Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭ffocused

That’s a lot of hoops to jump through for pre heating!

Hopefully the app will be updated and they add a button for heat pump.

Have you tried the infotainment update yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,851 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Re the nav update I would have thought that Android auto would give ye live Google maps?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

I haven't yet, not sure what it gets me tbh. I really think they should have done this in the dealership and saved me fecking about.

Yeah, but you need to plug in the phone for that, the navigation is integrated with a number of screens. Had my first go of it today and it was a bit short on destination.

It’s a firmware update with bug fixes alongside newer maps.

I can use apple/google maps on my phone via wireless CarPlay from a CarLinKit dongle which I can confirm works perfectly fine.

I also found the routing a bit poor from inbuilt nav today. I put in a town as destination and it wanted me to drive 8kms out of town to its destination. Bit surprised as it is supposed to use TomTom which I would have expected better.

I do like the extra guidance arrows available on drivers screen.

Could you link to the dongle you have? The navigation works great with the heads-up display but the routing ks odd. I guess if you you android car play you loose that?

• Advertisement

Just search for CarLinKit on Amazon or AliExpress. I have version 2.0 that I bought last year, but there is a newer version 3.0 and a 3.0 mini version.

€100-€160 on Amazon or you can get them for €60-€90 on AliExpress but will be waiting a while for delivery.

I got my one from CarLinKit Official Store on AliExpress.

Carlinkit only work on iPhones, but I believe there are Android Auto dongles available too, but I have never used one.

I don’t have the HUD in Earth, but Apple maps don’t show any guidance on drivers screen so assume it’s the same on HUD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

I never heard of this car until I saw one this morning and IMO this is the best-looking EV on the market right now. Was thinking about the ID4 but this EV6 is beautiful and the size would be perfect for our family. I am on the market for a new car and going to visit Kia this week!

Has anyone got a list of items that need to be updated on the earth ev6..eg infortainement,maps ,heat pump ....

Please if you can supply name of old file and the new file to update on each item.

Thanks brian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭v10

I see the version 3 on aliexpress for about €80, if you don't mind a few questions ..

Have you noticed any audio lag with these devices ? Have seen some reviews of these and that's usually the most common complaint.

.. If so does the lag effect phone calls too ?

How long does it generally take for your phone to connect once you power up the car ?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Why are these not free updates ?

It's a new car ?

Why doesn't Kia update everything before handing to the customer.?

I'm just looking to make sure the heat pump update is done and navigation maps are done.im not looking to spend any more money than I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I don't know about updating a heat pump (is this even a thing?) but navigation and infotainment is easy and free. You can download an updater app to grab the latest here

https://update.kia.com/EU/E1/navigationUpdate

I believe there is a small lag, but I have never noticed it on phone calls or audio playback.

It takes about 30 seconds from starting car to seeing the CarPlay screen.

The only negative I have experienced is the dongle can run a bit hot and is prone to disconnect after about 2 hours of use, but I believe this is an issue with all CarPlay dongles.

on my old car I used it for nav and if going in a long drive I would always use the wired connection, but for day to day driving it is perfect.

The linked website has detailed reviews of all the common CarPlay dongles.

https://www.carplaylife.com/

The heating/heat pump issue in early cars was a hardware issue and was fixed by fitting a new part. This fix would have been done in Korea prior to shipping on any cars not yet delivered since it was identified in November.

I asked about updates and was told it left factory with all the latest updates. The infotainment update was released while my car was on the boat which is why it was not done.

The dealer should have checked and updated, but obviously did not do it.

You should not be charged for any updates while in warranty period anyway.

So it just dawned on me I should probably install some apps for charging, just encase. What do folks recommend? Ionity?

EasyGO covers all 3 networks in Ireland, ( ESB, IONITY & EasyGO) so is a one stop shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Onlyzeone

Don't know if my software has been updated, here are two photos of what software is on mine, I would be interested to see if you guys are on the same or not. This pre heating bug is starting to annoy me. I was looking forward to getting into a warm car when I wanted to.

Also, I think Manion mentioned that he can turn on seat heater from his app? Seat heating does not appear on my app at all...

Here are the pictures of my software, let's see how many different versions are there at the moment

Apologies for the fingerprint marks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

But be aware you’ll be paying a higher rate for esb ecars than someone using the the ecars app.

It looks like I have the same date on my software as you, which is old from what I can see. I looked at evodessey on YouTube and he definitely has later updates.

I asked for updates to be done before collecting car, asked again when collecting car and was informed they were done...

This is obviously not true... going to be having an interesting phone call in the morning

• Advertisement

That’s the trade off for convenience, I suppose if you only want one provider at lowest price, then ESB as they own the vast majority of chargers in Ireland.

If lowest price is priority, sign up with all 3.

I also think EV6 owners will get an IONITY subscription from Kia in the next few months, like they are doing in most other European countries but could be wrong.

At the moment I would only use IONITY in an emergency as 80c/kWh on the non subscription rate is crazy and paying for a subscription is not worth it with only 6 locations in the whole country.

Sorry, just looked at it now, when not blocked in I only have the option for mirrors, window and steering wheel heating. I think more options where available when plugged in.

Hopefully you are right, gives me more options as the only (semi) reliable way for me to pre heat is to be plugged in...

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

Guys, how do i enable door handle pop up on approch, is there such option anyway? (Gt line model)

That manual can be downloaded to your phone on the Kia owners manual app. There was a card with my handbook with QR codes for it, or just search Apple/Google store. The app also has a handy symbol scanner that uses your camera to explain any dash lights you are unsure about.

There are 2 RHD EV6 options to download, but only the general one works. The RHD Europe option does not work.

You will need your VIN number to register.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

not sure if im missing something but ive got option enabled on dash for handles to pop out on approach. door handles still wont pop out :(

Maybe post photos? It should just work then. I believe it's standard on earth as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ec_pc

Had the exact same issue on earth model. I turned that option off and re-enabled it, turned car off, locked it and walked away so the key was out of radius with the car. Walked back to car and the handles popped out automatically. Has worked everytime since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

I have a PHEV Optima and the spec for the time was excellent, much better kitted out than other premium brands in the same price bracket. Reliable AF to boot.

Advertisement