Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,824 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

all the scam phone calls lately… ive known loads of people who have received them…I’ve managed to avoid them… until now…

20 mins ago…. “Your revolut card has been…..”

That’s something, I don’t have and have never been in possession of one of those cards….

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

OMG, which one of my many Revolut is it? I've just transferred €50k to a Nigerian prince, I'd hate to think he wouldn't get them...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

What's with the recent thing of the caps being attached to cartons and plastic bottles? I must have missed the memo about it. Kind of a nuisance, particularly on milk.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 11,032 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

How quickly your recycling bin re-fills less than a day after the trip to the recycling centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Archeron

Out walking in the rain earlier, bobble hat on, woman walking towards me also bebobblehatted and head down. I couldn't tell she was on the phone via earbuds and right as she was beside me she shouted BAWWWWWWWW at about seven thousand decibels on her call and scared the begorrah out of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Poxy VRT ******* piece of ****!

Trying to buy a car. None of the one I want in this country so would have to import. Already expensive with VAT and import duty, but not only does the VRT calculator not have the car I want on it, despite being on the market for three years, the closest approximation I can get adds almost €16k to the price!

Bloody illegal VRT makes an already expensive car unaffordable…….

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I went to the shop to get Ruffles , but they had different ones . Poxy raspberry and coconut, not the same ones I got before . I’m raging as I’ve been looking forward to them all week 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

How fashion changes. This look is really in now. The wide jeans, etc. A few years ago this would have been considered a grandad look.

I once wore shoes like this outside of school and got a terrible doing for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,034 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Fashion has to keep reinventing itself to keep us buying, otherwise we'd buy a couple of pairs of jeans every 5 years.

This year skinny is all in, wear flares and we'll laugh at you.

Next year, flares are all in. Your skinny jeans look terrible, despite the fact they have about 10yrs wear left in them.

Fashion is doing more damage than air travel.

I'm glad I'm a middle aged man and don't care any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I really get this.

I think what annoys me is when people say there never switching back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,257 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

First thought when I saw that image, was that his mammy must think he will grow into them.

If the skinny jeans are gone at least the "wide jeans" are just slightly less annoying, IMO.

This is why the fashion industry annoys me, it is like they think "What have we not done for a few years, let's do that!" It is basically the same stuff in cycles.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Forgot my noise cancelling headphones for a flight (first world problems, I know but that’s where I live!). Mid flight someone nearby starts watching a football match on their phone on loud speaker! FFS. No wifi on board so it must be a download.
    Turns out to be a guy well in his 40’s if not older doing it!
    His son says to him as we’re disembarking ‘still one/nil is it?’. Was he watching a live match in the air??

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Reminds me of a toned down version of the xworx jeans from '95 ish, just missing the hip hop t-shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

The ole 70's early 80's men's hair styles are coming back as well. Bloody mullets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Sitting on the live thread for the stardust tribunitial( while we are not directly impacted, it so easily have been one of the two ppl mentioned in this post)

SO HAPPY when I read the verdict and spread this news to the person with me, all through the report they kept saying "Oh they can sue for that" over and over.

Ta'ed that I forgot that they would always respond to this, some ppl just cant break out of their programming or be happy for other ppl.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

during the pandemic the council stopped mowing the grass verges. Here anyway they haven’t returned to doing them. All the neighbours muck in and nearby a lad who I’m guessing must be around 83 and always has had an amount of civic pride shall we say…does over his side and outside his neighbours…. A lifetime of paying tax, which he still does and which we all do and his thanks in the twilight of his life is he gets to do the councils job for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,257 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

And the 80’s chunky wide glasses, except they are see through. They look like eye protectors for labs.They annoy me to look at. Who decided they were the “in thing” ?

To be honest when I see anyone with them on. I have to stop myself saying “Where’s yer lab coat?”

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Lawns and cut grass like that are deserts for insects and pollinators. Leaving them uncut is part of the All Ireland Pollinator Plan.

Cui bono?

didn’t know that thanks, maybe the council could still keep them at least tidy and cut the back so the grass isn’t overspilling onto the paths which it is big time, dangerous when wet and a person with a mobility issue is walking….. verge maintenance would be desirable but seeing none of that either.. Either way pretty much all verges here are being cut by the neighbours, obviously not liking the plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Misuse of “disgusting” i.e in relation to protestors outside Roderic O’Gorman’s house.

Unacceptable or appalling would be better.

Disgusting is eating with your mouth open or maybe taking a dump in a urinal.

Quite a few of those glasses where the frame is so thick it looks like it is obstructing the middle of your vision.

My nutcase neighbour is off on one again. Started last night standing in front of our front window, did it twice. Then started again today doing same and standing right on the path outside the kitchen window while I'm in the kitchen. Moved my stuff in front of our side. She has no reason to go to these places unless she's trying to get our attention and get someone out. Now she's trying to bully me to vote for her mouthpiece for a committee, while they didn't bother to turn up for the meeting in the first place.

F*cking trying to avoid them all day and it's like running the gauntlet when I do go outside.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Water bombs. If you want to fill them with water, it's up to you.

well within throwing distance she was 6ft of me when I was at the sink

From upstairs it's even better, she doesn't see it coming.

Would work over our front door when she walks up our path. 😈

• Registered Users Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Is.she actually in your front garden/drive/ property??

Or do you have a public path outside the kitchen window?

You could always put pictures of some horrendous stuff in the window for her to look at......

I’m home 50 minutes and my neighbours dog is going apeshit barking, yelping and screeching again

Hopefully it tires itself out by the time it gets dark and I can relax, in peace and quiet.

The noisiest inconsiderate gobshîte of a neighbour would have to get the noisiest head melt of a dog….

• Advertisement

It's a weird setup. The garden is communal. The house split in 2 where our "Front" is the back and a path stops in front of our window and just before that a path leads to our front door like a driveway. There is a patch of grass on their side and ours.

To get out our front door to go to the shops we have to walk up their side but we keep that to a minimum because of privacy. We have to pass by 4 windows. They are big windows.

Our back is the main front and garden, the main path splits to their front door and carries on to our back door that is around to the side of the building. We use that if its wet out because we only pass 1 window, we go through the grass otherwise. That path is like the one we would use if we went out our front door, it's right by the windows. The only thing on our side are the smart meters for the power.

It's only fair we keep to our own sides especially when it's right outside the door and windows, and they said the same when we moved in. But our side is their dogs toilet area and our plants have been damaged by her carelessness.

My family do not like it especially my mum when she is still in her dressing gown and someone is standing right outside our windows on purpose like Danny Glick. This thing of her standing in front of our windows is something she does when she is annoyed or trying to get our attention to go out to her, she knows there is cctv in the windows because of late night snooopers. They had no problem with them there. We've had her do it at 22.30 at night and it's got to a point we check the camera before heading out to make sure she's not out there waiting.

I have plant pots in front of our back window on the grass, it's on our side and she will come over and move our stuff. I have never moved anything belonging to them except their chairs when blocking the main path. She does not understand boundaries of any kind. It's something to see and experience to understand.

Advertisement