Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you don't like that everybody else does.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Gigs, festivals etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Archeron

Kewreeuss wrote: »
    Oysters and all raw fish, like in sushi with cold slimy rice.
    I love herring which is rarely in the shops. One day in Lidl I saw rolled up herring fillets in a jar, from Poland. Oh my God. They were raw and FOUL.
    However I love those little whitebait fillets in vinegar you get as appetisers.

Sea snots . With you on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

But the only two that seem to rile people up for no reason they have yet been able to explain are owning a Television......

Is owning a television or multiple televisions not the standard? I've never not had at least two televisions in the house. Currently two televisions and a projector with 80" and great sound system in two rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Coffee.. Detest it.

Other foodstuffs would be the aforementioned Avocado, Tomatos, Turnips, Broccolli, Pasta (although I can just about tolerate that in very small doses..), Pepper and any very spicy foods such as Indian.

Cats.....definitely cats !!
    I think cats are really a love or hate thing though so that wouldn't be unusual IMO.

DJs' that play or mix others songs and call themselves musicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Wine, Prosecco, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Social media is top of that long list. I use it sparingly. I think the natural order is that you don't see or hear from certain people for sizable chunks of time (or ever again) and then you catch up once in a while. Now, social media means you are continually updated on the mundanities of people's lives which are of absolutely no interest to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Lobster and Prawns.

Just no.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭YellowLead

The word ‘mates’ instead of friends

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Fairy cakes (I call them buns) - plain think lumps of stodgy with no flavour you are supposed to enjoy but they make me feel sick. Vanilla ice cream sickens me too.

highdef wrote: »
    Is owning a television or multiple televisions not the standard? I've never not had at least two televisions in the house. Currently two televisions and a projector with 80" and great sound system in two rooms.

No I mean I do _not_ own one and have not for more than 15 years. And this seems to freak some people out for - reasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Wine, Prosecco, etc.

Im with you on that , ive for years to try and find a wine i like .Im now of the opinion that all wine is piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭DodoDojo

DJs' that play or mix others songs and call themselves musicians.[/QUOTE]

This so much. It's such a shame that live music is being replaced by DJ's in so many venues nowadays.
    You have people who spent years learning their craft, coming together to form a band and spending many hours working on their set replaced by some person who never wrote a song in their life and hasn’t a musical or creative bone in their body.

Michael D Higgins. Pompous little man with a vicious temper and a very high opinion of himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MaccaTacca

GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭IngridM20

Beer. Yuck. The smell too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

White "wine" is an abomination on human culture.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Michael D Higgins. Pompous little man with a vicious temper and a very high opinion of himself.

I was going to post that but I said I’d be nice given it’s his birthday soon but your correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

highdef wrote: »

Not had a TV for …. around 30 years.. I was offered one here but said no; I have youtube and that is plenty for me. Only used even a radio when I had no ESB here when I was new. Silence is golden..

Tea.

As I was born and raised in Lancashire where they exist on tea even more than here I was seen as a problem. They tried everything to get me to drink it.

My last memory of tea was at the hospital we had raced to when my mother had been in a road accident. They told me she was dead and gave me a cup of nasty lukewarm stewed tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Colemans Mustard. URRRGH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Cats. They utterly repulse me. I have broken up with girls because they kept cats in the house.

I lot of people hate cats in fairness...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

Anything on TV apart from sport and current affairs. I just can't get into films, dramas or comedy and barely anything holds my attention. There are some very rare exceptions such are Frasier, but I couldn't bear to watch most of the stuff shown on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,753 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Sports
    Any kind at all. Utter boredom as far as I'm concerned.

Things with icing or fresh cream on them. Meh.

Festivals in muddy fields.

Most modern buildings. At least the atrocious ones that get somehow get permission to be built here.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

"Local" musicians or people who do songs on youtube/facebook or whatever and whose style is just "reference a nearby place or thing in your song/rap/skit so local people understand the reference and think they're in on the joke"

Get sent them on whatsapp and the like every few weeks. Sh*te the equivalent of "I was talking to a girl, She was rank and dirty, But what would you expect, She's from Enniscorthy" sang in the local bogger dialect so all the local d*ckheads can laugh because they're not from Enniscorthy.

That and Tiktok videos and the like where it's just people miming over something from a sitcom or movie, like they're the comedic genius who came up with something funny.

Basically I just need to delete Whatsapp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Tea, Butter and Eggs - FÚCKING HORRIBLE

Sports
    Any kind at all. Utter boredom as far as I'm concerned.

Things with icing or fresh cream on them. Meh.

Festivals in muddy fields.

Most modern buildings. At least the atrocious ones that get somehow get permission to be built here.

With you on 1, 3 and 4 but LOVE iced and cream cakes - rarely see them out here but LOVE them.

A lot of fussy eaters around here. Sign of a spoiled child my mother always said.

butter on bread/rolls

Sauces on food.....if you need either of these,what your eating isnt nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

The Beatles

Good band, but overrated i.m.h.o, so many average songs and their albums have plenty of filler.

There's a Beatles tournament running currently if you like The Beatles/filler.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=2058176962

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Groups

Advertisement