Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2021 :Round 2 Imola

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

The only Ferrari on the podium is the sparkling wine :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Can anyone else hear a phone ringing in the background?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    He said “I felt vulnerable” when Roman crashed and his car burst into flames. Sergio Perez said it showed how much risk they as drivers take. Basically Lewis thought about himself and not his colleague who’d was in serious danger. It’s permanently soured him for me.
    weekaizer wrote: »
    He makes everything about himself... same when niki Lauda passed, ‘I felt nikis spirit was with me in the car’. Countless other examples also.

If you two have decided to dislike someone you've never met for reasons as innocuous as these I doubt either of you have any friends.

antodeco wrote: »
    DRS did massively help in fairness

Aye but Bottas is so useless he often can't even make use of DRS.
    Ya look at Sakhir last year, Mercedes messed up for both drivers but Bottas goes out and sits in traffic, Russell gets extra screwed but goes out and passes a few cars in the time available.
    Pretty sure there was a race in Italy where Merc messed up, Hamilton smashed through the field to get decent points, Bottas sat for literally half the race behind a car that was 3-4 seconds a lap slower than him.

Hamilton never has an issue with traffic. Russell jumping in last year had no issue with traffic. There's only one common factor when a Mercedes can't perform in traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

That was entertaining it had pretty much everything. Good recovery form Hamilton .no one was going to touch max really but second and fastest lap is enough for Hamilton.

Lando drove really well. The McLaren has come on a lot. Good drive for Ferrari , and good team result form them.
    Riccardo does need another race to get up to Landos pace.

Some.Kudos to Lance Stroll again points place all day and held on with gearbox trouble. Gives some hope to Aston in the championship but the team have problems . The penalty the got vettel was stupid.

What an expensive race for Williams .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Where to next? I hope we don’t have to wait another 3 weeks!

2 weeks time in Portugal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Good result for Lando
    He's a star.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭Hijpo

recyclebin wrote: »
    It's the same for everyone when their is a safety car or red flag. It's just the luck of the draw.

I get that, it just feels like situations always fall in his favour.

Outside of a catastrophic failure you always expect something crazy to happen that will get him back up the grid.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Are you allowed reverse onto the track?

It's Hamilton, whatever he does is always ok somehow. I'm not saying they change the rules for him but he'll do something that everyone is sure isn't ok but it turns out it is.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    He's a star.

He’s a likeable chap.

Brundle: Your fans voted you driver of the day.

Norris: Fans? I didn’t think I had any.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iffandonlyif

MadYaker wrote: »
    If you two have decided to dislike someone you've never met for reasons as innocuous as these I doubt either of you have any friends.

What I never understand about a childish insult like this is that it's highly unlikely that what's been said indicates the person has no friends, but if does, surely they deserve sympathy not derision?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭barryribs

Why didn't Stroll get a penalty for straight lining the chicane at Tamburello when passing Gasly at the beginning?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Can anyone else hear a phone ringing in the background?

Heard it yesterday and was scratching my head as I don’t have a house phone lol! It didn’t seem to be as pronounced today tho

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It's Hamilton, whatever he does is always ok somehow. I'm not saying they change the rules for him but he'll do something that everyone is sure isn't ok but it turns out it is.

Like doing practice starts at the end of the pitlane?

Heard it yesterday and was scratching my head as I don’t have a house phone lol! It didn’t seem to be as pronounced today tho

Isn't it just the car entering the pitlane warning?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

He’s a likeable chap.

Brundle: Your fans voted you driver of the day.

Norris: Fans? I didn’t think I had any.

:D

I'm sure he'll be streaming on Twitch this evening after that result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Harpon

recyclebin wrote: »
    It's the same for everyone when their is a safety car or red flag. It's just the luck of the draw.

What’s the reasoning behind allowing drivers to unlap themselves in these situations?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

OSI wrote: »
    Why didn’t LeClerc overtake Verstappen when he went off like the others did Perez? I don’t know what it is but he often seems like he has little will to be there, never mind fight for a position.

It looked liked Max got back onto the track in front of LeClerc (just barely), but I agree. Charles could've floored it and gotten passed him

George is saying Bottas broken a gentlemen's agreement by moving out a bit

And inferring that Bottas did it deliberately because it was him. Big claims.

• Advertisement

And inferring that Bottas did it deliberately because it was him. Big claims.

"P9 is nothing for them but its everything for us" - strong words from George there. No love lost between him and Mercedes?

Harpon wrote: »
    What’s the reasoning behind allowing drivers to unlap themselves in these situations?

Well how do set the grid otherwise? Say 20th was lapped by 1st but not by 2nd. And was only 3 seconds behind 19th?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,842 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

He says.

Bottas reckons he's talking shyte and I'm inclined to agree.

I'd worry big time about Russell's immaturity based on that interview. Paranoid, hot head in the car. He's a long way from the mental strength and judgement needed to succeed in Grand Prix racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

flazio wrote: »
    Isn't it just the car entering the pitlane warning?

Have no idea...! I’ve never noticed it before but it for sure sounded like a phone

George didn’t do himself any favours in that interview. Maybe it’s Toto’s influence as his manager, I dunno.

I don’t want him to turn into an unlikeable character.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Martin Brundle nearly creamed himself talking to Hamilton in the post interview. Cringe to listen to.

Lots of “grateful” from Hamilton. It’s amazing how hollow he can sound without trying.

Great to see Max winning and Lando on the podium.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    He says.

Bottas reckons he's talking shyte and I'm inclined to agree.

I'd worry big time about Russell's immaturity based on that interview. Paranoid, hot head in the car. He's a long way from the mental strength and judgement needed to succeed in Grand Prix racing.

Agreed. I thought he would have calmed down a bit later and it was the shock and adrenaline talking after his exchange with Bottas just after.

He seemed to take it very personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

George didn’t do himself any favours in that interview. Maybe it’s Toto’s influence as his manager, I dunno.

I don’t want him to turn into an unlikeable character.

He’s already unlikeable. He’s not in Lewis unlikeable territory but not many are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

What happened to Danny Ric? Still learning the car?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

"P9 is nothing for them but its everything for us" - strong words from George there. No love lost between him and Mercedes?

I'd say its more no love lost between him and Bottas tbh, he knows which side his bread is buttered with regard to Merc and a future drive. And few would question that he is perhaps more worthy of the Merc drive than Bottas is at the moment.

Advertisement