Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭armchaircoach

Really hoping we get the fringe Irish lads back next week.

If we manage to get Ruddock, Ed, Lowe, JGP, Ross, Larmour back that will be helpful.

I'll be pragmatic and say we won't see Frawley or Penny next week which is problematic.

Could be looking at a ROL, JOB midfield.

Or maybe they'll back Osbourne.

Against Farrell and DDA it's s big ask

JOB is injured currently. If Frawley is out I think we'll see Ross Byrne and ROL in the centre, getting Lowe and Larmour back would be really helpful.

If we don't get them back I'm not sure who plays, I Liam Turner?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,633 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

JOB is injured currently. If Frawley is out I think we'll see Ross Byrne and ROL in the centre, getting Lowe and Larmour back would be really helpful.

Injured against Scarlets, Osborne came on for him after half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

I'm working under the assumption that JOB and Kelleher could have played tonight but we're so shorn of backs they didn't risk them.

There's a possibility if we're so stuck that we'll need to look at Harry 10 Ross 12

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Predicting next week's 15 is very hard as we don't know who we'll actually have available from the test side or who is fit enough to play.

I hope we'll see Porter and Kelleher starting, along with Baird. But the back row is a big issue. Penny might be injured, Connors is definitely out and VDF is starting against England. May not have a 7 available to us. Don't know what we'll do at 8 either.

Clegg wrote: »
    Predicting next week's 15 is very hard as we don't know who we'll actually have available from the test side or who is for enough to play.

I hope we'll see Porter and Kelleher starting, along with Baird. But the back row is a big issue. Penny might be injured, Connors is definitely out and VDF is starting against England. May not have a 7 available to us. Don't know what we'll do at 8 either.

Josh Murphy at 6, Ruddock at 8 and then god (Nucifora) only knows at 7 would be my guess. Or shift Murphy to 8 again, Ruddock at 7 and Baird at 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Well in other great news, Munster's young players looked really strong tonight.

And I think the only one of them who got injured was Paddy Patterson? There's something dodgy going on. If they win, its tainted.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭armchaircoach

Did Soroka go off injured last week? He seemed to disappear at some point?

Well in other great news, Munster's young players looked really strong tonight.

And I think the only one of them who got injured was Paddy Patterson? There's something dodgy going on. If they win, its tainted.

Leo pulled Rowan at half time to even things out.

Josh Murphy at 6, Ruddock at 8 and then god (Nucifora) only knows at 7 would be my guess. Or shift Murphy to 8 again, Ruddock at 7 and Baird at 6.

It'll be Ruddock to 7 I reckon with Fardy to 6 and Murphy to 8 if Penny is out.

Fardy did quite well at 6 i think tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Dooley Tracy Bent
    Molony Fardy
    Ruddock Conan VDF

McGrath HByrne
    RByrne ROL
    Kearney O'Reilly Larmour

Kelleher, EByrne, Porter, Baird, Toner, HOS, whoever the hell else is fit.

• Advertisement

It'll be Ruddock to 7 I reckon with Fardy to 6 and Murphy to 8 if Penny is out.

Fardy did quite well at 6 i think tonight.

Was Fardy's substitution purely tactical? Was worried that it was another injury. That backrow would be ok for the final. Would give us a lot of power at the ruck and solidity in the lineout. But lacks pace and subtlety. They're all blindsides after all.

H Byrne bottled it in the final 20 minutes but I thought he was very good in everything he did prior to that. Wouldn't have a problem with him starting the final. I think that's probably what will happen anyway. Might play alongside his brother at 12.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Dooley Tracy Bent
    Molony Fardy
    Ruddock Conan VDF

McGrath HByrne
    RByrne ROL
    Kearney O'Reilly Larmour

Hope to see JOB and Kelleher.

I don't think we will see VDF either.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Dooley Tracy Bent
    Molony Fardy
    Ruddock Conan VDF

McGrath HByrne
    RByrne ROL
    Kearney O'Reilly Larmour

We'll go 6-2 on the bench with Soroka if he's not injured I'd say, Smith in the 22 jersey.

As great as it is to have all IQ players bar Fardy, it's these times that you really miss the likes of Isa and Kirchner etc.

Don't see a reason not to have Lowe in the side. Hasn't played much for Leinster this year, but has a point to prove from the Six Nations. We're a much better team with him in it.

Dan Sheehan had a decent shift in the backrow. It's obviously not his natural position, but he's such an impressive athlete that he could do a job there. Carried well and led the defensive line when tackling.

Clegg wrote: »
    Don't see a reason not to have Lowe in the side. Hasn't played much for Leinster this year, but has a point to prove from the Six Nations. We're a much better team with him in it.

Has played every game bar this weekend, as great as it would be to have him back I can see why he'd be under enforced rest with the quarter final to be played too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

So good thing the poll name didn’t jinx anyone. Phew

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I would imagine we're looking at a situation next week where many front line internationals aren't available. I presume the IRFU will take it on a case by case basis with minutes played in the 6N factored in. If they play 80 minutes today, it will make them unlikely for next week also.

As such, I think we might get the following back for the 23 (not necessarily starting): Porter, Brian Byrne, Ross Byrne, Baird, Ruddock, Larmour, Lowe, JGP.

I'd think that guys like Conan and VDF may be released depending on how today goes. Conan in particular has little enough rugby in recent times.

That still doesn't alleviate our issues in the centre for next week. As such, I think we might see something like a combination of ROL and JOB (if he's fit) or even RB forced to 12. Frawley didn't look comfortable at all at the end last night. Osborne has impressed but this would be a big ask for him against Farrell and DDA crashing it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

The selection process should be

1. Who do we not need for Europe?
    2. Play those guys.

Couldn't give a shyyyyte about the Pro14 final (IRFU don't, so why should we?), it's all about Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

2. Play those guys.

Couldn't give a shyyyyte about the Pro14 final (IRFU don't, so why should we?), it's all about Europe.

I am sure the players want medals.....sitting at home watching on TV you probably don't give a sh*t

But I am sure all the players who have turned out, stayed in Bubbles to play. Isolated during the season, playing week in week out etc etc etc do care

• Advertisement

sebdavis wrote: »
    I am sure the players want medals.....sitting at home watching on TV you probably don't give a sh*t

But I am sure all the players who have turned out, stayed in Bubbles to play. Isolated during the season, playing week in week out etc etc etc do care

Then let's give the young lads a chance to shine. Huzzah.

I'll bet if you ask any of the players who already have four or five ProXX medals which game their focus is on, very few of them would say Munster.

Then let's give the young lads a chance to shine. Huzzah.

I'll bet if you ask any of the players who already have four or five ProXX medals which game their focus is on, very few of them would say Munster.

Really? you dont think Leinster players want to beat Munster in a ProXX final?

F**k me I would expect every Leinster player would love to beat them, hammer them. Keep the 10 year going. If they don't stick up the Zebo video when he says everyone in Munster hate Leinster and he wouldn't sign for 5 mil a season.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

F**k me I would expect every Leinster player would love to beat them, hammer them. Keep the 10 year going. If they don't stick up the Zebo video when he says everyone in Munster hate Leinster and he wouldn't sign for 5 mil a season.

It's going to be awkward when Zebo signs for Leinster in a few weeks.

It's going to be awkward when Zebo signs for Leinster in a few weeks.

If he does it is for Zebo and nobody else :-)

Really? you dont think Leinster players want to beat Munster in a ProXX final?

???

Genuinely not sure where to start with this.

So I won't.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,380 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Buer wrote: »
    I would imagine we're looking at a situation next week where many front line internationals aren't available. I presume the IRFU will take it on a case by case basis with minutes played in the 6N factored in. If they play 80 minutes today, it will make them unlikely for next week also.

As such, I think we might get the following back for the 23 (not necessarily starting): Porter, Brian Byrne, Ross Byrne, Baird, Ruddock, Larmour, Lowe, JGP.

I'd think that guys like Conan and VDF may be released depending on how today goes. Conan in particular has little enough rugby in recent times.

That still doesn't alleviate our issues in the centre for next week. As such, I think we might see something like a combination of ROL and JOB (if he's fit) or even RB forced to 12. Frawley didn't look comfortable at all at the end last night. Osborne has impressed but this would be a big ask for him against Farrell and DDA crashing it up.

Pat Lam will be surprised when he sees Brian Byrne line out against Munster ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Pat Lam will be surprised when he sees Brian Byrne line out against Munster ;)

Secret weapon.

Damn you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭OldRio

Leo pulled Rowan at half time to even things out.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

2. Play those guys.

Don't agree with this at all. I also highly doubt the Leinster squad care so little about a pro 14 final against their biggest rivals..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

I think we are seeing one of the big problems in Irish rugby after this loss especially, instead of taking our medicine and saying we were all responsible we are just looking for scapegoats to blame the whole performance on.

Yeah let’s blame Harry Byrne, he’s the reason Leinster were destroyed at the break down in the second half, he’s the reason Leinster got destroyed in the scrum, he’s the reason the Leinster players would play with their usual hunger and intensity etc. but because he made one mistake let’s just paper over all the other issues and just blame Harry for the whole **** show of a performance.

Advertisement