Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Testing Megathread Part 4 - See OP for threadbans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Snap. Same here, but my daughter instead.

at this stage I think it’s safe to assume I have it and even if I don’t won’t change anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Awful_Bliss

I called the HSE twice today - once at 08.50 ( was on hold 15 mins) and again at 3pm (was on hold 35 mins). Was told I'd be put on a priority list and I'd be notified within 24 hours. Absolute shambles of an organisation. Has ruined my Christmas plans. Still nothing as at 19.41 (two and a half days after the test).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Quick question.

I have heard that after recovery from covid, that a PCR test could still come back as positive. Does anyone know anything else about this? I have to rebook flights to get home, and they require either negative PCR or a recovery cert. The recovery cert would have me here for weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Got tested in Sandyford at 9.30 yesterday and got the results after 11 this morning. Positive unfortunately. Was surprised to get them so fast though

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭dubal

Same posted on a other thread, tested at 1 yesterday, result at 12:40 today. Negative fortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Tested 11am Thursday(23rd) and got it back at 12.30pm today(25th), positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

got tested on 22nd. positive result yesterday. my antigen today is negative. if my antigens continue to be negative how quickly can i get another PCR as i need to travel. could i go for another PCR on day 8 or what have people been doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Vaccinated30

Pcr is at least 90 days before producing not detected. Antigens pick up infectious material, Pcr picks up remnants of the virus, whether infectious or not. Just apply for the recovery cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

jeez so i wont be able to travel until well into the new year. diaster but thanks for info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

This isn't necessarily true. Just because pcr CAN detect very low amounts of viral material doesn't mean someone will definitely test positive for more than 3 months.

It would depend on how badly someone was sick and vaccination helping to speed up recovery. If someone was mildly effected they would clear the virus and return a not detected result quicker than someone who was very ill with the virus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Anyone managed to book a test today through the HSE website for Dublin? Seems like no appointments coming free. I'm checking intermittently ~ like every hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Random sample

They come up just after 12 at night, you should get one for the 27th then.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭jacko

No Joy in Galway anyway. I've been checking in a few times and on a couple of occasions there appeared to be a slot but as soon as I try to claim it, it dissapears. Will try a bit more tonight and then tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I can report a success story: took a RT-PCR test at gosafe48.ie (near Windy Arbour LUAS) on the afternoon of the 16th, got a negative result in about 7 hours, and flew to the USA on the morning of the 17th, where I am now. I should be able to get another RT-PCR test here before returning in the New Year.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Poxy booking system evidently can't handle the traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭jacko

My Gf got one anyway and I have not been successful. The code text just wont come through.

I’m in the same boat as you.

Ive changed my flights to the 5th, but now I’m worried I’ll still test positive due to the virus still hanging around.

Might do a PCR test end of this week to see, and if that’s still positive then the recovery cert…which could take a bloody age.

Been searching all over for this. A lot of the positives for months after were early on in the pandemic or before mass vaccines.

Not sure if omicron will have an effect on it, where it’s gone quicker. I’m going to try a PCR this week and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Usjes

I'm due for a PCR test tomorrow afternoon so I cycled past the testing centre today. When I got there I saw a queue of about 10 people in the car park and then it looked like the queue continued snaking through the lobby. I don't understand how there can be a queue, the appointments are for specific times, not first come first served, so how can there be a queue ? The confirmation text warns me to turn up at the correct time and not before, am I going to arrive at my appointed time and then sit at the end of the queue only to be told that I'm an hour late when I get to the front of the queue ? Does anyone know what's going on here ? If people are turning up early is there not some HSE representative on-site going up and down the queue asking people for their appointment times and telling them to piss off and come back at the correct time if they are early ? What sort of a cretin can't tell time ? And even if they can't why would they start a queue if they arrive a the wrong time ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

had an appointment for tomorrow at 11:10, just drove down the teste centre now and told them i wouldnt have the car tomorrow, they just done it there and then. not a sinner in the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Random sample

It probably depends how many booths they have, but the test times are 10 minutes apart and there are multiple slots available for each time.

When my household were close contacts we were given 3 testing times 30-40 mins apart. We were all accommodated at the first slot, rather than having us sit on the car Park for over an hour. I’m sure similar is happening to lots of people, so there will be a bit of an ebb and flow.

There has to be a bit of flexibility on appointment times too some people have a bit of a journey, some people are taking sick uncooperative children to the test centre, and maybe some people are just cretins who can’t tell time. Try not to get too upset if you see a bit of a queue. They are very efficient and move through people very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

How would an old and frail person with symptoms go about attending a test? Is there any accomodation for a situation like this or would a driver just have to take a chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

A friend of mine took her 95 Yr old mother for a test and asked for disabled parking. She was told to stay in the car and they organised for a swabber to come to the car. They were really pleasant about it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,725 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Hse will arrange a taxi if you can't transport yourself, no idea how you organise it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Rang 1800 700 700 but entered an endless loop of menus. Is there any other contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Perhaps for an elderly or disabled person they will offer assistance. But I had to walk 20km round trip while fairly sick for a test a couple of months back as there was no alternative according to the HSE. It's a serious issue for those with no transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Massive demand in fairness. You have to keep refreshing. Will get something eventually. Reckon I was about an hour at it.

Friends went and got tested today and the nurse said it would be 3 days before they hear…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ll31

Kept refreshing and got appt in Dublin after two hours.... For tomorrow am

Advertisement