Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minnesota officer shoots dead another innocent black victim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Overheal wrote: »
    How often are whites/asians ghettoized by state and local government?

I’ve never seen Black town in any state I’ve been in. I’ve seen plenty of Chinatowns and Koreatowns, always vibrant, full of native businesses and restaurants. Very safe too. They were abandoned in LA in 92 though and had to defend their own “ghetto” against who?. Ghettoised like that??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

So you have put yourself into the heads of white police officers and ER doctors and have concluded how exactly they think and feel about black people. The ER one takes the biscuit.

That line if thinking has gained traction in the last year online, it runs on so many top surgeons in America being Jewish that they are letting black people die.

. It's rooted in the Black Hebrew movement, that African Americans are the real chosen people.

Classic anti-Semitism with an American egotistical twist.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,992 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Fandymo wrote: »
    I’ve never seen Black town in any state I’ve been in. I’ve seen plenty of Chinatowns and Koreatowns. Ghettoised like that??

Clearly my point has been established for you to veer so hard into nonsensical naivety.

Here's a taste in case you're being deadly serious in your ignorance. https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2018/feb/21/roads-nowhere-infrastructure-american-inequality

Especially noticeable in southern towns and cities, hence the old adage 'the wrong side of the tracks.' Many southern towns are built around train lines, including my own home town. One side typically houses main street and the upper class neighborhoods, and the other side, not so much...

Clearly my point has been established for you to veer so hard into nonsensical naivety.

Here's a taste in case you're being deadly serious in your ignorance. https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2018/feb/21/roads-nowhere-infrastructure-american-inequality

A wall built in 1942 is your revelation haha. Look out below Fonzy, there’s a shark.

A wall built in 1942 is your revelation haha. Look out below Fonzy, there’s a shark.

Clearly you're not looking to learn or understand. Enjoy that ignorance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

So unless Breonna Taylor and her BF rigged a shotgun booby-trap at their front door, I think there are clear distinctions between the 2 cases....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/md-man-killed-by-officer-during-raid-had-door-booby-trapped-to-fire-at-anyone-entering-police-say/2020/03/17/d636ebe6-688a-11ea-b313-df458622c2cc_story.html

And no similarity to the GF incident, which had nothing to do with a no knock raid.

I can see why the incident didn't spark popular outrage. The victim was not nearly as relatable as an innocent EMT.

pathetic deflection.
    you know fully well why it didnt spark outrage.

I do love your posts though...it's like a window to an alternative universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

More white people than black people get shot yearly by the police. Are they racist against white people?

The police in the US shoot far, far more men than women every year, so they must be sexist too

Of course you could argue thats because men commit far more crime then women...hmmm.... :D

Danzy wrote: »
    That line if thinking has gained traction in the last year online, it runs on so many top surgeons in America being Jewish that they are letting black people die.

. It's rooted in the Black Hebrew movement, that African Americans are the real chosen people.

Classic anti-Semitism with an American egotistical twist.

Antisemitic conspiracies aside, those whackos are only fueled by reality: that blacks and non whites have worse medical outcomes even when all other factors are equivalent.

paw patrol wrote: »
    pathetic deflection.
    you know fully well why it didnt spark outrage.

I do love your posts though...it's like a window to an alternative universe.

Yes, I'd say it had a lot to do with him being a far right lunatic with boobytraps in his home.

Daniel Shaver's killing sparked outrage; wouldn't that defeat your insinuation that whites killed by police never spark outrage?

Name one? An incident where a white suspect was blown away by cops for temporary tags or something?

Are you serious? There are nearly double the number of whites killed by police. Read this, written by a BLACK former BLM supporter : https://www.city-journal.org/reflections-on-race-riots-and-police

There are nearly identical cases involving white victims for every single black victim in the USA - but the media are silent as it doesn't fit the narrative.

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »
    The police in the US shoot far, far more men than women every year, so they must be sexist too

Of course you could argue thats because men commit far more crime then women...hmmm.... :D

This will be awkward for you but yes, gender bias in policing is absolutely prevalent.

https://www.justice.gov/crt/file/799316/download

Yes, I'd say it had a lot to do with him being a far right lunatic with boobytraps in his home.

Daniel Shaver's killing sparked outrage; wouldn't that defeat your insinuation that whites killed by police never spark outrage?

The outrage over Tony Timpa was ...............

The outrage over Tony Timpa was ...............

Extant?

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/protesters-call-for-resignation-of-dallas-police-association-president-mike-mata-11768127

Timpa's name is still heard at police protests to this day.

Are you serious? There are nearly double the number of whites killed by police.

So "nearly double" even though whites are "more than quadruple" the population of blacks?

Thanks for helping cement my point.

Bambi wrote: »

Nail on the head there.

Nail on the head there.

in the head, rather.

So "nearly double" even though whites are "more than quadruple" the population of blacks?

Thanks for helping cement my point.

Did you read the article? There are much more factors to consider than simply "per capita" killings. You said we couldn't point to a single case of a white person, then go back to per capita... I don't think you're engaging in logical reasoning at all.

Did you read the article? There are much more factors to consider than simply "per capita" killings. You said we couldn't point to a single case of a white person, then go back to per capita... I don't think you're engaging in logical reasoning at all.

huh?

Oh yes, lot's of factors, here's more. Did you read them? https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/opinions/systemic-racism-police-evidence-criminal-justice-system/ scores of studies and links thereof for you to review here. Yes, lots more evidence than simply the per capita rate of killings. We have mountains of evidence to establish race's role in policing at all levels, not just lethal encounters.

This will be awkward for you but yes, gender bias in policing is absolutely prevalent.

https://www.justice.gov/crt/file/799316/download

Are you seriously arguing that this explains the discrepancy between the number of men and women killed by police? Wow.

huh?

You were imply that it didn't happen to white people when you said "Name one? An incident where a white suspect was blown away by cops for temporary tags or something?". Don't try to claim otherwise, it's fooling nobody.

• Advertisement

Are you seriously arguing that this explains the discrepancy between the number of men and women killed by police? Wow.

Where did I say it 'explains it?' As though this great quagmire is explicable by any single factor?

I established that there is gender bias in policing.

More than that the issues of gender and race confluence with one another in policing, with black women being killed by police at a rate disproportionate to other female demographics. https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/investigations/police-shootings-women/

You were imply that it didn't happen to white people when you said "Name one? An incident where a white suspect was blown away by cops for temporary tags or something?". Don't try to claim otherwise, it's fooling nobody.

Either you're alt-ing for someone else or you're injecting yourself into a piece of the conversation which didn't involve you and which you clearly misunderstand - though either case, you clearly misunderstand.

Where did I say it 'explains it?' As though this great quagmire is explicable by any single factor?

[/url]

You've been saying its due to racism this whole time. Glad you've now conceded there are numerous factors that contribute to the disproportionate killing (on a per capita basis) of black people in the US. Their over-representation in crime being the primary factor.

Either you're alt-ing for someone else or you're injecting yourself into a piece of the conversation which didn't involve you and which you clearly misunderstand - though either case, you clearly misunderstand.

Then explain your statement. What were you implying?

You've been saying its due to racism this whole time. Glad you've now conceded there are numerous factors that contribute to the disproportionate killing (on a per capita basis) of black people in the US. Their over-representation in crime being the primary factor.

Over-policing leads to over-interaction leads to blacks disproportionately getting hit with petty misdemeanors with entire communities then getting hit with criminal records which leads to more policing. Slave patrols became cops who established the 'disproportionate' criminality of blacks by harassing them over the course of decades. Next.

Then explain your statement. What were you implying?

I don't have to explain anything to you. The conversation has already played out. If you need more explanation go and re-read it, if you are looking for more innuendos in my speech ask about them here I guess https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=576

I don't have to explain anything to you. The conversation has already played out. If you need more expanation go and re-read it, if you are looking for more innuendos in my speech ask about them here I guess https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=576

Haha I actually laughed out loud. In other words, you can't explain it. Have a good day now, I'm off.

Haha I actually laughed out loud. In other words, you can't explain it. Have a good day now, I'm off.

Can't explain what? You are accusing me of implying something, yet you can't seem to explain what that implication is.

God almighty. Enough bull crap from the US.

• Advertisement

Bad Boyo wrote: »
    *man dies in foreign country

Gonna file this in the 'don't care folder'.

But you cared enough to take the time to write a comment. Odd.

Advertisement