refer to them.

Advertisement