Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,394 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Took a bit longer getting ready to go into the office this morning coz I looked out the window when I got up and it was dry. By the time I stepped out the front door it was lashing. Meaning I missed the good direct bus and had to get the crappy bus that goes around the world. End result is I ended up in the office at the same time I would've made it in had I just walked. Dryer - but more TA'd. Bah.

Edited to add second TA. Heating hasn't working in the office since Monday. But only in our little dungeon room and not the whole building. Facilities gave us some portable heaters as a remedy but seem to be doing nothing to actually fix the heating. And with no air flow the fumes from the building next door are just lingering in the air all day. I already have a headache from it. We shouldn't have to work in these conditions. I might go work from home at lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Every day this week so far, I've had ppl tell me not to use my card to pay for services as we need to keep cash going(no issue with that as my sld makes card transactions harder)

Ta my life is not so settled that the only thing I have to worry about is if some unknown entity is or will be tracking my purchases using my cash and leap cards, for no reason any of them can clarify for me.

😒

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,215 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Spent a few weeks thinking about applying for a job in the Netherlands. Usually get interviews when I apply to this company.

Decided, "feck it" and applied anyway. Got rejected this morning.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I know that nothing is coming down only the rain, but €9.20 for a Big Mac meal (large) feck 😶

It's a good while since I had one but I think it was around 7.50

I didn't even get the usual 3 months supply of ketchup, just the one sachet 😁

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭wildwillow

This rain. I need to forget planting potatoes in my little plot this year, I'm thinking rice would be a better crop. Or invest in raised beds.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The new DIB dockets being issued by An Post. You know the things put through the letter box when you have a parcel to collect.

They are a lot more complicated now, with more filling in to do for us postmen. And of course, Irish seems to be more prevelant on the form itself than English, which is fat use on my route in particular which definitely has an Eastern European majority.

Silly change.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,007 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I had to check the date again to make sure it wasn't April Fools after seeing this story in the Indo.

And they are calling this a major war in Europe, and this is a story? Had it been 5 humans it might have been a story.

But then again we are talking about a war zone where refugees go back to for Xmas holidays and where refugees local to me have actually returned to for good. They must have got fed up in Donegal, and thought they'd take their chances in a 'war zone'.

https://m.independent.ie/world-news/europe/ukrainian-firefighters-rescue-five-puppies-from-under-destroyed-building/a2061427189.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

Why do people have to strim everything to bits? There should be more wildflowers growing here but someone mustn't like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,815 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

mothers birthday Sunday…. 7 of us enjoyed a take away together tonight and tomorrow she is being taken to her favourite hotel for a nice posh meal.

Problem tonight being Friday her best mate calls on the phone as we are three quarters way through the food. My Dad is told…. ‘leave the phone, we can call whoever back’. He doesn’t and it turns out to be my mother’s best pal, a thoroughly genuinely nice person but a chatterbox motorgob like you would not believe, who not only can’t take a hint…. “ just sitting down having a bite with the family “…. Or just doesn’t want to being desperate for a chat as usual…. Fücks sake….🤌🏻

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,215 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I love watching classic Simpsons episodes on Channel 4 but they're showing Grampa vs Sexual Inadequacy and it's been censored to feck. I'd consider getting Disney Plus but it looks like it's the same there.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Archeron

Stupid car colors. Saw a brand new car earlier, lovely car but the colour could only be described as Nuclear Snot.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,935 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

On the car subject, how cars makes are much less distinctive in their models. Ford v Toyota were much more distinctive say.

I know it has been done for safety and performance reasons, but still.

Sometimes such as vehicle IDs after a crime\incident, it may have less trivial consequences.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,196 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I hate the fact that loads of cars these days look like they've been designed by a 12-year-old to "look cool", all sharp edges and weird angles, like robots made of shards and of LEDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

They're the same crowd who give out about a few cherry blossom petals blowing around for a couple of weeks of the year. Miseryguts, one and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm on the bus on my way into Lansdowne for the match. The traffic is chronic, we've gotten pretty much red light the entire way and the driver is stopping at every single stop, whether anyone is getting on/off or not. I may actually kill someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The fair weather Grand National gamblers who hold up the queue in the bookies with the most inane questions. Actually overheard one woman ask 'what does it mean to back win on a horse?'.

Move outta the way lady, and let me lose my money with a least a bit of knowledge of how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

A Garda drove past in the opposite direction earlier.

His head buried in his phone.

I was on my bike so got a perfect view.

If the enforcers are even at it, what hope is there?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

You could be Max Verstappen but once you're in a Skoda on the secondary roads in this country (any road really) and put a phone/tablet/bowl of cereal in front of you all bets are off. Absolutely no excuse, at all.

Dem Skodas are lethal Joe.

ps totally agree with your general point, just thought the emphasis on Skoda a bit odd and have responded in AH style!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

I’m binging a series called Captivated that I taped off tv.

My brain must be wired funny cos all I can hear in my head now is the gorgeous voice of Cerys Matthews as she sings the word in the opening of Catatonia’s Mulder and Scully!!!

When shops do this... you get the hang of where things are:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Speaking of supermarkets, Tesco home delivery service. You would think that filling the carts would be better done in the store room area where most things would be and probably easier to get to. But no, they have to have multiple large and small carts in every aisle blocking the way of shoppers moving down the aisles and getting near items. It's getting worse each week and on top of that they decide to restock the shelves at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,196 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've this notification and I can't clear it for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Getting afternoon headaches lately, they are becoming an everyday occurrence.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,378 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I went to the chipper at 9.40 ish , only to be told last orders are 9.45 . I wish I wore a watch because it was 9.43 in the car dashboard

• Registered Users Posts: 16,368 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I have one too, turns out a poster I've never heard of quoted me, they were banned and the post nuked. I suspect it wasn't a flattering post, but the constant notification is bugging me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,794 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Missed out on a pint in a wetherspoons in London by a few seconds

Advertisement