Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,787 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Braun is back and by god he's in great shape

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Moment / Camera work of the year

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I like Braun but the problem I’ve always had with the monster build is there’s only one place for them to go and that’s down the card.

Braun feels like he’s forever hovering around the top of the card but they never pull with trigger and now with Roman still having both belts they will definitely won’t be pulling the trigger.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ultimately though, he’s still got a massively unique look, in terms of build and presence. He’s a monster, and I was shocked Vince ever let him go.

The Lumis shot was pure art.

I don't think there's any coincidence that the likes of Braun, Kross, Nia Jax etc were anti vax clowns and I think that was part of Vince's thinking when letting them go. I think Sasha was the only one that was kept (and it was rumoured Mandy Rose was demoted to NXT for not getting it).

Sure look at the Smackdown from Canada a few weeks ago. Kross couldn't appear live because you had to be vaccinated to get into Canada (some girl from NXT couldn't appear as well). And I'm nearly sure the big money show in Saudi, you have to be vaccinated to get into the country. Definitely think it was part of Vince's thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I just don't know where he fits anymore though with both belts on Roman presently. Do they run that feud back for the winter? We know he won't be dropping the titles to Braun so it seems kinda pointless. And what then for him? I mean I guess a match with Lashley might be a decent call?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 TonySniff

His narrative has been controlled.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

I’m not a fan of Strowman in real life but he defiantly has something. I hope they give us something difference with this version of him. I know he can talk ( probably best he doesn’t say much) but a mouthpiece wouldn’t be the worst thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I wouldn't mind a feud with Roman. We know he'll lose but you can put him strong anyway by having him run right through Usos, Sikoa and Sami before Roman can stop him. Like a spot where he charges around the ring smashing the bloodline only to stopped by a spear would be fun. You could also spin that off into that Sami/Owens story and have Braun smash Sami and Owens comes to defend him.

Putting over other baby faces and heels, ultimately.

I think Vince had a mindset, similar to what you are saying, where if he isn’t challenging for the title, then he’s seemingly not realistically able to do anything else. But he can be an upper mid card guy extremely easily, and step up and down as needed.

Lashley, Gunther, have a called up Bron Breaker going over him would be huge. Kross too. That’s just sticking with “bigger powerhouse” styles.

Big Show wasn’t just a top level guy. He could have feuds with plenty of midcarder as nessecarily, despite his size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ThePott

I definitely see there being value in bringing back Braun, I mean people like to be a bit revisionist but he was majorly over for a a lot of his run, he got a crazy pop last night even. Just have him be the giant doing crazy stuff like flipping ambulances and the lot.

As for his role, he may occasionally win a big match but his role is as a special attraction, doing some big spectacle spots that smaller wrestlers can't and giving wrestlers the rub of beating him after. The guy himself seems like a tool but I'm looking forward to what they do with him and don't think they have anyone like him on the roster.

So Rhea has made Dom a man

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But which of them does "Dom" apply to most?

What happened with Braun's Thomas the Tank Engine? Did he slip and that's why Gable jumped out of the way?

I like how they have stuff happening in the background. Like this week we had Nikki arguing with Doudrop and throwing her jacket and mask at her before walking off.

I guess it was supposedly Braun who flipped the car?

Maybe Rey and Edge are in on something with Dom and are fooling the Judgement Day lads

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So Dom is now a sub

Who will Gargano face tonight, too soon for Theory, maybe Gable or Veer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Cotts72

KO is a rocket.. WWE need to get that Raw belt on him. He's been top class since they made him relevant

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Absolutely bizarre booking to give Raquel and Aaliyah the belts then drop them not three weeks later. They should never have had them in the first place, let's be honest.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I think they only put the belts on them to shock the crowd as everyone was expecting damage control to win the tournament.

I do feel like Raw is losing some momentum it had built up under HHH and settling back into old ways.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Yep, this Dominik storyline is not helping at all

And I like Lumis but the story is a bit quite rapey

Finn's Saints Row getup makes him look badass lol. But I really wish Judgement Day would move the hell on from Edge and Rey. It feels like the story is just dragging on and on. At least move them away from the two for a while, even if they want to revisit it down the road.

Gable is so good. I'm happy for the guy to be getting a sustained spot on the card, putting on some great matches and getting mic time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I had assumed they held off giving damage ctrl the belts to save face as sasha and Naomi were going to come back and beat the winners of the tournament.

I think judgement day is one of the worse factions in a long while, its pointless and will go no where. I'm a balor fan and I'm always happy for him to get air time but this is meh

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Shorty G is taller than Johnny Wrestling.

Vince is rolling in his grave.

He is feuding with Elias and Ezekiel plus Usos and now Theory who also has a feud with Gargano

Rollins onto to IC feud with Lashley but still unfinished with Riddle who now Judgement Day also are targeting

Can Dom actually have the character to go out on his own and not be in a programme with Rey, him going down to NXT would of been better. Judgement Day turning on him is predictably down the line.

Johnny Wrestling is back baby

Transmission broke down at the time but i see Omas is getting the 'beat up the jobbers' treatment now

Seems to bit a of connecting feuds happening atm but its still a hell of a lot better than Raw was only a few months ago

KO and the US title really getting a huge shot in the arm

Edge is just back and now out again, legit injured or kayfabe?

Team Edge vs. Team Rhea at SS (mixed), has SS ever had a mixed tag elimination SS match?

Be nice if they got rid of the 'brand vs brand nonsense' for this year (Plenty of team xxxs team yyy stuff they can do that's not that)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How would it work when the guys can't touch the women? By default, the last woman in it would win since she could do what she wants to the guys and they can't do anything. Unless she gets disqualified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

sorry but Dominic is basically a jobber or lower mid guy at best. He’s doesn’t have the charisma, the ring work or even “the look”.. honestly, would he be anywhere near the roster without Rey? And he just doesn’t work with JD. At least tbe other 3 have something about them

Advertisement