Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple officially announces special event for April 20: ‘Spring Loaded’

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Airtag €35. Not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Airtag €35. Not too bad

Leather key ring another €39 on top of that!!!! FFS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

HomePod Mini officially release in Ireland in June.

https://www.apple.com/ie/homepod-mini/

Leather key ring another €39 on top of that!!!! FFS!!

If you go the Apple route yeah but third party options will be much cheaper and that's where I'll be going.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

Airtag €35. Not too bad

It works out at €26 if you’re paying USD. Or €85 for the four pack.

Was going to order, but I think I might be getting my mate to ship to me from the US instead

• Advertisement

If the airtags are that good using the apple network, imagine what this would mean for fleet management, logistics or even improving Apple maps

Let’s see how the battery life holds up. Are they rechargeable.

OU812 wrote: »
    It works out at €26 if you’re paying USD. Or €85 for the four pack.

Was going to order, but I think I might be getting my mate to ship to me from the US instead

For the sake of the €9 it might be worth getting it here in case something goes wrong with it outside the 1 year warranty where you’ll be able to attempt a consumer law claim. Might never apply to you but something to consider anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

selling my 2018 4k touch screen, XPS 13 for the new IPad Pro. It looks incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭pad199207

No iOS 14.5?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭pad199207

Isn’t it great how the iPad Pro automatically becomes €909 here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

pad199207 wrote: »
    No iOS 14.5?

Next week for general release

https://9to5mac.com/2021/04/20/ios-14-5-release-date/

For the sake of the €9 it might be worth getting it here in case something goes wrong with it outside the 1 year warranty where you’ll be able to attempt a consumer law claim. Might never apply to you but something to consider anyway.

Was a pack of four I was going for (initially)

Zhane wrote: »

The TC has just come out so we may have it by the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I’ll probably pick up an AirTag next week, just to try out and since it’s relatively cheap from Apple. No real big use for it though. I’ll pick up a cheap accessory online when they eventually start to roll out. Apple charging crazy money for that Hermés keyring :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

DubDJ wrote: »
    I’ll probably pick up an AirTag next week, just to try out and since it’s relatively cheap from Apple. No real big use for it though. I’ll pick up a cheap accessory online when they eventually start to roll out. Apple charging crazy money for that Hermés keyring :O

What day is the release for airtags??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Let’s see how the battery life holds up. Are they rechargeable.

User replaceable battery that apparently will last a year.

According to the Apple website, an iPhone 11 or 12 is needed for precision finding though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Leftwaffe wrote: »
    What day is the release for airtags??

They can be pre-ordered from this Friday and will be available from the following Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭drogon.

According to the Apple website, an iPhone 11 or 12 is needed for precision finding though

Also seems to be one of those CR2032 batteries. I bet their environmental stance means they couldn't go with a non-replaceable battery. :)

https://9to5mac.com/2021/04/20/airtags-tidbits-battery-more/

Not the SE?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

New remote for the Apple TV looks like a massive improvement over the previous one and it’s available to buy separately for us original 4K owners. But who the **** is still buying Apple TVs? Mine hasn’t probably been switched on this year because the app is available on the sky boxes, on the TVs besides and also on the consoles. I’m surprised they didn’t do one of their desperate pitches for gaming on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭drogon.

Not the SE?

Nope you need that U1 chip.

drogon. wrote: »
    Nope you need that U1 chip.

Thanks. I suppose the beep is good enough in most cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Iguarantee

New remote for the Apple TV looks like a massive improvement over the previous one and it’s available to buy separately for us original 4K owners. But who the **** is still buying Apple TVs? Mine hasn’t probably been switched on this year because the app is available on the sky boxes, on the TVs besides and also on the consoles. I’m surprised they didn’t do one of their desperate pitches for gaming on it.

I bought two apples TVs in the last 6 months; they get daily use.

They will someday if Apple Arcade ever gets better. And I think they will use an M chip eventually.

I use my Apple TV because my LG TV can’t run the Apple app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

The AirTags would make for an amazing anti theft device for a car, bike etc.

Unfortunately privacy means it will alert iPhone users who have a tag that isn't their own "travelling" with them for a period of time. If they don't react after the alert, the AirTag will start ringing...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

What is the need for an Apple TV if you have a good Smart TV that even have Apple TV + app?

Only thing I can see is the Apple Music and Podcasts app but don't see the point in the rest?

Am I wrong?

• Administrators Posts: 53,652 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

"With iOS 14.5, listeners can access a redesigned Apple Podcasts app featuring an enhanced Search tab that provides quick access to Top Charts and categories."

Huzzah! Long overdue.

• Administrators Posts: 53,652 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

murpho999 wrote: »
    What is the need for an Apple TV if you have a good Smart TV that even have Apple TV + app?

Only thing I can see is the Apple Music and Podcasts app but don't see the point in the rest?

Am I wrong?

Games (but Apple Arcade is rubbish, not worth buying a box for). Fitness+ I think too.

I wouldn't buy one. To be totally honest I have Apple TV+ purely because I got it for free, it is not worth paying for. A chronic lack of decent content.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

awec wrote: »
    "With iOS 14.5, listeners can access a redesigned Apple Podcasts app featuring an enhanced Search tab that provides quick access to Top Charts and categories."

Huzzah! Long overdue.

Thank the lord. The big square thumbnails in the Podcasts app kill me altogether. Been dying for an overhaul of that app.

Advertisement