Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Spring Cleaning 2021 - Braun Strowman, Aliester Black, Buddy Murphy & More

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Doesnt he own the rights to "No More Words" too or does WWE?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The rights to it belong to Endeverafter & Jim Johnston, seeing as they wrote it. So I'd imagine all Jeff would have to do is pay licensing to them for it's use IF he turns up in AEW.

Turns out Endeverafter split in 2012, so that might complicate things.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tricking WWE into firing him by making everyone think he’s got a bad drug or drink problem that’s relapses is a pretty smooth-brain move, if his goal is get to AEW. Khan won’t touch him with a barge pole unless there’s a public admission of going to rehab.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Even beyond the rehab thing, if it was the case that he got one over on WWE in real world terms he has deceived an employer to get out of a contract, he's showing he's not trustworthy so why take the risk.

Interesting timing with the Freddy Prinze story talking about how he went to bat for him to become champ, HHH was against it saying that he wasn't trustworthy and in the end Jeff proved HHH right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,072 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Sami sign a new contract with WWE as well as KO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ThePott

The rumour going around lately is that people (fellow wrestlers) suspect he's signed a new contract but it's not been confirmed and he's stayed quiet about it apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Johnny Mundo is returning to AAA to take on El Hijo del Vikingo for the AAA Mega Championship on February 19th at Rey de Reyes two days after his 90 day no compete clause ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Toni Storm released apparently.. she’s in a programme with Flair ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I know it's easy to say AEW should sign everyone WWE lets go but they definitely should sign her. Assuming she wants to stay in the US. They need more women that are fairly decent and experienced in the ring.

• Advertisement

She add for the release and was granted it.

she’s one you can look at and say, “she’s young, has a great look (by both fan metrics and Vince metrics) and should have been built as one of the pillars of their next generation”.

that they are losing so many younger guys and gals, and ones who they should be moving to build their future around, is absolutely insane….

Isn't it mental? They're staking their future (after Roman, Becky, Orton etc are gone) on college athletes and models. Fans don't want that any more, if they ever did.

I think WWE places a very different dollar value on "wrestling fans" vs "WWE fans" and I'd wager the sort of people that care about what happens talent don't factor too much into their concerns when it comes to bottom line.

The latter are already drifting away though. House show attendances and TV ratings are falling all the time. I don't see their next TV deal being a major increase. If the kids start pressuring their parents to go to AEW instead then they're heading for trouble. I think that's still a fair while away mind you.

Toni Storm has reportedly parted ways with WWE after requesting her release from the company, which was granted. She recently competed in a triple threat match for the SmackDown Women's Championship at a Live Event in Washington, DC. Now, there are some new details regarding her release from WWE.

According to the latest update PWInsider, Toni Storm flew herself home on Wednesday morning from Baltimore. The triple threat bout, which also involved Charlotte Flair and Sasha Banks, reportedly went down as scheduled. Nothing occurred during the match that may have caused Toni Storm to ask for her release.

If kids start asking their parents to bring them to AEW shows then AEW will have to stop catering to fans and go family friendly. That in turn starts them down the path to becoming as bad as WWE.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I really wanted toni to succeed in WWE she was the total package. Perhaps getting buried by Charlotte was gonna result in her being sent back to shuffle that is the women's division. Here's hoping AEW take her on if the opportunity arises

Signing with AEW would be a waste of Storm's talent. Who's she going to wrestle?

She's in a different solar system to everyone bar Thunder Rosa and Serena Deeb.

What's she gonna do, wrestle Thunder Rosa on Dark? Be used as another stepping stone for the modern day Nicole Bass?

She should stay a million miles away from that sh*t heap.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I guess she feels its the right move. She could be right. Who knows.

On that subject, I think more and more that because wrestling is predetermined you have no total control unless you've become a big name. Like some wrestler might get signed to wwe tomorrow and hit the glass ceiling. Could be regarded as the next Barry Horowitz (unbeknown to them) Same wrestler could get fired and aew push them as a next upper mid carder. More even.

Sure look at Drew. A jobber when they fired him. Now a main eventer when he returned. Maybe storm feels going else where will increase her stock price so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Toni Storm in a different solar system to Riho, Emi Sakura, Shida, Hayter and Mercedes Martinez 😂 😂 I've heard it all now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,547 ✭✭✭✭briany

They should start sacking wrestlers in the middle of matches and have the police charge them with a misdemeanour for trespassing ringside. It would, at least, be good TV for a change.

"Zayn covers Lesnar!!"

"1!.........2!........

SamiZaynhaspartedwayswithWWEwewishhimtheverybestinhisfutureendeavours

.....3!"

That old booking chestnut. Sacked at 2 and three quarters.

https://www.bodyslam.net/2021/12/29/exclusive-additional-notes-on-the-wwe-departure-of-toni-storm/

Fightful’s report also added that the internal memo which was sent out by WWE regarding Storm’s release did not cite “budget cuts” as the reason, as has been the case for the recent waves of talent cuts. The report added that many within WWE were “blindsided” by the news of Toni Storm requesting her release from WWE.

I asked around and my sources confirmed to me that Toni Storm did fly out last night following the WWE Live Event, and added that she paid out of her own pocket to fly herself home. I was told, “Turns out, Toni didn’t exactly request her release… she just up and quit. Worked a triple threat at a house show last night and then paid out of her own pocket to fly herself home.”

Additionally, it was stressed to me that “WWE handling it as her asking for her release and then them granting it, because after so many talents were released due to “budget cuts” this year, it’s like “meh.” “

To further back up Sapp’s report of the roster being blindsided by the news, per a female WWE main roster talent: “It’s f*cking wild. She’s just gone. Didn’t really tell anyone.”

I was also told that Storm may have asked for her release today, but “she straight up flew herself home after working the triple threat last night and quit. Took everyone by surprise.”

Britt and Becky are both keen on Toni matches

Ember Moon is now going by Athena which she used before WWE.

Happy New Year to you.

Getting rid of HHH backstage crew now.

HHH NXT is dead and buried.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Road Dogg's brother Scott Armstrong gone now.

I know it’s a cliche to say, but I’d love Regal in AEW. He’s easily the greatest GM of all time. He’d be an amazing manager for some younger lads.

• Advertisement

Regal would make a great manager/coach/mentor for Daniel Garcia

Advertisement