Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2021 :Round 2 Imola

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Mazespin again

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Lewis is obviously an all time great but I’m not a fan of him as a person given his comment in the survive to drive episode covering Roman grosjeans crash last season.

What did he say ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Mazespin!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Nightmare race for Vettel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

A second “two secs Ted”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Nightmare race for Vettel.

He actually drove quite well. Just issue upon issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Mazespin is soo reliable!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

And once (more like the the tenth time) again we see that the Mercedes is perfectly fine in traffic. It's Bottas who is crap in traffic.

DRS did massively help in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

McLaren and Ferrari happy enough with that I'd say

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Best race in a long time. A well deserved win for Max.
    Now that the playing field has been leveled (well to some extent) F1 can be interesting again. Hamilton blessed with luck again (in terms of unlapping himself).

Max’s start in 2nd gear was inspired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Good result for Lando

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Kimi scores :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

cj maxx wrote: »
    What did he say ?

He said “I felt vulnerable” when Roman crashed and his car burst into flames. Sergio Perez said it showed how much risk they as drivers take. Basically Lewis thought about himself and not his colleague who’d was in serious danger. It’s permanently soured him for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Ham got the fastest lap

Good stuff max.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Longing

Jordan 199 wrote: »

Until he gets the penalty for investigation after the race

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Jordan 199 wrote: »

Although he is under investigation.

Inquitus wrote: »
    Mazespin is soo reliable!

He’s consistent alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Another poor weekend for Bottas and Perez. Makes it more interesting when you don't have a rear gunner at the front.

Ferrari look to be faster than McLaren in qualifying but Mclaren much better in race and strategy.

Will be a good battle for 1st and 2nd between Mercedes and Red Bull, then another one between McLaren and Ferrari. Hopefully Ricciardo and Sainz settle into their new teams soon as they look a bit off their team mates pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Are you allowed reverse onto the track?

• Advertisement

Well done Max!

Explain to me why Hamilton should have been a lap down. I put some washing out and another load on during the red flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    He said “I felt vulnerable” when Roman crashed and his car burst into flames. Sergio Perez said it showed how much risk they as drivers take. Basically Lewis thought about himself and not his colleague who’d was in serious danger. It’s permanently soured him for me.

He makes everything about himself... same when niki Lauda passed, ‘I felt nikis spirit was with me in the car’. Countless other examples also.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

recyclebin wrote: »
    Will be a good battle for 1st and 2nd between Mercedes and Red Bull, then another one between McLaren and Ferrari. Hopefully Ricciardo and Sainz settle into their new teams soon as they look a bit off their team mates pace.

Riccardo seems to be settling in bit better than Saintz so far, so perhaps advantage McLaren for now. Lando really seems to be stepping up and was soo close to putting the car on the 2nd row, just outside the track limits on his final qually lap.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Well done Max!

Explain to me why Hamilton should have been a lap down. I put some washing out and another load on during the red flag.
    Had there been no red flag Hamilton would have stayed a lap down or at worst unlapped himself behind the safety car with a big gap to the leaders. Under this new system he unlapped himself and got to within 6 grid spaces to the podium.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Santan

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Are you allowed reverse onto the track?

That was my first thought as well, I'm sure there was something about that a few years ago, but I'm also thinking that it might be that your not allowed any reverse movement in the pits

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Its aggravating that Hamilton can put the car off the track, get lapped then benefit from a red flag and finish second above drivers who didnt put the car off the track.

I suppose it's just more annoying because he seems to benefit more often than anyone else with these things.

You can't reverse in the pits but you can reverse onto track if its safe to do.

Well if nothing else it seems we will have something of a competitive season for a good bit of the season which is always good and not a Mercedes coronation. As an F1 fan it’s all I’m concerned about really.

Hijpo wrote: »
    Its aggravating that Hamilton can put the car off the track, get lapped then benefit from a red flag and finish second above drivers who didnt put the car off the track.

I suppose it's just more annoying because he seems to benefit more often than anyone else with these things.

It's the same for everyone when their is a safety car or red flag. It's just the luck of the draw.

• Advertisement

Where to next? I hope we don’t have to wait another 3 weeks!

Advertisement