Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish family appeal mandatory quarantine..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

irishgeo wrote: »
    The 3 whingeing are her kids. She is going to cooped up with them in the house after 2 weeks. I hope she copes ok.
    She'll be starting a job next month so she won't. Anyone who's been on holiday with kids knows it's not the same as being at home. The issue here is the provider and they are paying customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I have to say I feel for her and her family. Can't be easy. Seems ridiculous to be doing this to an Irish family. They could easily be asked to quarantine at home.

I don't think people thought this would be the consequences of a quarantine system which was aimed at foreign countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,636 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I have to say I feel for her and her family. Can't be easy. Seems ridiculous to be doing this to an Irish family. They could easily be asked to quarantine at home.
    I don't think people thought this would be the consequences of a quarantine system which was aimed at foreign countries.
    :confused::confused:
    They came from a foreign country, C-19 does not discriminate on basis of nationality or origin, and self-quarantine was proven not to work in 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Hate to be the employer/manager waiting for this woman to finish quarantine and start work - guaranteed trouble maker

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

That is a juicy racist comment.

• Advertisement

Hate to be the employer/manager waiting for this woman to finish quarantine and start work - guaranteed trouble maker
    That would be the HSE!:D She's a nurse!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

zell12 wrote: »
    :confused::confused:
    They came from a foreign country, C-19 does not discriminate on basis of nationality or origin, and self-quarantine was proven not to work in 2020

Your advocating locking up children who might have come in contact with someone who might have covid? I’m pretty sure that what the Brits did with catholics who might have come in contact with a terrorist.

Anyway, now everyone will read about this story and connect in London and simply lie about where they have come from.

is_that_so wrote: »
    That would be the HSE!:D She's a nurse!

Yeah i'm thinking more of her direct line manager. In my experience 5% of your staff cause 90% of the problems and i'd hazard a guess this woman will be part of that 5%!

Also, pretty cruel on the kids to move them from sunny australia to this damp and windy rock

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Half read the article yesterday, just watched the video in the article there. There is plenty of space. They have dramatised it putting all suitcases out on the floor and opening them. Close them and put them in the wardrobes until you need them?
    Hotel rooms are always small, what did they expect the penthouse at the Radisson?

Bit sh*t for them as there was no quarantine when they were booking I suppose but this has been on the cards for weeks now, they should have been prepared for the possibility of quarantine and I don't care if they only spent 45 mins in Dubai. They spent time in 3 airports and on 2 planes and didn't have negative test results. Tough bananas.

Yeah i'm thinking more of her direct line manager. In my experience 5% of your staff cause 90% of the problems and i'd hazard a guess this woman will be part of that 5%!

Also, pretty cruel on the kids to move them from sunny australia to this damp and windy rock
    Home is where your heart pulls you. Sunny Australia wouldn't be on my list of countries to move to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭noplacehere

Honestly as a VHR parent with two kids I would gladly take the holiday with someone else cooking. I’ve been stuck at home a lot this year!

Though we’d probably cram in one family room coz the prices are astronomical. We’ve managed to book something for July but might not even get to go with the way things are

1st world problems.
    Yes, you have to quarantine for a few days in a hotel, the horror. It’s temporary.

Scarlet for everyone involved

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

White people problems.

Try spending 2 weeks on the run in certain parts of Nigeria where boko haram are trying to recruit your 8 year old son, take your daughter as a sex slave and cut your clit hood off because they realised you're not circumcised.

That hotel will seem like..erm a hotel.

Home is where your heart pulls you. Sunny Australia wouldn't be on my list of countries to move to.

Well me neither but Australia is home to these kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

pwurple wrote: »
    There is no way there is enough wardrobe space in those rooms for a family that size.

Maybe we could join the dots...

Did you watch their video? They didn't even attempt to put a single item in any of the wardrobes or units. So join those dots.....

Well me neither but Australia is home to these kids!
    You family are your home!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Did you watch their video? They didn't even attempt to put a single item in any of the wardrobes or units. So join those dots.....

But if they'd done that, the video would have looked a lot less dramatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,208 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Makes for more squalor for the pics, poor us, waaaa waaaa.
    Would they not fire on the kids school uniforms while they are at it....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,842 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

gmisk wrote: »
    Would they not fire on the kids school uniforms while they are at it....

Straight from the Ms Cash playbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Be right back

She has nowhere to put their clothes as she walks past an empty wardrobe. Nowhere to put their lunchbags. How about on top of one of the unopened suitcases? Sad faces all round. Doesn't she realise they would have to do it if going to Australia as well?

On a side note, I had to spend last year's birthday on my own as I was in isolation. Maybe I should have sent in a woe is me video to the papers too!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭irishgeo

The idea of quarantine is to stop people travelling. If your going to stuck in a hotel for 2 weeks on your arrival its going to put people off.

The hotel is probably too nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

She'd be asking for somewhere to store the horse too

• Registered Users Posts: 32,208 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It worked for "homeless campaigner" Margaret Cash like a charm.
    She got her forever home for free and room for a pony for the kids.
    https://www.thesun.ie/news/4593918/homeless-margaret-cash-new-pad-son-pony-birthday/
    She got away with her little shoplifting spree as well of course...

The idea of quarantine is to stop people travelling. If your going to stuck in a hotel for 2 weeks on your arrival its going to put people off.

The hotel is probably too nice.
    She's coming back here to start work as a nurse next month. If ever there was a scenario you hoped wouldn't occur with this new strategy this is it, two days into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

That article is embarrassing for all concerned .I really don't think she is going to get much sympathy and if anyone actually believes this is squalor hopefully more people won't travel until it's safe.

She's coming back here to start work as a nurse next month. If ever there was a scenario you hoped wouldn't occur with this new strategy this is it, two days into it.

We are one year into a global pandemic. On the grand scheme of things this is a tiny inconvenience.

We are one year into a global pandemic. On the grand scheme of things this is a tiny inconvenience.
    It won't be inconvenient if they catch COVID when they leave!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

The 3 whingeing are her kids. She is going to cooped up with them in the house after 2 weeks. I hope she copes ok.

At least she hasn't had to home school them while working remotely. She'd have a serious whinge on her then. Honestly feels like they came over here to do quarantine to make a point. Kind of like that Gemma one deliberately getting stopped at a checkpoint then turning it into a f*ckin hoo ha. Just get on with it or stay where you were.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

brucky wrote: »
    No sympathy for this staged ham performance. She is letting her profession down. My wife would never let me stay in bed while the national media are invited in.

He’s just sick of her bull$hit and just rolls with it. He’s just glad he’s home and can sniff around Maura, who he still yearns for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

She has nowhere to put their clothes as she walks past an empty wardrobe. Nowhere to put their lunchbags. How about on top of one of the unopened suitcases? Sad faces all round. Doesn't she realise they would have to do it if going to Australia as well?

On a side note, I had to spend last year's birthday on my own as I was in isolation. Maybe I should have sent in a woe is me video to the papers too!!

I should have probably done the same. Live streamed all the antenatal appointments that I had to attend alone, or baby meeting her family for the first time after ten weeks, through a window. We all just got on with it. Problem with people like her is they think they are some kind of special exception.

Advertisement