Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

In the mornings on my way to the bus stop there's an average built fella who trundles along on one of those single wheel segway scooter things while smoking so I end up getting a blast of his rotten smoke as he passes me.

In the evening times when I get off the bus to walk home there's a much fatter guy who also has a single wheel segway scooter and who does the exact same thing by rolling past me while smoking. Two weeks while going for a walk to the beach I saw the same fatty segway guy trundling up the narrow road puffing on his rolly fag while causing a line of traffic to build up behind him. I just find it lazy, decadent and selfish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

People who think it's ok to give numerous beeps of the horn in a residential area at 6:30am when collecting someone. Text/call you absolute muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Also dangerous, almost got creamed by one on a footpath recent - was looking at a flowerbed and turned to start walking again and one of these numpties was passing me as i moved out a bit, missed by mms. Annoying thing is he went off on his way as if nothing happened, no apology or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

TA by those electric scooters. The riders are rude af and like Mimon said they almost knock you over without a word.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Encountered one recently. I always crawl towards the front of the estate when driving out because there are usually people out and about, walking. I'm amazed at all the people who don't even glance as they walk/ cycle / let children/ pets run across, but anyway.

This idiot on a scooter, with a small child in his arms, shot across the entrance, then straight into oncoming traffic, in order to cross the main road. It was frightening, tbh. His lucky day that none of the drivers were going fast. That poor child. 🥺

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Had a video interview (well more of a "answer 4 questions in 60 seconds each" video application) for a new job I'm looking to get. I muddled up my words in one instance and the worst part was there were no retakes.

I hope to fúcking god they looked at my personality, body language and eye contact on top of my tone of voice and thought it was enough rather than "he couldn't string that one sentence, don't hire him"

Ugh, this is torture

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Like in point 1. I had a similar experience in an expensive city centre hotel, I booked in for a break after an emotionally and physically time. I could barely stand with the tiredness and unprocessed grief and emotions. Because I was so wiped I used to eat in the evenings in their dining room/concession. I was brought a receipt to sign for my bottled water/meal when I ate there.

One night, after walking all over the city and having gotten some more bad news about a loved one, while in the shower the room phone rings demanding I come down and pay for my meal. I explained that I was just out of the shower and too tired to go down stairs again (5 flights), the response was that I had to as I was marked as a walk out and the restaurant manager would call the police if I didn't.

I said that I had signed for the meal as usual, this was tisked tisked and I was patronisingly told that I had signed for the water. And to come down immediately. I arrived down in my shower robe and a female member of staff explained that manager was a bit hyper and she personally was really sorry about this. I signed the receipt.

Went from eating there twice a day to not at all for the rest of my stay, worst of all, the manager responsible for the error(I signed for everything I was asked to sign for) looked at me in askance every time I want passed.

I was booked into the hotel for a period of time! this could easily have been handled without fuss by putting on that bill or waiting until the morning.

Ta I now hate hotels.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

When your pillows start to go a bit flat and they don't fit inside the pillow case properly

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

There is a van that I’m thinking collects airport, dock or factory workers, and therefore collects a neighbor of mine nearby at around 00.45... a few times a week .... depending on the driver I guess...a hearty heavy leaning double horn beep on approach to notify them...I’m a real night / morning owl so I’m awake usually but that shît at 00.45 in a residential neighborhood ? You’d want to be some soft in the fûckin head moronic goon from the peoples republic of cuntsville to think that is ok.... the row of property has literally people aged from about 1-92 who most of would be liking to achieve sleep at that time....

if the person is meant to be there at 00.45 and aren’t, stop and call them, if they don’t present themselves, drive on and notify your employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

My neighbours got windchimes that sound like a scene where Snow White has just woken up in a daze with all seven dwarves standing around her, their widened eyes darting around the room...

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Competitions on social media

Click the link to answer the question and enter..... but there's always the goons who "like and share" in the hope they might win. Probably without having clicked the link 🙄

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

And then there's the 'this would be a great prize for me because my head just fell off and doctors aren't sure it can be reattached. My parents lost all their savings to a conman and and and and...'

(Okay. I mostly laugh at the guff people throw in, in the hope that it will help them to win something 😂)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

We had a Panda ( the company) recycling collection this morning on our road....I woke to hear a dreadful barnstorming racket of loud voices shouting, stuff being thrown, dropped etc... I thought.. ‘hmm that can’t be professional recycling experts’... it wasn’t... instead it was members of a certain indigenous community trespassing en masse on people’s property including ours (before they were told to get away) to remove stuff we’d all left out just inside our gate for recycling... wed been asked to leave our stuff just inside our gardens as opposed to out on the road/path..as apparently they are just swooping and grabbing what they want and leaving the place wrecked... it was freaky seeing a load of strangers just walking into and onto the property of others and start sifting through stuff not belonging to them and not left for them...

TA by the directors PA giving me grief today. You didn't communicate what you wanted clearly but its my fault . Grrrr

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

When you stick your neck out for someone and do them a massive favour (get them a summer job) and they put so little effort into it that you regret helping them. Difficult to look the people paying their wages in the eye now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,747 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Quiet you.

It's a beautiful culture, like watching an Apache warrior on horseback sweeping majestically across the plains in pursuit of the wily buffalo.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

" NEW EASY OPEN PACK !!! "

*opening tab proceeds to rip clean off and item is still completely sealed in packaging

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭Archeron

I was on mute on a zoom call earlier, doing the usual nodding and smiling when appropriate. The cord on my headset must have got pressed between my belly and the desk and I guess I hit the mute button on the cable, unbeknownst to me, and just as I needed to burp. So instead of doing a single loud burp, which might have been visible, I did a long protracted buuuuuurrrrrrrp instead, as I knew I could keep nodding and smiling and nobody would notice.

Good Lord did they notice....... (on the plus side, two of the people on the call started laughing)

TA by myself. I am unable to wear light coloured clothing without spilling something on it usually coffee

• Advertisement

Haven’t been sleeping so well this last 10 days, heat, humidity, a bit on my mind, whatever.... I’m tired...I woke this morning early and convinced myself I’ve nothing to do, but nagging in the back of my mind I know I have... checked email... yes, I booked the gym for 3pm, no shows are frowned upon obviously with the covid situation places are paramount, I could cancel anyway but you lose your booking credits and therefore cash if you cancel less then 24 hours before your scheduled appointment... you can’t reschedule that close in either...

so I’ll probably go down there, sit on a bike for 30 minutes, use any other equipment you can sit on, look at the TVs....

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Whestsidestory

When people use 'Eh..' when posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Posting a care package to Canada, what used to be €25 is now €50 fee 😢😢

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Can someone direct me to Ranting and Raving Forum again, fecking computer doesn't remember. Want to complain about that bloody Permanent TSB ad and that stupid mug shot of Amy Cooper who gets flashed on Boards, please remove her, such an annoying face.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

I have. At an evening meal. I'm not joking. Every time my husband or I started a sentence, it was pierced by the baby of the mother at the next table yowling. We really tried to persevere but eventually asked for a doggy bag and left. We were not able to hold a conversation. The mother made a moderate to low effort to quieten her child. She was really not arsed. It was an excruciating experience, to be honest. And we really did give it our best shot to enjoy our meal. We don't get out much so it was a big deal for us.

And I've seen plenty of misbehaving children ar restaurants down the years. Quite a few cases of getting in the way of the wait staff, which really isn't on and quite dangerous. Who'd be trouble if a scalding happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

That genuinely sucks. I lived in an apartment/house complex and I have to say the management office/security are really on the ball at telling people in parked cars and on their balconies to keep the music down, that hundreds of people don't want to hear their epic choons. And I really grateful for it. I don't get how people don't realise that they are disrupting literally hundreds of people who don't care to listen to Flo Rida blasting from their car.

I’ve seen that shît too, kids left to run a muck in between tables, waiting staff with arms full of plates trying to do their best to navigate around them whilst retaining a calm and professional demeanor...and screaming!

kids will be kids but what is it in 2021 with the outright number of absolutely shîte, lazy and scummy parents who are oblivious to the entitlement to wellbeing and comfort of people around them...

There you go. It should be under a tab for 'Groups' at the top of your screen, if you are on desktop.

And on phone, click on the three bars on the top left of your screen and you get a drop-down menu, and your groups are there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I think the reason there isn't something like that here is this estate is not owned by the council, or what I mean is all the houses in here can only be bought or rented from an agency. I don't know if that even makes a difference considering the law is the law when it comes to noise pollution, but I always have this daft mentality that people can do what they like because "I bought this house", and because I'm renting and paying someone else's mortgage I have to suck it up and deal with it -- I have no say, I'm lesser.

That's what I take from it.

Advertisement