Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Spring Cleaning 2021 - Braun Strowman, Aliester Black, Buddy Murphy & More

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd say T-Bar and Mace may be going soon as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Calling up all of Hit Row, hyping them up, only to release all of them at once....

I'm not sure if they're AEW level, but someone like Impact being able to bring in the whole act that was built by WWE would be very handy for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Hit Row as a concept felt like a rip off of a Recording Studio from 25 years ago, and is exactly the type of thing you would expect the likes of Vince and Dunn to come up with when racking their brains over how they can appeal to a young demo.

Makes it stranger that they released B-Fab earlier. It's not like they gave the rest of them much time to save their jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Top Dolla has spent the last few months slagging off indie wrestlers and Young Bucks so he might struggle cos of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It's disappointing about Morrison, was hoping he could get a decent face run even a title push, Miz for his other media commitments I assume will always be safe, hope John goes to AEW

Hit Row seemed to be used on SD since the draft now goners

Be easy to run the “yeah, I was in WWE and saying what WWE wants me to say, sue me” line.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Didn't he only mock their sneakers or something? Internet lost their shít, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Is Swerve gone?

Hes a talent worth picking up.

Ya, for Young Bucks he mocked their sneakers. He also made a pretty racist one about Jinder that he deleted, and also was saying that the people who got released couldn't promo. Guy has been an ass for a few months online and it honestly wouldn't surprise me that's a reason he was released. His stuff on social media is worth not signing him imo.

• Advertisement

Was watching g4 today and Xavier Woods seemed to get a message about this during one of the setup segments as he just got up and walked away for a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Johnny Wrestling's contract is up on the 3rd of December by accounts today the WWE are doing there best to get him to sign a new contract.

Kyle O'Reilly's contract is up net month as well however by the looks of everything on AEW he will leave and reunite reDRagon there.

Kevin Steen & El Generico also having contracts running down.

The WWE might not have to fire the next round of talent they could just let them run their contracts down and leave.

To be fair I wouldn't blame any of them for resigning new contracts as it's not a great time to be a free agent with so may free agents out there if the WWE are going to pay you a very good downside hand on on there and make good money till the eventually release you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'm no contract expert but I wouldn't put it past them to fire all the guys who have contracts expiring if they think they're not re-signing, just so they can put the no compete clause on them.

Also being reported that Top Dolla rubbed a lot of people backstage the wrong way both on NXT and the since going up to the Main roster and since Vince saw him as the main name in the group it got the other others released as if Vince didn't want him there was no need for the others.

Given how strongly Cole and Fish are leaning on the references, I'd say KOR is 100% gone. They're running those two as if they know for certain a UE/Superkliq story is brewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Here's hoping those who's contracts are expiring don't resign and move onwards. Wwe is a **** show! Really likes swerve and morisson deserved much better

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I mean you've only got to look at how The Bucks and Britt teased/hinted about Adam Cole on Twitter, and then delivered on that at ALL OUT. They wouldn't bait and switch like you've mentioned in your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Imagine being the majority of these released wrestlers and seeing corbin and moss strolling out at SS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,692 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The 90 days would be superceded by the expiry date, so unless they get injured or resign, it would just be giving them a month to rest before going to aew.

Turning Point had former NXT superstar

Bronson Reed as Jonah

• Advertisement

I keep forgetting he still works there but Scotty 2 Hotty had asked for his release

Johnny Wrestling has agreed a one week extension to his contract so he will be at War Games.

His contract now ends on the 10th of December not the 3rd.

Doing what Cole did not burning bridges on his way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,858 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Oh wow so that's him gone then

I dont know how'd I feel about him at AEW

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I can see him ending up in Impact sooner than AEW.

I'm sure Ciampa is looking elsewhere as well for when his contract's up. Though he might stay after them helping him with the surgeries.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

He's right. Can always become a bigger star in another company and come back three years later to a better WWE deal.

I think he's guaranteed tbh. Could see him debut at Winter is Coming. Young Bucks are good friends with him and in an interview before they said he's one of the first guys they'd want to sign, and they also love Candice who would be an incredible get when she's out of contract for the women's division. Him and KOR seem locks to be coming in imo. Hell, can run Gargano and Andrade back at some point and the crowd will go crazy for it.

His injuries makes me think he might be comfortable taking a training and part time wrestling role in WWE.

I don't see Ciampa leaving just transitioning into a producer/coaching role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Petermc83

is anyone else like me that they dont want to see too many ex WWE wrestlers come over now to AEW? imo, they have enough on the roster.

im more invested in getting to know the up & coming fresh talent AEW have currently.

If Gargano & KOR join up with Fish / Cole / Black / Andrade / Cole, we may aswell be back in 2019 watching NXT.

Its just too easy for Khan to buy up the free agents and re-hash storylines. Create new interesting dynamics with new characters and develop an alternative to WWE..not just have it as NXT 3.0.

Advertisement